Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Monday Blues

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is ridiculous, we have instructors in blues hahaha, CATM in blues... right......
Old 09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SRZ
not staying focused on the task at hand.
like i said in the EPR/PT thread

this is the only time i can say i happy to be a maintainer ahaha

i really don't see this lasting long, we do exercises quite a bit
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

i still cant get over this crap and I refuse to!! i doubt the air force will pay to buy me new blues if they get blood or other bodily fluids on them and they are ruined. and dont even say "well your ABU top could get ruined too", no it cant because i take it off for procedures. I cant take my blues top off. end of rant!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by brad8266
At least the Army figured out the uniform thing well with exception of the dumb beret.
I heard the 3rd ID are doing away with the beret and just wearing the softcap
Old 09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant wait for the day the air force decides to wear a beret!! LOL!!

since we want to be like the army, and take over for some army bases and change the uniform cuz the army..
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
i cant wait for the day the air force decides to wear a beret!! LOL!!

since we want to be like the army, and take over for some army bases and change the uniform cuz the army..

we should be wearing ACU's anyway. berets should be earned not handed out like candy.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
we should be wearing ACU's anyway. berets should be earned not handed out like candy.
Give me the Marine Cammies any day of the week. And I agree about the berets. Same thing with the Army, most Rangers and Airborne will tell you that.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Banned

For about 70 years the Rangers wore the black beret, it's also why TACP chose black ~45 years ago. When general "nobodyisspecial" decided that everyone in the army would wear a black beret, the Rangers submitted to change their color almost immediately. They now wear a tan beret. TACP's tried to switch to a tan or a brown too but it never got very far.

If I'm not mistaken, the PJ's beret is maroon to represent blood in a saving sort of way, and CCT's is scarlet for their blood lost in combat (CCT started out as army pathfinders, basically, in WWII).

The 82nd airbornes red beret is for blood lost in combat.

Berets were always and should always be a sign of being "special" They should be earned, and only worn by people who worked their asses off for them. Only some one who earned their beret really appreciates it, you won't ever find a Green Beret or PJ looking like hes about to make a pizza.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1gen
I heard the 3rd ID are doing away with the beret and just wearing the softcap

They may have done away with it completely, I know last time I worked down there earlier this year lots of them were wearing soft caps but some peope still had the beret on.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jperran

The 82nd doesnt have their own beret, the maroon beret is worn by any Airborne unit which there are a lot of.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

For about 70 years the Rangers wore the black beret, it's also why TACP chose black ~45 years ago. When general "nobodyisspecial" decided that everyone in the army would wear a black beret, the Rangers submitted to change their color almost immediately. They now wear a tan beret. TACP's tried to switch to a tan or a brown too but it never got very far.

If I'm not mistaken, the PJ's beret is maroon to represent blood in a saving sort of way, and CCT's is scarlet for their blood lost in combat (CCT started out as army pathfinders, basically, in WWII).

Berets were always and should always be a sign of being "special" They should be earned, and only worn by people who worked their asses off for them. Only some one who earned their beret really appreciates it, you won't ever find a Green Beret or PJ looking like hes about to make a pizza.
You mean like the lovely SP's on base Don't forget to mention that most who have earned those berets normally don't let anyone even touch it. The symbolism of it is far greater than any decoration one could receive.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Teching In

i just love seeing the fat chicks on the gate wearing thier hard earned navy blue berets..
Old 09-12-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Give me the Marine Cammies any day of the week. And I agree about the berets. Same thing with the Army, most Rangers and Airborne will tell you that.
+1 one marine cammies
Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

i just love seeing the fat chicks on the gate wearing thier hard earned navy blue berets..
Maybe I'm sexist, but I want to puke every time I see a female in a beret, be it a af cop or a GI Jane.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Teching In

i think we are seeing eye to eye.

and the marine camo is nice, but that would still defeat the purpose of helping our battle field airmen blend in with the units they are attached to(without having to get special uniforms to do so)
Old 09-13-2008, 03:41 AM
TECH Regular

Maybe I'm sexist, but I want to puke every time I see a female in a beret, be it a af cop or a GI Jane.
I just wanna know who teaches them how to put the fold in the beret....b/c i have YET to see one done the correct way at any of the 20 bases I've been to.

i think we are seeing eye to eye.

and the marine camo is nice, but that would still defeat the purpose of helping our battle field airmen blend in with the units they are attached to(without having to get special uniforms to do so)
I think all of us are pretty much seeing eye-2-eye with it

I just like the zipper front of those things and I believe the whole reason EOD got away with wearing them is they said they were being singled out in attacks by insurgents. 4-stars didn't buy off on it so they instead gave them the reasoning that the ABU wasn't fire retardant or something.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

No blues for this guy!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Teching In

haha, the AF really is a bunch of pussies, JK, lol. Seriously though how the hell is the shirt gonna go for that kind of BS?? Id have told him to either get a divorce or deal with it, either way pack the bags. The guy that has a newborn takes priority over the guy that cant keep his woman comitted.
Originally Posted by adam1803
He's the biggest piece of crap i've ever seen. Heres a couple more of his hi-jinks

1. He wanted to quit smoking, so he was put on this medication to help him quit, but one of the medication's side effects was high blood pressure. Since he already had high blood pressure from being so fat, he had to be taken off of flying status (controllers are all on flying status). So basically he sat around for 3 months and got fatter while he was DNIC. Then as soon as he got off the meds he started smoking again. The kicker is he never got in a bit of trouble for it.

2. At his last base his wife, who is way out of his league, cheated on him while he was deployed. So when his bucket came up this time he went crying to the Shirt and told him "I can't deploy because i know my wife will cheat on me if i do, and so i won't be able to concentrate on my job". That forced a dude that had just had a kid 2 weeks earlier to go in his spot.

Give me an A... give me an U... E.... RETARD! That dude sucks something fierce... His wife has to have her greencard by now!

You are definitely right about ATC being a million times better than sweating your ***** off on the flightline for 12 hours! F-that! I would rather wear blues 5 days a week than go back to mxs. It was funny listening to people bitching about wearing blues, they really have no clue.

You gotta check out my car sometime now. Got a ported FAST combo put on and bigger injectors. Chris tuned it on thursday and put down 469/432. Not bad for a "baby" cam.

Dyno-
Old 09-13-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have a problem with wearing blues now and then per se, I personally instituted a "blues day" in my shop every other month or so because the airmen weren't keeping their uniforms up (missing nametags, wrong rank, etc.) So now by doing that they are all squared away for the most part after nailing a few of them with paperwork.
BUT the thing that sucks about blues on Monday is that for us that live 15+ miles away from base, Mondays are PT days, and I usually shower and change at the squadron. So, on Mondays, I gotta wear my PT's to work and pack my ABU's and blues. (I work in maintenance, but mostly supervise) Get out of the shower at the Sq. and put my blues on while still sweating. (it's hot as hell in the locker room) Get to my shop and possibly have to change again into ABU's depending on what is going on. It's just a general pain in the ***.
And as for all the joes and jarheads commenting about the AF guys bitching all the time; it's 'cause leadership is always interfering with us getting our job done. I've been in a few joint units, and the 1SG always treated me with respect as an NCO, and let me get my **** done. The AF leadership has become so into micromanaging everyone and not holding people accountable for their decisions/actions. I have all of my and my troops **** together; how about letting me do my goddamned job and quit wasting my time with esoteric **** like this? /rant.

Last edited by Snootch; 09-13-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 82nd doesnt have their own beret, the maroon beret is worn by any Airborne unit which there are a lot of.
Actually its any person that is on active Airborne status that can wear the maroon beret. If it was any Airborne unit Im pretty sure I would be wearing one.

Our unit does payday activities where every payday we would come in our Class A's for an inspection and hang around until 11 and then bolt for the day. If you didnt pass the inspection you didnt get to leave. It was a good thing as it made you pay attention to what you were doing and make sure everything was good.

Maybe the AF is trying the same thing?

Quick Reply: Monday Blues