Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

45 Reasons to Re-enlist

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
so do you get a payment for the 12 credit semester or do you get paid per month. And how much do you get?
I get $1200 per month when enrolled in at least a 12 credit semester. I have some money added I think the normal pay out is just over $1000 a month. If you want more info here is a link https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006vette
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...8-20043-14.jpg

Thats SSgt Samson on the right. (my wife) Shes been driving LS1/LS2 cars since I met her in 1998. I dont know about you guys but I'd do her

Who's on the left?

Yours is very nice too
Old 08-25-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
What branch are you in? I was an ARFF guy in the Corps.
Air Force. Im here at the DOD Fire Academy now and love it! There are quite a few Marines here and there pretty damn cool. I give you ******* a lot of respect. Glad Im in the blue thouh, lol...
Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Teching In

This thread makes me LOL..I have to much time left to even think about getting out of the Army
Old 09-19-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Lot of that is dead on. Some things will never change with very pro-military and anti-military lifestyle. I still believe some people were MADE to serve the 20+ years, and others not so much.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Lot of that is dead on. Some things will never change with very pro-military and anti-military lifestyle. I still believe some people were MADE to serve the 20+ years, and others not so much.
Yep, that's exactly it. I'm one of those "keep my opinions to myself" guys, but I can sympathize with both "shut up and do your job" and "I can't stand it so I'll complain to everyone" people.

I myself want to get out of the AF ASAP. Many people will scoff at the fact that I'm in the AF, or that I have never operated from a FOB, etc. All I know is that while the job is easy, the pay is generous in relation to the hardship, and even though we are well taken care of compared to our Soldiers and Marines... it is in no way more desireable to me than hanging up my new ABUs for good.

You could pay me $100,000 a year to hand out footballs and I may never be satisfied with that in the long run, either. I don't have the job satisfaction, and I will not be reenlisting. In fact, I'm looking to forceshape right now.

I do agree that if you're complaining about your job but have passed your first term, you only have yourself to blame. Otherwise, it's not too late to make the change.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Yep, that's exactly it. I'm one of those "keep my opinions to myself" guys, but I can sympathize with both "shut up and do your job" and "I can't stand it so I'll complain to everyone" people.

I myself want to get out of the AF ASAP. Many people will scoff at the fact that I'm in the AF, or that I have never operated from a FOB, etc. All I know is that while the job is easy, the pay is generous in relation to the hardship, and even though we are well taken care of compared to our Soldiers and Marines... it is in no way more desireable to me than hanging up my new ABUs for good.

You could pay me $100,000 a year to hand out footballs and I may never be satisfied with that in the long run, either. I don't have the job satisfaction, and I will not be reenlisting. In fact, I'm looking to forceshape right now.

I do agree that if you're complaining about your job but have passed your first term, you only have yourself to blame. Otherwise, it's not too late to make the change.
I can't stand it when people complain about everything, I just avoid those people all together. I'll probably get out as well. I have no idea what would make me stay in. I can't stand the fact that I'm practically chained down to the base unless I'm on leave. I guess i just can't stand commitments, its definitely not how my dad described it ahahah of course that was 40 years ago.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
I can't stand it when people complain about everything, I just avoid those people all together. I'll probably get out as well. I have no idea what would make me stay in. I can't stand the fact that I'm practically chained down to the base unless I'm on leave. I guess i just can't stand commitments, its definitely not how my dad described it ahahah of course that was 40 years ago.
Yeah, I also "followed" my dad in, except he was Navy. He kept on harping about how good it was. I don't have a problem with authority, don't mind commitments, and I am patriotic... but I can't stand being constantly accountable, I can't stand the desert, I can't stand... <insert more complaining here>.

So I'll just forceshape.

Quick Reply: 45 Reasons to Re-enlist