Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Truck NUTS banned from on base POV's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck NUTS banned from on base POV's!!!!

Just want to get a few opinions on something crazy going on at my base right now!!! A senior female enlisted wrote a letter to the base commander complaining about TRUCK NUTS!!! NOW truck nuts have been banned once on base!!! Does this seem like it was taken to far or do you think she is justified?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!!! The base commander has alot more important stuff to worry about than complaints like that. No further comments...
Old 01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm.....wasn't there a thread about a month ago with an Amn whining about the Georgia flag that had the Confederate flag on it?

Honestly, I think the truck nuts are a big over the top...... call me a prude!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Splitz
hmm.....wasn't there a thread about a month ago with an Amn whining about the Georgia flag that had the Confederate flag on it?

Honestly, I think the truck nuts are a big over the top...... call me a prude!!!
yup, that was me man, i think people need to grow the hell up and stop getting so damn offended by what other people do. if you dont like it, then dont look at it. dont be a douche about it. you are in the military, this is not high school!

i was whining huh? i just thought that people could be mature about situations like this? after all we are in the united states military. what has become of the military now? it makes be in my mouth!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hammerdown2000
yup, that was me man, i think people need to grow the hell up and stop getting so damn offended by what other people do. if you dont like it, then dont look at it. dont be a douche about it. you are in the military, this is not high school!

i was whining huh? i just thought that people could be mature about situations like this? after all we are in the united states military. what has become of the military now? it makes be in my mouth!
Man, do you hear yourself? You're saying that others need to grow up and mature, but you're still whining about your plate and think that hanging a big set of plastic/rubber ***** from your vehicle shouldn't offend anyone.

Look at it this way, say you and I are stuck in a room together and I have a bad case of gas, so I keep farting. Obviously, you're not going to be too happy about the situation, but what is the more reasonable remedy? I try to hold in my farts, or you stop breathing?

Another thing you still don't seem to understand is the fact that you are in the military, living/working on a military base. You're not a civi anymore, you don't get to play by those rules. All it takes is one or two people to complain about something and the next thing you know......it's no more. Do you really expect the Base Commander to tell someone, "Get over it. It's just a harmless little flag/set of rubber *****." How soon after that do you think he'd be answering questions from the local reporters and what not?

Why don't you follow your own advice and grow up?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Corny40
Look at it this way, say you and I are stuck in a room together and I have a bad case of gas, so I keep farting. Obviously, you're not going to be too happy about the situation, but what is the more reasonable remedy? I try to hold in my farts, or you stop breathing?

LMAO....that has got to be the single best analogy I have ever read!!!

Jack
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyess banned those nutz about 4 years ago.

They are funny...if you're 17.

Guess what, you're in the military. You're expected to maintain a proffessional image, even in your vehicle.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:25 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmill96Z

Guess what, you're in the military. You're expected to maintain a proffessional image, even in your vehicle.
Exactly!!

Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

lol!!! sure that's not Hill AFB!!.. i'm going to have girls wearing girts banned because i think they are offensive... what the hell is this word turning in to! next them mud flap silo wet stickers will have to go too... utah was trying to pass a low banning custom plates... gosh this state is retarded sometimes
Old 01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Truck nuts are banned @ Cannon, too. I was going to put some on my Chevy Aveo last year... then they banned them before I could do it.

Somebody needs to design some "Grille ****" to counter the truck nuts.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Thank you

Post of the week
Old 01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

I think they are JUVENILE.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

I agree...your image should be maintained all the time. Im not a hard ***, I party when I can and like to unwind but it seems a lot of younger troops could care less what others think...I just dont understand why there even in the Military.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Barksdale banned them a year ago. Nothing you can do about it since you are required to follow orders. Those same orders tell you to stay out of certain off base establishments. They also tell you what to wear to work, safety equipment, etc. I am sure the Commanders might have more important things to do, but they also have to attend to those minor things too.

Like I posted before, put a plastic taco on and see what happens.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree on the several views on the issue. I just thought it was a rather odd issue to be brought up for on base bans. Just seems crazy that's all. It doesn't have any affect on me so not to much of a impact on my life.

It's just funny now going to our back gate. There is a sign that says " No cell phone usage, No Bluetooth headsets, and now NO NUTS"

I'll try and get a picture of it to post up.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

YEP!

I can only guess at what the letter was
"Sir (or Ma'am),"

Blah blah blah blah, I am greatley offended by the large plastic ********* haging from the back's of trucks on base"

I am not a fan of them by the way.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
I agree on the several views on the issue. I just thought it was a rather odd issue to be brought up for on base bans. Just seems crazy that's all. It doesn't have any affect on me so not to much of a impact on my life.

It's just funny now going to our back gate. There is a sign that says " No cell phone usage, No Bluetooth headsets, and now NO NUTS"

I'll try and get a picture of it to post up.
Well I'm damn sure not chopping off my nuts to go to work. LOL. Seriously those things are retarded and I think a military member should have a little more respect for others than to hang them off thier vehicle. I've been in 20 years now and while I think the army has changed for the worse I will say we have come a long way in how we conduct ourselves off post. We were heathens when I was a young private in Germany 20 years ago and as long as we did our job at work no one cared. The standards at work are lower now but young soldiers now are held to a far higher standard off duty then I ever was.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

Can't have them on Cannon either.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

They are gay, the base commander did people a favor by banning them.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Its cool...just hang them off of your Humvee/Tank/Bradley or whatever once you8 deploy......the Iraqi kids LOVE them...

Quick Reply: Truck NUTS banned from on base POV's!!!!