Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can you get out of tickets with your CAC card...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it does help in non-military towns. I got pulled over in South Jersey about 25 times in 4 and a half months (no-bull, I'm a jackass) and only ever got a warning for not wearing my seatbelt. On one of the ocassions I was blowing past a State in high 4th doing 100+ and he even let me go. But where I'm stationed now, for pulling my card out got me a reckless instead of improper movement for wheel hop??? Not burning out just hopped the right rear on a bump. Got on me and stated saying **** like what would happen if I told your command about this. Let's just say I wasn't nice to him anymore after that. And he was prior Army, all depends on the town.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msgZ28
Excuse me for being ignorant, but what does CAC mean? I have never heard that acronym in all of my 6 years.
For Airforce guys its the common access card as stated befor. For all other military that dont sit behind the computer all day its our Military ID.
Sorry, i had to give you ****.. who The F*ck says CACard?

Yes it will get you out of tickets if you're at home, on leave. not around base
Old 10-08-2007, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by risner
For Airforce guys its the common access card as stated befor. For all other military that dont sit behind the computer all day its our Military ID.
Sorry, i had to give you ****.. who The F*ck says CACard?

Yes it will get you out of tickets if you're at home, on leave. not around base
i don't think i could tell people that i'm in the air force and all i do is push papers or work in finance or check id's...i'd rather work my *** off in maintenance and get my hands dirty. i don't know how some of you guys do it.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Cuz CAC is so much funnier than Military ID. Duh.
And I'm AF and don't push papers or check IDs. Actually the AF is cutting their personnel/office jobs greatly and moving everything they can online for individual action only.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Launching!

I didn't get out of it for my Carless Driving charge in Evesham, NJ. But being like 30 minutes from Ft Dix I can see them getting alot of military running through.

It did end up helping me get the ticket reduced to a no-point no-transfer violation (NC doesn't recognize cell phone violations, so score)
Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

What's a cell phone violation? I assume talking on one while driving? Never been anywhere (except on base) that had a law against that.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

not by flashing my CAC card but just out of state license does it. they usually ask if i'm military then we trade korea stories and i'm on my way with a warning. happend twice so far for 15+mph tickets
Old 10-20-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple
What's a cell phone violation? I assume talking on one while driving? Never been anywhere (except on base) that had a law against that.
Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, California and Washington D.C. have laws banning them while driving and 17 other states have more specific laws against cell phones.

Hands free is legal everywhere still.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Handed the cop one time my ID (cac card) and my license with insurance. He immediatly handed me back the ID and said I don't need this...

Ended up fighting the ticket and after 3 months, was fully dismissed by judge (tired of seeing me in his court room).
Old 10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, California and Washington D.C. have laws banning them while driving and 17 other states have more specific laws against cell phones.

Hands free is legal everywhere still.
Wow, just one more to add to my already long list of reasons not to go to any of those states.

Quick Reply: Can you get out of tickets with your CAC card...