Old 09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need this **** in the Army ASAP.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jperran
Maybe I'm sexist, but I want to puke every time I see a female in a beret, be it a af cop or a GI Jane.
My wife was in the army and she would square soldiers away all the time for a shitty appearance. I hate the ACU's because its too easy for a POS soldier to look like someone that cares about their appearance; back in the day you could tell a shitty soldier if their boots were shined with a snickers and the flag would be creased up and the beret would be fuzzy. OR, vice versa, there would be the one soldier that always came back from the FTX clean as hell, still have creases from the cleaners and smelling spring fresh. I hate it when people say "so how hard is it to be a green beret" and I just think to myself "yeah well its pretty ******* hard to be a hat".
Old 09-14-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Actually its any person that is on active Airborne status that can wear the maroon beret.
Thats kinda what I meant, you cant wear it and not be airborne quald.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1gen
My wife was in the army and she would square soldiers away all the time for a shitty appearance. I hate the ACU's because its too easy for a POS soldier to look like someone that cares about their appearance; back in the day you could tell a shitty soldier if their boots were shined with a snickers and the flag would be creased up and the beret would be fuzzy. OR, vice versa, there would be the one soldier that always came back from the FTX clean as hell, still have creases from the cleaners and smelling spring fresh. I hate it when people say "so how hard is it to be a green beret" and I just think to myself "yeah well its pretty ******* hard to be a hat".
Or you can just tell a shitty soldier by their work performance. Ive had guys that didnt have the shiniest boots and creased uniforms be the best workers ive ever seen. Pretty uniforms does not equate with perfromance. The best thing they did was get rid of boot shining and pressing uniforms which by the way the BDU was supposed to be wash and wear when it came out.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brad8266
Or you can just tell a shitty soldier by their work performance. Ive had guys that didnt have the shiniest boots and creased uniforms be the best workers ive ever seen. Pretty uniforms does not equate with perfromance. The best thing they did was get rid of boot shining and pressing uniforms which by the way the BDU was supposed to be wash and wear when it came out.

couldnt agree with ya any more bro!! people with the pressed uniforms with polished boots try to get away with the whole my uniform is good to go so im gonna slack off cuz they think im squared away so i dont know my job. then u have the guy whos uniform isnt so pressed but knows his $hit.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never looked at it as a way to make sure people were keeping their uniforms up. I know E5's who still have E3 on their uniform and would be FUCKED if they had to come in in blues regularly. It costs like $6 to get new stripes sewn on a dress shirt and maybe $10 on a dress coat, seriously.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

you do bring up an interesting point, however, most times I did see a POS their uniform was jacked
Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1gen
you do bring up an interesting point, however, most times I did see a POS their uniform was jacked

It depends on what you consider "jacked up". Ive seen guys with hair, boots, and uniforms well within regs but because somebody didnt think it was shiny enough, creased enough, or short enough they were treated like ****. Thats the kind of **** that drives good soldiers out of the military. I can pick the shitty guys out still by simply observing them on ther job for a few minutes, I dont need boots and uniforms to tell me that.

Now if a guy comes to work with dirty boots and a wrinkled uniform that is another story and is unacceptable. You come in with a clean wrinkle free uniform, clean boots, and most importantly wearing the uniform properly and you would be fine with me. If you want to spit shine boots and starch uniforms thats fine but not required at all. Personally i did keep my boots shiny and uniforms starched but I wouldnt require it for my guys nor would it make me think different of them.

Last edited by brad8266; 09-14-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Now if a guy comes to work with dirty boots and a wrinkled uniform that is another story and is unacceptable. You come in with a clean wrinkle free uniform, clean boots, and most importantly wearing the uniform properly and you would be fine with me. If you want to spit shine boots and starch uniforms thats fine but not required at all. Personally i did keep my boots shiny and uniforms starched but I wouldnt require it for my guys nor would it make me think different of them.
this is exactly what I was talking aboout
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Teching In

this sucks for desk jockeys that ride, but then again a desk jockey would be used to the suckage.

Quick Reply: Monday Blues