Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

WTF?! (soldier/puppy video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a former Marine and my cousin is currently in the Marines. He said that they had to dispose of dogs all the time. Dogs that get rabies or are trained to bite at the Marines would get delt with. He said a lot of times they would just smash the dogs head in, not shooting it to give away their position. What the soldier did in that video was cruel, but who's to say the mother dog didn't die? leaving the pups to starve out or get eaten by other dogs? You have to realize that he did what he did for a reason, maybe they could have done it different, yes....but I doubt it was done "just to see the dog fly". Don't bash me either, I love dogs and currently own two of them, but if it came down to me and my family or friends vs dogs.....dogs gotta go.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nssane
hopefully the same thing happens to the ******* who did that. what a worthless little ****.

*edit* i have the utmost respect for soldiers but that guy is a disgrace to the military.
++1 I agree 100% It is just messed up
Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
I'm a former Marine and my cousin is currently in the Marines. He said that they had to dispose of dogs all the time. Dogs that get rabies or are trained to bite at the Marines would get delt with. He said a lot of times they would just smash the dogs head in, not shooting it to give away their position. What the soldier did in that video was cruel, but who's to say the mother dog didn't die? leaving the pups to starve out or get eaten by other dogs? You have to realize that he did what he did for a reason, maybe they could have done it different, yes....but I doubt it was done "just to see the dog fly". Don't bash me either, I love dogs and currently own two of them, but if it came down to me and my family or friends vs dogs.....dogs gotta go.
I am not sure what the marching orders are over there but I guess I could see the danger of these anaimals and rabies. I am not a PETA advocate but the way it was done was jacked. Being over there 15 months I guess some are going to do things you wouldn't normally do. If putting dogs down is the order...the thinking why should I have to thrash his head against a rock when I can toss it over the cliff mentallity sets in. A mockery is made of the situation and it makes you shake your head.

Having to do it is one thing but filming it is another no matter how it is done. It does not matter if you are Scott Stapp or a Marine in Iraq if there is a camera around rethink what you are about to do.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

The things that happen when the camera goes on
Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

This may be BS - there seems to be a long delay when the dog is out of the camera's eye, and he may have switched the pooch for a fake. I guess I just can't believe that two guys would be this stupid and tape the whole thing - all while acting like it's no big deal. I want to believe it's a fake.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

i believe it
Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

What an idiot. That really pisses me off!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
I guarantee it was just to see the dog fly. Some Marines are retarded. They do things for no reason or thought. That puppy was not giving away their position anymore than he would be by making a scene out of throwing a puppy. And if the puppy's mother died, how is throwing a puppy like that doing a good service....give me a break. That kid is an idiot and he will be charged. It is under the UCMJ, cruelty to animals is a crime.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Nevr had orders to kill dogs unless they attack. This is against anything ethical i have ever seen. Especialy since its feet are zip tied together. This is rediculous. He will be court marshalled if he hasnt already. motari is the name. I will look that up.
From the Uniform Code of Military Justice

"934. ART. 134. GENERAL ARTICLE

"Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."

There are two basic chargeable offenses here under the UCMJ.

Surprisingly, cruelty to animals is not a specific offense within the military. Since the act (apparently) took place on foreign soil, the laws of that country and jurisidiction would pertain or not, as the case may be.

However, one chargeable aspect is "conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces."

This act, whether a hoax or not, still falls within the bounds of military justice and will certainly be dealt with.

The more important aspect is that this video will certainly be used by insurgents and others to further foment anti-Americanism. In plain language, it's no telling how many more American men and women will be targeted specifically because of this act.
took this from another forum
Old 03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blitzd247
Nevr had orders to kill dogs unless they attack. This is against anything ethical i have ever seen. Especialy since its feet are zip tied together. This is rediculous. He will be court marshalled if he hasnt already. motari is the name. I will look that up.
From the Uniform Code of Military Justice

"934. ART. 134. GENERAL ARTICLE

"Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."

There are two basic chargeable offenses here under the UCMJ.

Surprisingly, cruelty to animals is not a specific offense within the military. Since the act (apparently) took place on foreign soil, the laws of that country and jurisidiction would pertain or not, as the case may be.

However, one chargeable aspect is "conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces."

This act, whether a hoax or not, still falls within the bounds of military justice and will certainly be dealt with.

The more important aspect is that this video will certainly be used by insurgents and others to further foment anti-Americanism. In plain language, it's no telling how many more American men and women will be targeted specifically because of this act.
took this from another forum

Article 134. General article. Includes offenses that are not specifically listed in the Manual for Courts-Martial and which may "cause disorder and neglect to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, or conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces." Article 134 is often considered to be a "catch-all" for various offenses that aren't necessarily covered by the other articles in the UCMJ. Article 134 offenses include disloyal statements, unclean equipment, improper wear of military uniform, abuse of public animals, adultery, bigamy, bribery, fraternization, et al. It’s colloquially referred to as the “Write your own law” or “Don’t be stupid” article, and reflect acts that are not specifically listed, but nevertheless committed, by military personnel that negatively impact the service, unit, etc. For example: defecation in the passageways of a ship would be a violation of Article 134.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

The story is on cable news now, i just saw it on CNN.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Launching!

maybe this story of one of the teams my unit is in support of will help people realize not all Marines are like those.

http://aspcacommunity.ning.com/group...Topic%3A145389

they messed up the story a little bit...It's not a squadron, He is the OIC of the Border Transition Team out here on the Iraq/Jordan border. The dog was located at a border fort about 70 miles away and followed them back to our small FOB.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by REDHOtTransAM
maybe this story of one of the teams my unit is in support of will help people realize not all Marines are like those.

http://aspcacommunity.ning.com/group...Topic%3A145389

they messed up the story a little bit...It's not a squadron, He is the OIC of the Border Transition Team out here on the Iraq/Jordan border. The dog was located at a border fort about 70 miles away and followed them back to our small FOB.
Thats even more fucked up. Someone was probably feeding it and then that piece of **** found it and killed. It was probably someones friend in a place were we need one.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blitzd247
Thats even more fucked up. Someone was probably feeding it and then that piece of **** found it and killed. It was probably someones friend in a place were we need one.
What are you talking about? What you just said makes no sense whatsoever...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

They tell you to stay away from the animals. But of course an officer will get away with it. You go over there for a job not to bring back animals. We have enough strays in our damn country. One dead dog over there doesn't make a difference.

Quick Reply: WTF?! (soldier/puppy video)