Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Fallujah

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Fallujah

Anyone at Fallujah??

What the **** is up with that place?? I had a CWO tell me to roll my sleeves down in my flight suit the other day when I was in the PX. Then, I saw they have MP's there??? And we got pulled over becase we drove around the traffic circle in a vehicle with over 2 axles. WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?! Marines have nothing better to do there I guess.....Its rediculous. Its worse than Lejeune....good thing I dont go there very often.....
Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to some of the larger bases in anbar... seems a lot of the real douchebags were guys who were like mechanics and just fapped out to MP positions... powertripping because they got to go condition 3 on base in a combat zone for 8 hours a day & pull over people for "seatbelt violations" (most of the vehicles we were riding in didnt even come with seatbelts... so wtf)

besides "seatbelt violation" in a combat zone.. you've got to be kidding me.

just need NCO's that aren't idiots and make sure everyone is safe..... and unfortunately that doesn't happen.. too many immature people filling billets they aren't ready for..
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Lejuene is still the same man. This place is out of controll.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

gotta love good ole Camp Lejeune (FWD) LOL... I got pulled over for speeding in a 7 ton responding to an IED call when I was with EOD.... gimme a fukin break...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PI HAT
Lejuene is still the same man. This place is out of controll.

Oh, believe me, its worse here.....you will see when you get here.....
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSCamaroUSMC
I've been to some of the larger bases in anbar... seems a lot of the real douchebags were guys who were like mechanics and just fapped out to MP positions... powertripping because they got to go condition 3 on base in a combat zone for 8 hours a day & pull over people for "seatbelt violations" (most of the vehicles we were riding in didnt even come with seatbelts... so wtf)

besides "seatbelt violation" in a combat zone.. you've got to be kidding me.

just need NCO's that aren't idiots and make sure everyone is safe..... and unfortunately that doesn't happen.. too many immature people filling billets they aren't ready for..
Agreed....its rediculous....it almost seems like they are out to get you. Arent we all on the same side????? Seems some people have forgoten that. I am so glad I am at a FOB......no polotics, no bs, just me and my Marines....
Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****** TQ is on it's way to being garrison.. They ****** throw a fit if you don't have your PT shirt tucked in. i've been bitched at about the sleeve deal too. every once in a while i hear about it from carrying my rifle "grunt" style.. you know, not slung.. by the slip ring.. ****** whatever. 2 weeks til i go home.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 AM
11 Second Club

now that is retarded. There was an article in the Marine times talking about the leather shoulder holsters for pistols. How the pistol when in the holster points backwards, instead of down. There was quotes in there about people afraid to stand behind someone with a holster like that. GIMME A ******* BREAK!!!!! No one carries any ammo anyways!!! Jesus, dont they have anything better to bitch about?!?!?! How about the troops on FOB's arent getting the supplies they need, or how about the Marines at TQ are spoiled, huge PX's, living in cans, with AC, cable, internet access in thier rooms, they dont have to wear any PPE when walking outside!!!! Come out to a FOB then bitch about how bad you have it. I am glad that I am retiring in less than 5 years. I cant stand how political the Marine Corps has become.....
Old 09-15-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
now that is retarded. There was an article in the Marine times talking about the leather shoulder holsters for pistols. How the pistol when in the holster points backwards, instead of down. There was quotes in there about people afraid to stand behind someone with a holster like that. GIMME A ******* BREAK!!!!! No one carries any ammo anyways!!! Jesus, dont they have anything better to bitch about?!?!?! How about the troops on FOB's arent getting the supplies they need, or how about the Marines at TQ are spoiled, huge PX's, living in cans, with AC, cable, internet access in thier rooms, they dont have to wear any PPE when walking outside!!!! Come out to a FOB then bitch about how bad you have it. I am glad that I am retiring in less than 5 years. I cant stand how political the Marine Corps has become.....

I noticed you were from Bellingham, I grew up in Blackstone..lol.

small world, Ramadi might be more to your liking we are in and out of OTV's often. this place is a real $hithole....
Old 09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Not a big fan of Al Taqaddum. I spent a couple days there not long ago and hated it. Being AF, I wasn't happy about all the Marine rules. That place needs to lighten up.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
People bitched at me about my shoulder holster and it's usually someone junior grade officer wearing a drop holster. So I say to them, "Aren't you flagging the person across from you when you sit down with your holster." It usually shuts them up.
In '04 one of my Marines said, "I came to Iraq on a combat tour and garrison broke out."
Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
I noticed you were from Bellingham, I grew up in Blackstone..lol.

small world, Ramadi might be more to your liking we are in and out of OTV's often. this place is a real $hithole....
damn, small world no kidding.....well I am at Viking now..and believe me, its a lot more relaxed than Flajeune.....
Old 09-16-2007, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gatman01
In '04 one of my Marines said, "I came to Iraq on a combat tour and garrison broke out."
sad but true.....
Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

That is seriously one of the funniest things I have read in the last week.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
Ramadi might be more to your liking we are in and out of OTV's often. this place is a real $hithole....
Lazy Ramadi is not that Bad. I spent all my tours there. I was mostly at Blue Diamond though. Im going back soon, buth this time as a nasty civilian contractor.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Teching In

you guys ought to try camp taji. real garrison type fob there. the chow hall guards were the worst. we were denied entry a few times into the chow hall because were soaked in sweat just getting back from a 10 hour mission. or they wouldn't let you in if you didn't have a sling. sleeves somewhat rolled up or your boot blouse were too low. anything they can find, they will make a fuss over it. infantry + pogues fob = disaster.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

the thing about fallujah (sp) is because of the MEF being there. do they still have the small hills as speed bumps? it wasn't that bad when i was there the last time. but it has been a couple of years. before the mef moved there they were starting to do all that bs. funy thing is most of those people don't leave the fob much. i'll take a seat belt tick cause if that vehicle roll i need ot make sure i can get out of it and not have to worry about a seat belt. and with all that gear on the belts don't always fit anyways.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Which MEF are you talking about? A MEF has been there since during the Invasion and from '04 on up. It's not the units out there, it's personel with bars and rockers who have never deployed and are not part of a Combat Arms MOS. Those higher ups just want bragging rights so they can go to other senior personnel and say, "well my unit does this so they gotta be locked on."

That said, I can see where some of the rules stem from. People get stupid out there, from neglegent discharges to vehicle mishaps that could be prevented if someone used some sense. Stop giving those higher ups ammo to **** with ya'll.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lazy Ramadi is not that Bad. I spent all my tours there. I was mostly at Blue Diamond though. Im going back soon, buth this time as a nasty civilian contractor.
if your on the FOB all day it isnt.

I'm off the FOB 5-6 days a week.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

I patrol mobile out of that shithole, once in awhile we get to stay at the fob for a few weeks and its like a vacation. I got lifed out the other day for not carrying my laundry bag in my right hand instead of my left by a 2nd lt!!(supposed to leave it empty for salutes that u dont give in Iraq) called him a boot and told him to shut up, he didn't say another word. Thats really disrespectful and I almost feel bad but give me an effin break!

Quick Reply: Fallujah