Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Going into airforce, have job ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You have 3 options:

1. Have someone bring the car to your tech training base
2. Have it shipped to your tech training base(on your dime)
3. If you can wait until christmas, you get what is called "Exodos" where the base shuts down training. Commanders allow you to take leave and go home.

The only other time you can leave tech training is on "Emergency Leave" which is basically death of a family member.

Jack
Old 01-24-2008, 03:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by insanez
OH yeah, baby duece, how would you get your car there. If you leave for tech asap after basic, how does this happen. Because I think I am going to do weather or computer satelites and both tech schools are long as hell and I don't want to be without a car that long.
You can't drive anyways until your Phase II (unless they changed that rule) so you have 30 days of hoofing it. If I were you, I would be more concerned about focusing on your studies than trying to drive around the base (which you would be restricted to anyways in Phase I).
Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like i said GO MEDICAL!!! anything in MEDICAL!!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, I don't want to be a firefighter because my father was one and so was my uncle at the same station, and both said they loved it until they both got trapped in a huge fire once and almost died so i promised them I would not go into firefighting for them.
That would also be a good reason
Old 01-24-2008, 12:21 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Roy, EOD is only 20 weeks at tech school, the rest of you training is after your assigned to a base and you train with the team there.

My fault I was thinking Army which equals 40 weeks of advance training.
Even though I believe a US EOD train at the same school.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

I'm not in to the medical field, plus my buddy Josh Harmon was a field medic and his heli went down over in Iraq and got killed, I have wierd superstitions about doing jobs that friends or family were hurt, almost killed, or killed in.
Anyways I picked the jobs today, and I am just waiting to here when each one is available and the time fram I can leave. I picked 1W0X1- WEATHER,
2E1X1 Satellite, Wideband, and Telemetry Systems, or 2A6X6 Aircraft Electrical & Environmental Systems.
Thanks
Steve
Old 01-25-2008, 02:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

5 bucks says you will get E&E.....wanna bet?

Jack
Old 01-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by babydeuce
5 bucks says you will get E&E.....wanna bet?

Jack
im with this guy...

-justin
Old 01-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Launching!

I will definately not mind getting to work on aircraft, so let me have E & E, and are you in some kind of underground spy group, how do you know I am going to get it, lol. Also, I was told there is a grace period that you do get to go home for a couple days to beable to pay bills and set up everything for were you are going, I was told this is only for a couple of days, if not I am going to have to give my wife a power of attoney over me and I know she will spend all my money on clothes and stupid crap.

Last edited by insanez; 01-25-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I say that you will get E&E because there is always a high turn over rate in maintenance, so there will be open slots to fill.

There is no grace period...You go to basic, you leave directly to tech school. The only grace period is for guard/reserve folks that do what is called the "split option". These folks go to basic, then go back to their home unit while they wait for a class date at tech training. Active duty does not get this option...sorry! Make sure your affairs are in order before you leave for basic.

Jack
Old 01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

EOD man. They have cool jobs and when you are deployed like here in balad you get to blow a lot of **** up. I have talked to a few of them and they like there job alot. haha i don't like mine to much but i only have 3 1/2 years left not to bad to deal with.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe you're confused about the "grace period" if thats what you want to call it, after you complete BMT, you get shipped on a bus to your tech school base.. however, after tech school, you can do recruiter's assistance where you can help the recruiter in your home town for up to i think 2 weeks.. also, you can take like up to 5 extra days of leave i believe. after this is over, you report to your first real duty station
Old 02-07-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

um EOD does deploy a lot and they have the highest death rate in the AF since they deploy to iraq to dispose of IED's and whatnot. just lettin' ya know
Old 02-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by djfeezy
CE = Civil Engineering. It's a squadron that has several AFSC's in it. EOD, Fire Protection, Readiness, HVAC/R, Electrical, Structrial, Heavy Equipment, Utilities, Power Production, Engineering Assistants.....etc.
Don't you mean CES = Clean Everyones Shxt ?

Quick Reply: Going into airforce, have job ?'s