Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Monday Blues

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea ppl like me who work in the hospital and do patient care and procedures shouldnt be wearing blues but whatever. just another retarded air force thing to add to the list.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

reminds me of when i first started on shift. i'm the only army in my section. i work with a bunch of AF and Navy, then civilians. we work 12 hour shifts, 3 days on, 3 off, then 24 days on day shift, then switch and work 24 days on night shift. well my supervisor tells me that on the last day of our shift that we're on days we all have to come in wearing our dress uniform (class B's in the army). So i go out, take my **** to the dry cleaners. go the next day to pick it up, well they lost my shirt. i had to dig out my extra shirt that i had never worn, then iron it myself. i didn't have an iron. so make a trip to wal mart, buy an iron, go home get my shirt all ready to go. show up to work the next morning all fresh in my class B's, get to my section, look around, and everyone else is wearing their BDU's /utilities/ civies..... then they all busted out laughing when they saw me. ohh man was i pissed. lol, i guess it was a pretty good "initiation"
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As long as we're at war I saw ***** that. That's part of the problem now in the AF, too busy trying to be things we're not and not staying focused on the task at hand.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

missile maintenance baby! not blues for us...... yet....
Old 09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i was a 4 star, i would have mandatory PT uniform as the duty uniform..
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple
Isn't this exactly how it was prior to Sep 11? Except that the admin folks only got to wear BDUs once a week?

There will never be folks working out on the flightline or digging ditches in blues. I don't see the big deal.
Your right. Before then, office workers wore blues four days a week. Not a big deal.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its not that the idea of wearing blues as a duty uniform in itself is stupid, its that they did this as some sort of way to enhance discipline and standards when the public issues related to the AF lately have nothing to do with stuff like this and wearing blues isnt going to help any. Its a psuedo bandaid fix, they should be focusing their attention on other matters right now, not what uniform you guys wear on mondays.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Is it really that hard a deal to put on blues, sure it sucks, but hell we have all done things that we think are stupid, I hate the idea, but the thought process is sound, get people paying attendion to detail at every level, as wearing blues does mildly require, and work up, dropping the hammer on everyone all at once will only lead to more errors in my opinion.

Most of the folks in the air force have no part in what happened with the nuclear security and transportation issues, but I can guarantee, that while it was the most highlighted incident, is not the only attention to detail sort of error that occurs throughout the air force.

and the cant fight in blues... wtf that is just a cop out, come on, most folks running around in there starched and pressed BDU's would be just as useful...

It wont affect everyone, great deal for the maintenance cats, a those like them, but as a flyer, what one day out of the week, hell most PME schools do 4 days of blues 1 day of utility, it really aint worth the complaining
Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Nothing like being uncomfortable on a monday to start the work week... pretty ******* stupid if you ask me.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

12 hours sitting in blues sucked *** this past monday. Nothing like already dreeding when monday comes around cause you have to go back to work now its damn back to work then non the less in blues. At least monday night football is back so can throw back a few drinks
Old 09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a GOOD thing about being maintenance. They'll just make us come INTO work in blues and then change into util. uniform and work, then change when we leave for the day or something stupid. For now, utility uniform dumdumdum.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
12 hours sitting in blues sucked *** this past monday. Nothing like already dreeding when monday comes around cause you have to go back to work now its damn back to work then non the less in blues. At least monday night football is back so can throw back a few drinks
come on jeff you drive a desk lol. j/k but at least you dont have to deal with nasty vajayjay juice and worry about gettin it on your blues lol. not to mention blood and other bodily fluids.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Us Firefighters are having a big **** fit over this

They are making the non-operations guys(I'm in the dispatch center) wear blues like everyone else on Monday. The problem is they aren't NFPA 1975 complaint. According to our fire chief(YS-02) we can be tasked to wear our turnout gear at anytime, hence why we can't get the new ABU's(not complaint either).

This **** is like a double negative

(Here is what 1975 states--NFPA 1975s main purpose is that no part of the uniform garment “ignite, melt, drip, or separate” when exposed to a heat of 500° F for 5 minutes)

Last edited by Z28/2002; 09-10-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

I love this new rule any noner should be wearing there blues all week long IMO.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was in maintenance for 5 years before i crosstrained to ATC, and all i've gotta say that even though i've gotta wear blues now 1 day of the week, the benefits far outweight it. I'd choose ATC any day of the week.

Pretty funny though, we actually had one guy call in fat. The POS couldn't fit in his blues.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adam1803
Pretty funny though, we actually had one guy call in fat. The POS couldn't fit in his blues.
ROTFLMAO...
Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zeke34
ROTFLMAO...
He's the biggest piece of crap i've ever seen. Heres a couple more of his hi-jinks

1. He wanted to quit smoking, so he was put on this medication to help him quit, but one of the medication's side effects was high blood pressure. Since he already had high blood pressure from being so fat, he had to be taken off of flying status (controllers are all on flying status). So basically he sat around for 3 months and got fatter while he was DNIC. Then as soon as he got off the meds he started smoking again. The kicker is he never got in a bit of trouble for it.

2. At his last base his wife, who is way out of his league, cheated on him while he was deployed. So when his bucket came up this time he went crying to the Shirt and told him "I can't deploy because i know my wife will cheat on me if i do, and so i won't be able to concentrate on my job". That forced a dude that had just had a kid 2 weeks earlier to go in his spot.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

2. At his last base his wife, who is way out of his league, cheated on him while he was deployed. So when his bucket came up this time he went crying to the Shirt and told him "I can't deploy because i know my wife will cheat on me if i do, and so i won't be able to concentrate on my job". That forced a dude that had just had a kid 2 weeks earlier to go in his spot.
haha, the AF really is a bunch of pussies, JK, lol. Seriously though how the hell is the shirt gonna go for that kind of BS?? Id have told him to either get a divorce or deal with it, either way pack the bags. The guy that has a newborn takes priority over the guy that cant keep his woman comitted.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

still the point of wearing blues is retarded. if anything im sure it killed morale more than anything. if another 9/11 happend, and everybody is in blues, how are we supposed to be tactical in some tight butt huggers? how am i supposed to challenge and detain somebody or chase somebody in cloroframs?

i mean if something happens what are you gonna do, send everybody home to go change and come back in BDU/ABU? thats stupid and has nothing to do with paying attention to detail or installing discipline.

hey lets just start deploying in FULL SERVICE DRESS..eyes:

Quick Reply: Monday Blues