Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Joining the Army MP

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like everybody else said wait until you get to your first duty station. you might not be able to even take it to school for your MOS training. and change the MOS if you could. nobody likes MPs.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

seems like no one wants to be a MP hahahaha that boring?
Old 02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darkcrave
seems like no one wants to be a MP hahahaha that boring?
ive been an MP for 4 yrs not too shabby, Loved by few Hated by many

Advice i can give listen to your DS's. And BTW youre gonna hate the **** out of Ft. Lost in the Woods, MO. I cant stand that place with a passsion.

Got any other questions man hit me up. Good luck in training youll love Stem Village
Def a good idea to wait and by the car after you get to where your gonna be stationed. Look around tho dont buy the first one you see
Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Thank god a MP in here. haha

Oh yeah how was Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri? lol whats the weather like down there? hahaha

Yeah when i get back im going to try and find and 02, or 01 ttop m6 with a blow engine or really high miles and use my Connection from GM parts to get me a nice LS7 at "cost" to drop in. muhahahaha
Old 02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the weather here in Ky BLOWS. Tornadoes, freezing rain and snow, they usually see the same lol. You have plenty of time to look for a fbody, hell by time all said and done and time to buy you can get one dirt cheep and running, nothing wrong with one running.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank god a MP in here. haha

Oh yeah how was Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri? lol whats the weather like down there? hahaha

Yeah when i get back im going to try and find and 02, or 01 ttop m6 with a blow engine or really high miles and use my Connection from GM parts to get me a nice LS7 at "cost" to drop in. muhahahaha
You really wont get a chance to see the rest of the installation during training unless you get a pass and that wont come til AIT begins. Enjoy the 43rd (reception) cause once you leave basic begins. The barracks were brand new when i came in but now theyre bout 4yrs old and problalby worn out and crappy. You're gonna luv the tire pit and the "Happy Place". many hours spent their.

AS of right now my friend tells me weather blows out there with the winter time,but when i went thru OSUT in 04 i was there Apr-Sept. it was cooler in the mornings but warm in the afternoon rained mostly until summer began. summertime it was hot and humid. sweatin my *** off out there.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

oh perfect i leaving this summer.... oh well i guess the weather will get me use to what iraqs going to be like. hahaha
Old 02-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Unhappy

oh perfect i leaving this summer.... oh well i guess the weather will get me use to what iraqs going to be like. hahaha
A friend of mine Joined as an MP. He went through 6 months of training last year graduated in May I think and now on Sunday he left for a Baghdad for 400 days
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am from about 3.5 hours from there near Tulsa, OK. Suummer time is going to be crazy hot and humid.
Lows from 75-85 and humid as hell during june/early July. Highs can be anywhere from 90-100+. Yeah it will get you ready for Iraq. All I can say is hooyah Navy!!! Glad they sent me to Hawaii lol.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Yeah im shooting for Hawaii. but im sure thats after a year or so in iraq... lol
Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Hey man, Just remember why you are doing this when you are in basic and AIT. Its not about tangibles like bonuses. Do what Job YOU are proud of and thats all that matters. I give you all the credit and respect in the world for enlisting , and know how tough it is to do that right now. I myself have been a 31B (95B when I came in. Ft Mclellan..) for the last 12 years and wouldnt have it any other way.

Its all a game to train you and make you think and act fast. The F-Body of your dreams will be there when you finish training. You wont need it until you get settled.

Good luck, be safe , and thanks to all of the other Service members on this board.

Its people like you all that make me proud to be an American.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thirdgen327
Hey man, Just remember why you are doing this when you are in basic and AIT. Its not about tangibles like bonuses. Do what Job YOU are proud of and thats all that matters. I give you all the credit and respect in the world for enlisting , and know how tough it is to do that right now. I myself have been a 31B (95B when I came in. Ft Mclellan..) for the last 12 years and wouldnt have it any other way.

Its all a game to train you and make you think and act fast. The F-Body of your dreams will be there when you finish training. You wont need it until you get settled.

Good luck, be safe , and thanks to all of the other Service members on this board.

Its people like you all that make me proud to be an American.
Thanks man, its people like you that make proud to join the Armed Forces
Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Yup summers in Ft Leonard Wood are real fun, spent 2 summers and 1 winter there. Just listen to what your DS's and Instructors are telling you. The MP Corp right now is going through a lot of changes with the primary focus on combat/field operations vs garrision law enforcement. There are a lot of rumors milling around out there over the direction of where the MP Corp will be going. Just pray they dont send ya to Ft. Riley, this place is a fricken **** hole. Been getting alot of soldiers straight out of AIT here. Just try to learn as much as you can in BCT/AIT when you get to your first duty station they will fine tune you into how they want you to be. Assist, Protect, Defend.

Last edited by Humvee z28; 02-29-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

i honestly say buy it now cuz the with the scra you can get the 6% interest rate. and if you go with geico or someone like that then you can do what im doing while im on deployment and get storage insurance if its not going to be driven its like 116 for 6 months for me.

Quick Reply: Joining the Army MP