Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Is this enough to appeal an on base ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What he said, only certain AFSCs get it, i was a crew chief at travis working 12hr shifts from 5pm to 5am and the only time i got to go to the chow hall was at 5am after work, you didnt hear me complaining. And i dont know how many bases youve been to but the chow hall isnt right next to the dorms, you might have to walk. Dont like walking, buy a bike. My point to you was if you are only an A1C and you want to get out of the military because you got caught doing something wrong and you have to pay 1.50 for dinner, then you need to get out, because someday down the road yo are going to face REAL problems and if you cant deal with the little ones, your gona be hosed later on. Just my .02.

And to Sgt0704, unless they have changed something since i was in the dorms, your ID card was your meal card, you just swiped it.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
I never said you didnt deserve it, i was telling you to grow a set and quit whining about it on a public forum. You think that you gonna make a post about having to drive an extra mile to work, and not get made fun of? I live 25 miles away from base, maybe i should get 25 times more then you do? And no i dont feel dumb for trying to make you look stupid. You did that all by yourself.
It's not my fault you decided to live that far away! I'd love to live off base, why are you complaining.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
It's not my fault you decided to live that far away! I'd love to live off base, why are you complaining.
Im not comlaining jack a$$, im trying to figure out why you are!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea you were
Old 07-31-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brad8266
Thats BS.
It may still be the rule that if you are a crew chief and they catch you not wearing hearing protection just once around a running engine and you loose or damage your hearing you are on your own for life when it comes to the millitary paying for things.

The millitary is not going to pay for anything if something happens and you are not obeying the rules.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sgt0704
if you've been in for more than 3 years, you know, it's true you come in as a man, but that doesn't mean most of these kids act that way. they come in thinking the Marine Corps owes them something because they've joined. and then their attituteds are straight ****. there are Marines you can treat like a man, and they'll do what they're supposed to do, and then there's others, that have to be treated like a kid.
I was in for 4 years. I got out as an Sergeant E-5, 0331 Machine Gunner. I know the Corps and I know the way it works. I have always held the Idea that you treat everyone like a man, even if they act like a kid. You treat them as if they are kids for to long and don't try to develop them, well then they keep acting like kids.

But, you are correct some do think the Corps owes them something and it is wrong for them to have that attitude. But I say treat them like men over and over again. You are supposed to be a leader, a mentor, a teacher, not a drill instructor.

Last edited by ls1ssdavid; 08-10-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

And about the whole chowhall thing I understand what you are saying. I worked at a command where I held duty that didn't exactly go hand and hand with the working hours of the chow hall. We requested Comrats so that we could purchase our own food at night. Because the Marine Corps as well as all branches of the military pay for your food either by comrats or meal card. They said "No, if we gave all Marines Comrats then we couldn't run the chow hall. It's a budget issue." well not my problem right? (Well it was a Navy Chow hall) So Marines went on just eating one meal a day. Navy didn't give a crap. I know some of yall are thinking well Marines in Iraq are going with only one meal a day. That is irreguardless and irrelavent and part of the retarded-ation. Finally we got a First Sgt that had some ***** on him. Stood up to the Navy and forced them to serve midrats to those Marines. Troop welfare isn't just for troops in combat. If you can in anyway shape or form assist another expecially in the military you should.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
The millitary is not going to pay for anything if something happens and you are not obeying the rules.
That is not true. You can still collect disability or SGLI even if you broke rules and regulations.

I don't have the link. But I have seen the rules and regulations on that some where. I thought on this forum. They still pay for you.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

page one of this thread as i was so nicely corrected a while back
Old 08-11-2007, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jasonk
page one of this thread as i was so nicely corrected a while back
I haven't logged on to ls1tech in a while. Haha, But I knew i've seen it some where. Thanks jasonk