Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not 6 weeks anymore... is it??
Old 09-27-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

from what I heard its going to be 8 1/2 weeks starting in NOV so hurry up and get there before that happens
Old 09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Everyone always says its going to get longer but it never does.. Either way.. You will be luaghing on the inside after about a week when you listen to the TI's yell at someone because of the rediculousness of the one way conversation. I know i was..

OH and i was a chow runner.. the whole time!.. Its not hard.. And you usually get longer to eat then everyone else.. get your reporting statement straight.. which i did from day one.. dont move a muscle when being spoken to. ANd learn how to march with a quickness.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Malicious
KP duty was the best... I ate so much the 2 times I did it. Got lucky too, was an element leader so I got to clean stuff out front, never had to do pots and pans because that job looked like it sucked.
Thats what I did pots n pans... wasn't that bad!!!

I didn't mind BMT that much I had a good time. Had a lot of good memories and met a lot of people.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Teching In

cup your hands!!

Your going to think it sucks as soon as you get there and everyday after that for 6 and a half weeks until your family shows up. But just realize that basic is not the real Air Force and it will go by quick. Do what your told when your told!

Keep your head up, its not that bad. Oh and don't try to kill yourself!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM

I did One Station Unit Training with the Army as an Engineer. OSUT in any combat arms MOS is akin to extra long basic. 16 weeks for me.

It kinda sucks while you're there, but there is no better feeling in the world than when that DS (or TI in your case) shakes your hand at the end of it. On graduation day, my DS told my dad that I was a great soldier and was going to do good things for my country. I will never forget the proud look on my dad's face, and I have never seen him that happy.

Keep your eye on the prize, stay motivated, and for god sakes don't do anything to stand out for the first few weeks.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Teching In

I just got out of basic about 2 months ago and now im at sheppard afb. You will hate basic but you learn alot of good leasons and you'll grow close to the people in your flight (lots of funny stories). 326 Bulldog

Tech school is great once you get here but after a couple week it get really really old with everyone wasting your time and getting in trouble for everyone acting like there in college. Im here till the middle of november but have one of the longer schools. Any questions just ask.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

bmt is a game. they laugh at you once they are out of sight. i used to chill with my TI when i was in tech school. they will exploit anything wrong with you. just know how to run and how to do proper pushups and. know you will be tired an hungry for 6.5weeks. or 8 if they changed it. also DONT RAT ON FELLOW TROOPS. its teamwork. you all vs the TI. and know then once youre done it will be the best, most exciting time you never want to do ever again.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was one of the latrine queens and did KP duty twice.

Its fine to volunteer, as long as you can handle it. Few things you don't want to fock up: your reporting statement, knowing your customs and courtesies, ranks and security detail ie: dorm guard.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

**** BMT sucked but I'd go back....seems to go slow...but when its over...time flew by....look back at it...i went in may 07....Send me back....need to get back down to 170lbs and thats a easy way to do it....**** all you do it march around all day, get yelled at, do pushups, situps and whatnot, clip strings and make money...326 bulldogs here...im at Seymour Johnson AFB in goldsboro NC now as a Air Traffic Controller (Tower)
Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Teching In

^^^ So let me get this strait, Kurtomac. Your probably still an A1C and you have a Z06??? You must have got a bonus.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

no bonus for me ....and yes you have it straight i have a z06....worked hard for years....owned multiple fbodies 1 HCI fbody....im 25...and no mom and dad didnt pay for any of them
Old 09-29-2008, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowmc
cup your hands!!

Your going to think it sucks as soon as you get there and everyday after that for 6 and a half weeks until your family shows up. But just realize that basic is not the real Air Force and it will go by quick. Do what your told when your told!

Keep your head up, its not that bad. Oh and don't try to kill yourself!
WTF was the cup your hands deal? I remember but don't?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude it's the Air Force and it's only 6 week's long what's hard about thatJ/K On a serious note just stay motivated and don't forget why you joined. I don't know how the Air force Basic is (Marine Here) so can't say what will happen there. But I can say just keep your mouth shut unless spoken too,Move fast and don't try to be a **** up.Not saying you will be but if you like to mess around and **** and not pay attention you will hate life, So just bust your *** and stay motivated
Old 09-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Banned

All the BMT's are actually pretty similar IMO. The Marines and Army have way more combat training in theres, but as far as all the stupid details, the yelling, the eating in 2 minutes, all the do's and don'ts, the memories, it's all pretty much the same.

It's just that when the Marines are doing obstacle courses and fun **** like that, you're in class...again. On the flip side though, you're done and graduated and they haven't even started grass week, lol.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ryanvv355
WTF was the cup your hands deal? I remember but don't?
When your marching/at attention your hands are cupped.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
no bonus for me ....and yes you have it straight i have a z06....worked hard for years....owned multiple fbodies 1 HCI fbody....im 25...and no mom and dad didnt pay for any of them
Wasnt trying to be a dick or anything, just jealous. But congrats dude.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jperran
All the BMT's are actually pretty similar IMO. The Marines and Army have way more combat training in theres, but as far as all the stupid details, the yelling, the eating in 2 minutes, all the do's and don'ts, the memories, it's all pretty much the same.

It's just that when the Marines are doing obstacle courses and fun **** like that, you're in class...again. On the flip side though, you're done and graduated and they haven't even started grass week, lol.
Yeah that is true but we actually PT
Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
IE stand in a circle and play with eachother.....USAF
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
our flight was so hardcore we actually begged out huge *** TI to lead us in Jodies for 3 mile fun runs. Not a single person in my entire flight failed the PT test, hell I ran the 1.5 mile in under 10:00 because of how much we were running.

Quick Reply: leaving for basic in 2 1/2 weeks