Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

heading to ft hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ft.Hood is the SUCK!! Enjoy Germany while you can!! Temple dragway is awsome little strip. It is privately owned and the track prep is average. Valley Mills drive in Waco is where you need be to cruise on weekends. Or it used to be anyways.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Killeen isn't that bad... live on the south side of 190 and stay on or east of Trimmier. This is the better area with less crime/dirtiness/nastiness. Food is great if you like eating the same steak and hamburger at every restaurant with horrible service. It's also close to Austin, which is nice.

There are some significant downsides, though.

Fort Hood, being a huge post, has terrible traffic. Couple this with the worst drivers in the world and traffic becomes a nightmare. I live in Killeen and my 10 mile commute can sometimes take 45 minutes. Live in Belton if you want to tack on another 15 miles to that. Live in Temple if you're insane or drive a Prius.

Hood is an Armor Showcase. My apologies if you're an armor/heavy mech guy, but I've never seen so many fat soldiers in my life. I don't know how some of these people fit through the hatches...
Old 04-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KMK454
Fort Hood, being a huge post, has terrible traffic. Couple this with the worst drivers in the world and traffic becomes a nightmare. I live in Killeen and my 10 mile commute can sometimes take 45 minutes. Live in Belton if you want to tack on another 15 miles to that. Live in Temple if you're insane or drive a Prius.

Looks like some things havent changed...

Quick Reply: heading to ft hood