Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Insulting day from my shop...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAPPER
REDHORSE?????
No - he's at Holloman. No Horse at Holloman.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by StoleIt
So your a Senior Airman who hasn't sown on Staff Sgt yet...yet hate being called Airman?

What would you like to be called out of curiosity? Staff Sgt Select?

No, just call me Bayer, my last name... He's my superior, so he can also legally call me by my first name..

And no.. I'm not HORSE.. I was stationed w/ the 819th in Afghanistan for 8 months last year.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to bust your ***** but SSgt select is SrA= airman. I was still being called as an airman at the time until I put it on this past month. Its weird though being called Sgt Brice almost funny to me when I hear it. I'm like who??

Being an airman, their entitled to make mistakes (reasonable) and say I didn't know that. In NCO tier, man stratosphere high standards.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

When other people in my shop were (S)Sgts, I (SrA) referred to them as Amn, Now that I am a select b!tches better call me STAFF SERGEANT SELECT!!!!!! lol, just kidding I don't expect anything other than Amn or SrA until i sew on. I graduate ALS on 13 Dec, can't wait to get back to normal. I'm doing my summative stuff right now.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
No, just call me Bayer, my last name... He's my superior, so he can also legally call me by my first name..

And no.. I'm not HORSE.. I was stationed w/ the 819th in Afghanistan for 8 months last year.
Man, I've got a feeling you're gonna have a rough career. Maybe you should refresh yourself in the Enlisted Force Structure
Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

^ Sorry, but I just don't like being called Airman unless I'm being formerly addressed. In my shop it's not a formal environment so you don't normally call someone by their rank unless you are addressing them. Like SSgt Snuffy for instance. Normally I address rank when they're E-5 or up.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know everyone has their own rank, but aren't you all Airmen? Just like we're all Marines.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

yes but e-1 through e-4 is airman basic, airman, airman first class, and senior airman.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sgt0704
i know everyone has their own rank, but aren't you all Airmen? Just like we're all Marines.

Try calling an O-6+ and Airman.. THey don't like that very much!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I thought we were all airman so i can call the commander an airman...it's funny....sometimes i get called sgt and i don't know why. I'm an A1C. Sorry bout your shop it seems like I value any time I get off of work so maybe they are the same way. I don't do much to support the unit anymore.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Bayer, despite your current situation with your shop, I just want to say congrats on completing ALS. Ironically, I just graduated from ALS on Thursday. I didn't receive any awards but I could care less beacuse all that matters is that I graduated. I'm guessing I'll be sewing on around the same time that you do. Seeing as how your shop isn't the greatest, have you considered PCSing or apply for a special duty assignment?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Teching In

I ended up calling a Tsgt (S) in my shop and told him what's up.. We're kind of buddy's anyway... But I told him what I told MSGT White (in front of our section commander too).. I apologized and asked him to tell Sgt White I apologized. I don't want to risk a possible UCMJ Art 92 Violation if someone want to make a stink about it.. Plus the LT was prolly shocked, and w/ him not being in that long, I don't think he quite knew what to say.. THey were both in uniform and I was laying into a MSGT... I think that's pretty ballsy as far as what I'm known for NOT doing.. I've never done that before and I think I just lost it. Work stress and reintegration, from seperation from work for so long..
An E-4 busting an E-7 *** in front of an officer! ALS Didn't teach you how to do things tactical and bringing them over to the side and talking about the situation? I'm prior AF (Rent a cop) Now Army. If that happen in the Army you would have been pushing the Earth quick!
Old 12-15-2007, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a couple people telling me that I made it due to TIS, TIG, DECs and EPR's.. THen the results came out..

I studied my *** OFF for 6 months for that test!!! AND IT PAID OFF!!! He even went into the boss's office bitching about me.. "That MFR just sits at the Airfield shop all day and studies!!" They asked him if he studied, he said yes.. Which I KNOW he really didn't. I heard him say so.. THey told him that.. "Well, if you study and put forth the effort, you'll prolly make it."
For the majority, your WAPS scores reflect how much time you put into studying. As far as someone scoffing at you for "sitting at the Airfield shop all day studying" -- we all know not EVERY minute of the day is spent working. If you've got 2 minutes to study, I see that as an effective use of time management -- an awesome skill to have, especially as you progress through the ranks. Obviously those spare minutes you utilized to study was time well spent!

I'm always multi-tasking. If I'm on the phone, my hands are usually busy doing something else, i.e., updating T.O's & Job Guides, finishing up an MFR, EPR, whatever.

As for the guys that spend their spare time at work twiddling their thumbs, watching t.v., at the smoke pit, playing cards, well they can sit and be the same rank for another year...
Old 12-15-2007, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Your a SrA that has a problem with being called airman? Better yet, your a SrA that is about to graduate ALS and just layed into a MSgt? Good luck with your career AIRMAN.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

I love ppl like this kid. Yet another reason why testing people on two seperate things, a stupid EPR system that allows for people to get pencil whipped Firewall 5's, etc.

I seriously hope you are just kidding with some of the stuff you are hopefully just venting on here and didn't actually do it. Or you are seriously going to be some troops worst nightmare with how disgruntled you are.

Quick Reply: Insulting day from my shop...