Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Saluting out of uniform

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007 | 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ ****, didn't think about that....good call!
Old 09-25-2007 | 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
So i you get a medal or an award presented to you from your commander you dont "shake, take and salute" him?
Every awards Quarters I have ever been to. You have to have a cover on.. Even in-doors. So yeah we would solute.
Old 09-25-2007 | 06:54 PM
Teching In

well, every one that ive been to has been indoors and nobody that i know of wears their cover indoors and we all salute, but who knows, ive only been in the Air Force for 7 years.
Old 09-25-2007 | 08:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
well, every one that ive been to has been indoors and nobody that i know of wears their cover indoors and we all salute, but who knows, ive only been in the Air Force for 7 years.
Nobody is saying your wrong. Different Branch, different Customs and Courtesies. Marines do not salute unless they have thier cover on was all I was trying to say.
Back on topic, there was something that i heard a couple months ago about placing right hand over heart when not in uniform. Nothing was said about saluting though. As far as veterans go, they served thier Country, and if they want to salute the Flag, then why not. In the end they are just showing respect for the symbol of the Country that they served for.

Quick Reply: Saluting out of uniform