Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Jermzz (lsx454) vs GT35r DSM

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twokss
700hp and only 10.40S?? doesnt add up? still working on drive line maybe? 700hp should be low 9s on a dsm. im not trying to be a dick at all either. just curious.
Well that was on his GT35r. He's on a GT40 now. I dunno what he was making with that turbo when he made that run.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jermzz
Well that was on his GT35r. He's on a GT40 now. I dunno what he was making with that turbo when he made that run.
oh ok cool. he should have stuck with the 35r. 40rs have horrible spool characteristics. check this out. this car made a little over 700 with a 35r. he helped build my dsm a while ago. still holds the record for fastest 35r powered talon i believe. anyway you guys have some nasty street cars!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdgRxhOq4w
Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never seen a 35r make 700whp, guy was prob making closer to 500whp
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sciff5
Believe he made more then 500whp on race gas on the 35r.

My 427 made 540rw and he put lengths on me back then. I'd guess high 500's. He's gonna make a **** load more now though. I think it's stroked or bored whatever they do to those 2.0 or a 2.2 or something like that.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sciff5
if you watch the above video that i posted than you can say youve seen it. he was actually making like 730ish...(red car)
Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by twokss
oh ok cool. he should have stuck with the 35r. 40rs have horrible spool characteristics. check this out. this car made a little over 700 with a 35r. he helped build my dsm a while ago. still holds the record for fastest 35r powered talon i believe. anyway you guys have some nasty street cars!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdgRxhOq4w
The DogBox racing car was awesome when it was running. Its been parted out now, I would like to know why though?

I was on a plain old off the shelf 35R/.63 turbine on a 2.0 and I would trap in the 133-136 range and run ETs around the 10.43-10.8 range depending on the track. The car was not bad on the 35R.

I have since gone to the 4094R and a 1.06 housing. I feel the 1.06 is way too much for my 2.0 without nitrous. I am hunting for a .85 turbine housing, or I may just throw the 35R back on.

I can't say for sure how much HP my DSM made or even makes. The car is a pure street car, and hasn't touched the rollers for about 3 years or so. I tune itl on the street, and at the track. On the 35R I was running 1600cc injectors dual walbro 255s, the Link, direct port meth, on 100 octane running those mid 10 second times. I am making the switch over to E85 for the 40R. Only issue I have with E85 is I will need more fuel. The 1600s and 255s are maxed out. I have another fuel system to run ONTOP of the current one. -8 line, bosch -044, another fuel rail, filter etc. I will be starting out with small injectors for the second fuel rail. 680s for now, or I might switch the 1600s to run off the bosch pump, and the 680s to run off the 255s.

I will also be picking up a different set of DRs. I installed the twin disc sunday, tore apart the transmission to install a new 2nd gear synchro and now I have to pull off the intake manifold for the new fuel setup. I know you guys could see in the vids, the 1-2 shift was terrible. I had to wait for the transmission to "ackrite" to throw it into 2nd.

Anywho, that night was a fluke. It was thanksgiving night, I had no work the next day. I figure johnny law had the day off as well, and I would drive the DSM around the bay for the night. Drove down to the coffee shop in santa clara. BS'ed for an hour or so, then drove up to hayward to top off with some E85. Finally headed out to the oaktown to see what was crackin. I see some camaro roll up, didn't think it was Jermz since this camaro was black. I thought Jermz camaro was blue, so Im like hmmmm......low boost....meh why not. Then the HSS guys are like "oh **** its Jermz", Im like where? where???

Then the videos showed what happened. It was fun no doubt. I cruised around the bay without an issue (breakdown) and I enjoyed driving the car again. Couldn't ask for more.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

well mr. 4g63 if you get your car set up and dialed in its gonna be a beast. and Jerm is definetley gonna have his hands full.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 4G63 Junkie
The DogBox racing car was awesome when it was running. Its been parted out now, I would like to know why though?

I was on a plain old off the shelf 35R/.63 turbine on a 2.0 and I would trap in the 133-136 range and run ETs around the 10.43-10.8 range depending on the track. The car was not bad on the 35R.

I have since gone to the 4094R and a 1.06 housing. I feel the 1.06 is way too much for my 2.0 without nitrous. I am hunting for a .85 turbine housing, or I may just throw the 35R back on.

I can't say for sure how much HP my DSM made or even makes. The car is a pure street car, and hasn't touched the rollers for about 3 years or so. I tune itl on the street, and at the track. On the 35R I was running 1600cc injectors dual walbro 255s, the Link, direct port meth, on 100 octane running those mid 10 second times. I am making the switch over to E85 for the 40R. Only issue I have with E85 is I will need more fuel. The 1600s and 255s are maxed out. I have another fuel system to run ONTOP of the current one. -8 line, bosch -044, another fuel rail, filter etc. I will be starting out with small injectors for the second fuel rail. 680s for now, or I might switch the 1600s to run off the bosch pump, and the 680s to run off the 255s.

I will also be picking up a different set of DRs. I installed the twin disc sunday, tore apart the transmission to install a new 2nd gear synchro and now I have to pull off the intake manifold for the new fuel setup. I know you guys could see in the vids, the 1-2 shift was terrible. I had to wait for the transmission to "ackrite" to throw it into 2nd.

Anywho, that night was a fluke. It was thanksgiving night, I had no work the next day. I figure johnny law had the day off as well, and I would drive the DSM around the bay for the night. Drove down to the coffee shop in santa clara. BS'ed for an hour or so, then drove up to hayward to top off with some E85. Finally headed out to the oaktown to see what was crackin. I see some camaro roll up, didn't think it was Jermz since this camaro was black. I thought Jermz camaro was blue, so Im like hmmmm......low boost....meh why not. Then the HSS guys are like "oh **** its Jermz", Im like where? where???

Then the videos showed what happened. It was fun no doubt. I cruised around the bay without an issue (breakdown) and I enjoyed driving the car again. Couldn't ask for more.
sounds like good times. Yeah im friends with alex and brian from dogbox. I was there the day that brian sold the talon. the guy he sold it to was a pretty weird dude. he got alooott of money in cash that day. haha. since then the guy parted it out because he couldnt handle it. he almost crashed the car taking some girl for a ride because she didnt believe how fast it was. he made a spray pass on the street and almost went head on with a mini-van in the oncoming lane. haha.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

God i creamed myself when that LSX flew by. You definitely made up my mind to go with a LSX eventually over a forced induction ls1. Both very nice cars, and good race
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I figured id just tell him to sign up and tell you guys whats going on with his car, cause I dunno **** about DSM's haha.

Ted knows his ****.

Quick Reply: Jermzz (lsx454) vs GT35r DSM