Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Travis AFB, CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
**** not that bad.. Travis is easily the best base west of the mississippi..... Everything is within driving distance. Skiing, surfing, san fran, napa, sac, tahoe, reno... vegas ain't too far.... if you wanna drive to socal it's a day trip....

And as far as base infrastructure it's awesome.. some bases are falling apart with no funding while travis is sprawling with new everything. huge BX, huge commissary, great new base housing. I could stand for the youth center to be rebuilt as that hasn't been touched for years but oh well. You can't complain. I'm a loadmaster so we frequently go to Army bases and i'm like OH MY GOD is this how they keep the base????? The Air force has it going on when it comes to spending cash on the base itself. or I should say AIR MOBILITY COMMAND has it going on.... cause i've see some ACC bases that were wrecked as well (LANGLEY).... LOL

must be a local recruiter
Old 12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

must be a local recruiter
Funny but no i'm not... I've done 12 years of my career at travis so far.... I've been in for 16...... I did 8 here, went to osan for a year in spec ops then went to langley for two..... Then I came back in 03 and have been here ever since... best base and assignment by far..... not a local recruiter just telling it like it is. I go TDY to bases all over the place as a flyer and get to see other bases and Travis ***** on em....
Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree travis is a nice base if you're in the air force. unfortunately for us navy guys, our little corner of the world sucks butthole. i will never work in the navy's air community ever again. really nice base though.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
i agree travis is a nice base if you're in the air force. unfortunately for us navy guys, our little corner of the world sucks butthole. i will never work in the navy's air community ever again. really nice base though.
I suppose you're not a fan of Lemoore either?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

yeah navy and marines leave alot to be desired if you're comparing them to air force bases..... dunno if it's the money or what..... Seems like military funding should be the same service wide..... Air Force seems to spend alot of their money on infrastructure....
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I suppose you're not a fan of Lemoore either?
i haven't had the pleasure of going to lemoore yet, i have had the displeasure of smelling the air while driving by it. nice if you enjoy the scent of cow ****. why do you ask?
Old 01-01-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

i haven't had the pleasure of going to lemoore yet, i have had the displeasure of smelling the air while driving by it. nice if you enjoy the scent of cow ****. why do you ask?
Shitty-er than Travis. It's somewhere between the middle of nowhere and you said it, cow ****.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Shitty-er than Travis. It's somewhere between the middle of nowhere and you said it, cow ****.
LOL, sorry i forget that lemoore is next to absolutely nothing....and cow ****. at least we're right in between sac and san fran.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

707 WHAT! lol
Old 01-01-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt
707 WHAT! lol
fo real dawg!!! lol
Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL, sorry i forget that lemoore is next to absolutely nothing....and cow ****. at least we're right in between sac and san fran.
Its laughable how long I drove trying to find Lemoore saying to myself "Oh ****, I'm lost. Oh ****, I'm lost. Oh ****, I'm lost"
Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its laughable how long I drove trying to find Lemoore saying to myself "Oh ****, I'm lost. Oh ****, I'm lost. Oh ****, I'm lost"
I am also in the NAVY i am a recruiter out here in Fairfield. I live on Travis AFB and it is a nice base, but i have been in some really nice Navy bases like in Pensacola,FL and San Diego! I was stationed at Camp pendleton too it was alright.

I cant wait to go back to San Diego!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28SS
I am also in the NAVY i am a recruiter out here in Fairfield. I live on Travis AFB and it is a nice base, but i have been in some really nice Navy bases like in Pensacola,FL and San Diego! I was stationed at Camp pendleton too it was alright.

I cant wait to go back to San Diego!
I hear Pensacola is nice, that's where the academy sends its pilots....San Diego is awesome. I've never been to Travis though. I've seen Lemoore and its no fun.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 boys out on travis,I know you guys have seen them around,one is EOD and drives a brazen orange GTO with black stripes,and the other runs the armory and does the combat arms training he drives the pulse red gto...
I run the norcal goats and it would be cool to have some of the car guys from base over to my place for one of our GTG'S with our goat club.I usually have quite a few BARBQUE'S during the summer and we do alot of track days and just meet up and bs about cars and stuff.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tha joker
I have 2 boys out on travis,I know you guys have seen them around,one is EOD and drives a brazen orange GTO with black stripes,and the other runs the armory and does the combat arms training he drives the pulse red gto...
I run the norcal goats and it would be cool to have some of the car guys from base over to my place for one of our GTG'S with our goat club.I usually have quite a few BARBQUE'S during the summer and we do alot of track days and just meet up and bs about cars and stuff.
i have seen that orange goat. thing looks bad ***!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tha joker

sounds good we have about 10 cars so F-body's so far and we are slowly getting more. we are always willing to hang out just let us know and we will roll out!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds good we have about 10 cars so F-body's so far and we are slowly getting more. we are always willing to hang out just let us know and we will roll out!
sup man! any word on this weekend?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sup man! any word on this weekend?
Umm im thinking we might go to the Test and Tune at Sac Raceway on Saturday! or we might meet up that day or sunday! i will talk to the guys tomorrow.

I am leaving tomorrow for Reno for an awards banquet for the Navy! I will be back friday! when are you free this weekend?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Umm im thinking we might go to the Test and Tune at Sac Raceway on Saturday! or we might meet up that day or sunday! i will talk to the guys tomorrow.

I am leaving tomorrow for Reno for an awards banquet for the Navy! I will be back friday! when are you free this weekend?
well since this is my first weekend off in like two months i don't think the wife is gonna let me go play at the track, lol. if you guys stick around this area let me know, maybe i can buy a couple hours of freedom.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well since this is my first weekend off in like two months i don't think the wife is gonna let me go play at the track, lol. if you guys stick around this area let me know, maybe i can buy a couple hours of freedom.

its all good bro i was in that boat untill i got divorced! Yeah we might just stick around here. i am close to broke so that is may be what happens! any way we will get together! i will let you know in advance!

Quick Reply: Travis AFB, CA