Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Travis AFB, CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Travis AFB, CA

so i just got to Travis here is boring Fairfield, CA and it seems kind of boring. Is there anyone stationed here? I have seen like one f-body on base only. Lots of ricers though.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

yea fairfield is boring. go to sac, frisco, chico. theres plenty to do. yea when i was there i only saw one t/a, and plenty of ricers. i would love to go back there though. mainly cause of the hospital.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

yeh i work in the hospital...its ok
Old 08-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Launching!

yeah i'll be there for my first drill weekend coming up in a couple weeks... i drive a 2000 camaro ss i saw a couple f-body's when i was there to enlist.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firefighting1101
yeh i work in the hospital...its ok
whats your job? u a 4N? and "its ok"? come to shithole place that im at, it shouldnt even be called a hospital lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a very good friend who is there... or was there last I knew. His name is scott, and drives a badass white 04 cobra, watch out for that car, you will know what I mean when you hear/see it.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that you're in Fairfield but feel free to checkout Sacfbodyz.com or norcal-lsx.com . As far as I know from talking to someone that is stationed at Travis, there are 3 FBodies on base. I'm stationed at Beale AFB but +1 to 2002t/a06's comment, San Fran, Sac or Chico if you're trying to go out and have fun. Also, you aren't that far from UC Davis either...
Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Chico is overrated now that they are cracking down on crap. I left the school after 2 years because it just got old quickly. It is supposed to be more fun if you go there for weekends as opposed to living there though lol. 5th and Ivy weee...go get some franky's pizza for me.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cry0
Chico is overrated now that they are cracking down on crap. I left the school after 2 years because it just got old quickly. It is supposed to be more fun if you go there for weekends as opposed to living there though lol. 5th and Ivy weee...go get some franky's pizza for me.
yea i could imagine living there would get old. i just spent a couple weekends there and had a blast!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i miss the bay area!! im stuck here at lackland. but i cant afford moving back home to the bay..
Old 08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well im at sheppard and just got my assignment to Travis AFB I picked all stateside bases on the east coast and they stuck me at Travis. Im a 2A611C Propulsion systems on heavies not sure what plane ill be working on just yet, I wanted to work on fighters but o' well I guess thats the air force.

Im planning on buying my T/A in a few weeks I want to get it registered in my home state so I can bypass all the emissions BS.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:49 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

we overnighted at Travis a month ago on our way to Guam(still here) I was really hoping to see a few hotrods on base but all I heard was a lot of fart cans....seemed like every corner was pasted with rice to me!! Good luck with the heavies...... you'll have plenty of work there!! Oh, and you guys think it's bad there you outta try this place. Every ragged toyota, nissan and honda has a 5" can on it and I've only heard the rumble of a v8 twice since we've been here too. Thank GOD for f15's...... the only sound of power I've heard in a month. Headed back home next week!!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Teching In

anytime you want to trade, let me know, little rock for travis

theres a **** load of fbodies runnin around www.norcal-lsx.com
Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

sorry i havent been back in here in a few days... i was a 4n0 but i cross trained to 4n1 (surge tech), and holy crap i wish m car was done. i some some cocky guy here in fairfield with his 3rd gen rx7 talking all this bs...id love to run him for a few bucks...
Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 90TSiAWD
Well im at sheppard and just got my assignment to Travis AFB I picked all stateside bases on the east coast and they stuck me at Travis. Im a 2A611C Propulsion systems on heavies not sure what plane ill be working on just yet, I wanted to work on fighters but o' well I guess thats the air force.

Im planning on buying my T/A in a few weeks I want to get it registered in my home state so I can bypass all the emissions BS.
Have fun if you get the KC-10's. that number 2 engine is a pain in the *****!!! We've been dealing with them nonstop here. I'm at mcguire on the 10's. But you may get c-17's or c-5's, those are the only 3 heavies at travis.

I fly through there a few times a year and my g/f is stationed there for now so I get there quite a bit. I haven't seen a lot of 4th gens but there's a shitload of classics roaming the streets of california in great shape. As for **** to do there's a lot, just depends what you want. The slopes are 40min away i think and free for military. Tons of wineries out there, bars are every where. i can get a list of some good ones from my girl if you need it. but yeah san fran and sac have some stuff to do, alcatraz was a cool trip. Just watch out for those fires. Travis had a ton of abandoned housing on base burn down, they had the whole base on lockdown for a couple days from it. and during the forest fire season the sky is always dark from the smoke. It's windy as **** there too, cold at night, hot during the day. What else you wanna know? lol
Old 09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by firefighting1101
so i just got to Travis here is boring Fairfield, CA and it seems kind of boring. Is there anyone stationed here? I have seen like one f-body on base only. Lots of ricers though.

Hey,
I actually stay in the barracks on TAFB! I'm in the US Navy though. if you want to cruise hang out or whatever i have a bunch of friends with Camaro's, Trans AM's and corvette's. we go on cruises often, Dyno Days, Car show and to Sac Raceway. Just hit me up.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well update im at travis and work on 17's anyways......I just bought a 2000 NBM WS6 yesterday so firefighting1101 if you see that car its me, bone stock one owner.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:48 AM
9 Second Club

Man what are you guys talking about????? One of the fastest 4th gens on the West Coast is right outside the gate at Travis.... mine.....

heheheheh. I don't drive it on base though.... I had it at a car show on base and drove it home to vacaville but that was about it... There are a few F-bodies on base that are nice. There's a NBM SS that is slammed on chrome SS wheels, I've seen a White Pontiac WS6 that is real clean.... There's a few others.... There's a couple of Fast cobras on base too.... There's a yellow one I like and then you have John over at the 60th AMXS with a couple of cobras.. One is a 93 cobra with a blown 400+ SBF... He ran 10.30's just recently at sac....

There's ALOT of hot cars out here but the local cops have really cracked down on streetracing and the local scene is not nearly as hot as it was about 10-12 years ago. The mid 90s' you could travel 2 miles from the gate on ANY saturday night and you'd find 50-60 cars on the side of the road racing out near the Golf course or the back suisun gate (now closed)...
Old 12-12-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah im stationed here also i just got done swapping motors from Z28 to Z28 due to a wreck. Its not that Bad here!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
9 Second Club

**** not that bad.. Travis is easily the best base west of the mississippi..... Everything is within driving distance. Skiing, surfing, san fran, napa, sac, tahoe, reno... vegas ain't too far.... if you wanna drive to socal it's a day trip....

And as far as base infrastructure it's awesome.. some bases are falling apart with no funding while travis is sprawling with new everything. huge BX, huge commissary, great new base housing. I could stand for the youth center to be rebuilt as that hasn't been touched for years but oh well. You can't complain. I'm a loadmaster so we frequently go to Army bases and i'm like OH MY GOD is this how they keep the base????? The Air force has it going on when it comes to spending cash on the base itself. or I should say AIR MOBILITY COMMAND has it going on.... cause i've see some ACC bases that were wrecked as well (LANGLEY).... LOL

Quick Reply: Travis AFB, CA