Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

instant nco

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weberje
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puVmKfCwb4M

By the way, I'm not biased of course, but IMHO compared to the Marine Corps, everybody else is just "playing military". Sit on it.
Do you even know what BIAS means?

compared to the Marine Corps, everybody else is just "playing military". Sit on it.
Sounds like a BIAS opinion coming from a MARINE.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsetT/A

Not to fan the fire but I have 5 years of Marine Aviation and soon getting out and so far in the job hunt the big boys in civilian aviation prefer aircraft mechs from the Corps over any other.....hell Boeing said something along the lines of discipline, work ethic and attention to detail.........and another thing that pretty damn arrogant to generalize the Corps like that
thats good for u that u have somethin goin for u in the future. i guess my bro really doesnt and thats why he painted that picture for me...if it wasnt for him talking me out of it i would be a marine. assuming i made it thru bootcamp as it is a lot harder than the air force easy *** basic training. i give it to u marines, u go thru hell to earn the title and thats somethin no one will understand unless they've done it themselves.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
. i give it to u marines, u go thru hell to earn the title and thats somethin no one will understand unless they've done it themselves.
Word. I give them alot of respect just for going through that.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bene
Word. I give them alot of respect just for going through that.
yea and ive had airman tell me that basic training is harder than any other branch. haha if they just new. and general jones here said to me that air force fitness standards are the hardest. lmao
Old 11-22-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunsetT/A

Not to fan the fire but I have 5 years of Marine Aviation and soon getting out and so far in the job hunt the big boys in civilian aviation prefer aircraft mechs from the Corps over any other.....hell Boeing said something along the lines of discipline, work ethic and attention to detail.........and another thing that pretty damn arrogant to generalize the Corps like that
HMMMMMMMM, I work at THE LARGEST civilian aircraft maintenance building in the world when it comes to number of hangars and size. TONS of people work there. Guess how many former Aviation Marines? TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess how many Marines all together? TWO!!!!!!!!!!

Want to take a WILD guess at how many are former AF Crew Chiefs and Avionics guy are there? More then I can count. More then a few former NAVY aviation also. Keep in mind there are plenty of former ARMY guys also that were shooters. We even have a Costy.

In the civilian world it about getting the job done and bashing the company you work for

Everyone joins different branches for different reasons, some want to get shot at, some want to fix things, some want to to law, medicine, police, ect ect. In the end the only thing that matters is that you are protecting our country.

P.S. be carefull how you word thenings when you get into the civilian world. Lots of people you will be working with from all the branches.
On my dock and crew over half the guys are all prior.... 95% have close family members that are prior.
We take pride in working on the jets and put in the hours, thats all that you can compare to the millitary honestly.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

hey guys mine is bigger
================================================== ====D------
UU

i'm kind of a big deal people know me

in all seriousness we all do different things. Without one we still arent anything. There are smart people and stupid people in all branches just some arent allowed to hold certain jobs etc.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
NKAWTG...N

Okay enough inter-service dick measuring, ladies. We all joined different services, go team. All our pay checks come from the DOD so suck it up.

Keep it on track or it gets the lock.

That first video was halarious btw.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Okay enough inter-service dick measuring, ladies. We all joined different services, go team. All our pay checks come from the DOD so suck it up.

thanks man!!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
That was funny.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bene
AF emphasizes/focuses more on technical stuff more than anything unlike the Army/Marines they focus on shooting/guarding/cleaning weapons blah, blah.

Not always true. Your are stereotyping....
Old 11-23-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StoleIt

I live not to far from the building were the pay checks come from for the entire DOD and go to the comissary around the corner........ does not look like the most thrilling place to work hahaha.

Quick Reply: instant nco