Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Bragg vs Hood??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh-60's i know i know your gonna tell me 47's are better but i love the blackhawks
Old 12-24-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

They all have there place. You will definatley be able to get hawks, the army has so many places to fill you have to be top 5 in your class to not get blackhawks. But as you can imagine this does have its down falls, as some times you realy get some choice hawk pilots. But the hawk community is a cool bunch of guys, I work with them all the time.

Last edited by 95ttoplt1; 12-28-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Fort Hood has some of the best training areas i have ever seen. there is not a whole lot to do really
Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
Fort Hood has some of the best training areas i have ever seen. there is not a whole lot to do really
Hood sucks. Thats for sure. But the surrounding areas are great. You have Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Arlington, etc. One thing I can say about Hood is that I am never bored.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

so i recommend staying away from hood its the black hole of the army.........but to answer your question the dragstrip is about a 30-45 min drive from hood. not the greatest strip but its legal.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96ta
so i recommend staying away from hood its the black hole of the army.........but to answer your question the dragstrip is about a 30-45 min drive from hood. not the greatest strip but its legal.
What don't you like about Hood?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
So it looks like these will be my choices for Duty stations. I'm a CW2 Chinook pilot and I was prior Infantry so my Hooah meter isn't really jumping at either one of these choices.

But anyway I have 2 little girls(5 and 2) and of course a hot wife.

So let me hear opinions on this. I do have some general questions as well.

#1. Is there a drag strip close??

#2. How are the schools?

#3. How are home prices? Are they rising or falling??

#4 What kind/size of home will $150k get you?

#5. Whats the crime rates like??

#6. Any areas to avoid??

And please if you have any pictures of the area post them up

I work with a bunch of guys from Fort Hood and they all say good things, but I kinda want to know the bad as well.
HOOD HOOD HOOD HOOD HOOD! I tell all my soldiers to go to hood before they get out. I loved being in the first team! I myself am 11C, and a mech warrior so im a little biased. I dont think I could stand being at bragg, all those super hooah, overly motivated, gay **** star retards that jump out of airplanes would really start to **** me off. Tankers are much cooler people.
1. Yes there is a drag strip close to fort hood, I just cant remember the damn name. been away for 3 years.
2.Schools, from what I was told they were good, although I cant say personally as I have no children yet.
3.Houses are cheap as **** in texas, last time I was there a 2400 sqft home went for 80-100 thousand.
4.See 3.
5.Pretty bad in killeen, coppers cove and harker heights, anything around ft hood. Just drive 30 minutes and you can be in the middle of rural central texas nowhere, nice country, nice people, and easy going life.
6.killeen outside the rancier gate. the only thing out there worth seeing are the damn barber shops. make a left just about anywhere off of rancier and youll be in the natural habitat of the crack head in all its glory. there used to be a midget hooker there, one of my guys "hired" her before our deployment in Jan 04. It still beats ******* prostitutes and being in a division that has an award for best gay **** movie.
Why walk when you can ride!

Quick Reply: Bragg vs Hood??