Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Headed to Tyndall!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been here since Sept 05. Need a house? I'll sell you mine when you get here. I've been trying like a mf'r to get some orders... I prefer to call this region the Redneck Riviera not L.A. It's not bad really. Many much shittier places you could be stationed.

FYI- Driving from southport to Tyndall everyday would be teh suck. Count on 45 min each way and longer if you drive during peak times.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Southport is 45 mins?! Ah....phug that. What about Resota Beach, how far is that? My new boss stays out there and she says it's a 20 min commute. The house I'm looking to buy is somewhere near her spot but I don't know the actual name of the area as it's listed as Panama City.

If you have a 3 car garage I'd consider. Redneck Riviera. LOL Well I'm close to 60 days to seeing it for myself.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

how is your car?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:04 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Car is good Chris. Weather permitting it'll be at the dyno shop next weekend in Stuttgart. If not then the weekend after that if all else fails. I still potentially could make the one in May w/ Mighty Mustangs but that one will be real close.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SRZ
Southport is 45 mins?! Ah....phug that. What about Resota Beach, how far is that? My new boss stays out there and she says it's a 20 min commute. The house I'm looking to buy is somewhere near her spot but I don't know the actual name of the area as it's listed as Panama City.

If you have a 3 car garage I'd consider. Redneck Riviera. LOL Well I'm close to 60 days to seeing it for myself.
Resota Beach, 20 min? Maybe at 4 a.m. @ 100mph... You'll have a little less traffic going up that way so I'd say 30min for sure, but then again what do I know I don't take that route ever. Buddy I work with lives close to there and takes him 30+ min.

No 3 car garage for me unfortunately. You're going to miss GE A LOT! Was at Ramstein before here, would give my left nut to go back.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADMFR
Resota Beach, 20 min? Maybe at 4 a.m. @ 100mph... You'll have a little less traffic going up that way so I'd say 30min for sure, but then again what do I know I don't take that route ever. Buddy I work with lives close to there and takes him 30+ min.

No 3 car garage for me unfortunately. You're going to miss GE A LOT! Was at Ramstein before here, would give my left nut to go back.
Well I guess I'm just sol. I already miss Germany. I've got roughly 17 years off and on w/ this last sting being 8 yrs. I'm just gonna hate that I can't do sustained runs on the autobahn of a 160+mph on sundays...when traffic is almost non existent.

I'll keep looking for a house close w/ the requirements I need.