Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Memphis Street Racing 02-22-09 - Mellon Tuning EVO vs Danocamaross Premier for #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't get why some people don't let this fact settle in...THEY CALLED HIM OUT!

He obliged and yanked their bumpers off, one by one.

The street is the equalizer, ANYTHING can happen there. It'd be a totally different story if he called all of those cars out on the street, then yes I'd say its a little unfair, but they made their own bed.

And for those saying its stupid to race high HP cars in the streets, you can tell that to the Eastern part of NC, down in Walstonburg where guys trailer out 8 second rides by the bunch to run from 10pm till 4pm in the morning. Those guys don't mess around. Im sure the same can be said for Detroit, Chicago, Texas etc.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Racer

There are plenty 8-9 second cars here in Memphis that race on the street for big dollars too.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackBeautyWS6
Mellon u ever been beat with the set-up you have now? That thing is insane!
not yet but my days are numbered I'm sure. I'm certainly not the fastest car around by far, just in our little group that gets together from time to time. Premier is building some crazy powerful cars and I'm certain they'll eventually find a way to make it hook well enough to hold me off. I could step up to a 42R turbo, gut it out and bring the power up from 700 to 1000+ but I do drive the car to work everyday and the thought of having zero power until 6000rpm sucks.

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
dude much respect, and we all know those car he is racing would likely take him on the track but i gotta admit that this is STREET racing, he is WINNING on the STREET...yes the other cars are faster on the track but not on the STREET
Originally Posted by Dunn
I can't get why some people don't let this fact settle in...THEY CALLED HIM OUT!

He obliged and yanked their bumpers off, one by one.

The street is the equalizer, ANYTHING can happen there. It'd be a totally different story if he called all of those cars out on the street, then yes I'd say its a little unfair, but they made their own bed.

And for those saying its stupid to race high HP cars in the streets, you can tell that to the Eastern part of NC, down in Walstonburg where guys trailer out 8 second rides by the bunch to run from 10pm till 4pm in the morning. Those guys don't mess around. Im sure the same can be said for Detroit, Chicago, Texas etc.
THANK YOU, I was getting tired of explaining it to Juiced over and over.

Originally Posted by UL LOSE
There are plenty 8-9 second cars here in Memphis that race on the street for big dollars too.
no doubt, if some of those guys were in our group they'd be top dogs, but they only want to run for money and I really don't care to hang out with drug dealing thugs anyway.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would keep your car the way it is imo...any further and you will start seriously compramising streetablility..and that is what makes your car so mean...for what it is it is VERY well balanced to put its power down on the street...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

nice vid mellon i also noticed the 4door VDUB is getting faster. good luck on the next race.
When are you racing UL LOSE again?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts

Awesome vids and even sweeter car. Ive got real big soft spot for EVO's cus of their potential. I wish we had a spot like you guys do. Keep up the good work
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice video mellon it seems like all the stupid people on here come and decide to post dumb statements when you post a video of your car kicking ***.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
i would keep your car the way it is imo...any further and you will start seriously compramising streetablility..and that is what makes your car so mean...for what it is it is VERY well balanced to put its power down on the street...
thanks and I agree...I've made no compromises to the handling of the car either...it'll do much more than a straight line.

Originally Posted by El Tiviris
nice vid mellon i also noticed the 4door VDUB is getting faster. good luck on the next race.
When are you racing UL LOSE again?
yep vdub was up on boost a little this time...only the STI could hold him off. Josh (UL LOSE) and I were scheduled to race but when I asked him about it at the meet he said he didn't have his bottle, so we'll have to do it another time. Josh is one of the few guys I worry about, he knows how to stick the launch...he doesn't have a crazy trap speed but it e.t.'s nicely and that's what wins the race.

Originally Posted by 180ls1
Nice video mellon it seems like all the stupid people on here come and decide to post dumb statements when you post a video of your car kicking ***.
It's comical to me...ignorant people give me something to do when it's slow at work so I don't mind.

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Awesome vids and even sweeter car. Ive got real big soft spot for EVO's cus of their potential. I wish we had a spot like you guys do. Keep up the good work
thanks, we're very fortunate to have a nice spot.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Yep but most of them prep the street also... a lot....... plenty of videos of them doing that. So whats the difference between a well prepd street vs the track when it comes to hooking????
Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Yep but most of them prep the street also... a lot....... plenty of videos of them doing that. So whats the difference between a well prepd street vs the track when it comes to hooking????
How does it pertain to this thread? If it was a big problem for any of the cars he raced...they wouldn't have raced him in the first place.

Im sure there was some bickering back and forth about hooking before the runs, but everyone who ran, obviously didn't think that traction was gonna be THAT huge of a problem...once again, their problem. Maybe next time they will think about that before running an AWD 600+hp from a dig with tires on it.

Mellon has said it before, some of these cars he has ran, would have his lunch at the track. BUT they wanted him from a dig on the street, so they got what they asked for.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Thats a good spot. Ever have any problems with cops? Didn't you used to race in an industrial park area?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

How does it pertain to this thread? If it was a big problem for any of the cars he raced...they wouldn't have raced him in the first place.

Im sure there was some bickering back and forth about hooking before the runs, but everyone who ran, obviously didn't think that traction was gonna be THAT huge of a problem...once again, their problem. Maybe next time they will think about that before running an AWD 600+hp from a dig with tires on it.

Mellon has said it before, some of these cars he has ran, would have his lunch at the track. BUT they wanted him from a dig on the street, so they got what they asked for.

The other guy said there are plenty of big power cars on the street, I agreed and said yes but most of them als prep the street so whats the difference between that and the track when it comes to hooking.
Not trying to see a flame war, just curious in what his point is????

At least the Memphis fast car street races I have seen they get the torches out along with a lot of pimp juice.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Teching In

prior to the meet everyone knew it was going to be a cold street with barely any rubber. Nobody brought vht/torches...truly I don't think it matters much, we all have the same street to work with anyway, so everyone was fighting for traction if they had lots of power.

Originally Posted by tacklebox
Thats a good spot. Ever have any problems with cops? Didn't you used to race in an industrial park area?
occasionally cops will come out there and we'll politely leave and call it a day. That is an industrial park but it doesn't see much traffic at all.

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
The other guy said there are plenty of big power cars on the street, I agreed and said yes but most of them als prep the street so whats the difference between that and the track when it comes to hooking.
Not trying to see a flame war, just curious in what his point is????

At least the Memphis fast car street races I have seen they get the torches out along with a lot of pimp juice.
people get lazy or just want to have fun..it's not that serious with our group typically.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM

Ever thought about going auto? I dont really see too many evo's with auto's. is their a reason for that?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Divided
Ever thought about going auto? I dont really see too many evo's with auto's. is their a reason for that?
it's crossed my mind but I'm guessing I'd have to flip the motor around and do an adapter plate and then it would end up rwd.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mellon
people get lazy or just want to have fun..it's not that serious with our group typically.
And thats fine but being lazy and wanting to have fun with big power can get you into trouble quick. Around here everyone has fun but also takes thing seriously, check tires and pressures, check the car over ect ect. The imports go out and race stop light to stop light all night long, the faster cars....... you might see a few races one night thats about it. Most of the time people will start taking about a race or two at 8pm and it will happen at 4am and not including the 13 and 14 sec cars it will be the only two races all night haha.

A lot of people here have been killed or taken to jail in the last few years.... I almost wrecked my 96 one year and called it quits after that.

A lot of people around here found that when you just keep lining cars up its gets crazy and careless. Nothing against you guys, just observations from what the guys up here have learned.

Cops are cool also just as long as they don't catch you haha.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Teching In

watch the video carefully...you'll see it's fairly organized for street racing. I moved to Memphis in 2000 and it's come a long way. There's other groups that go out at night with the kiddies and it's extremely dangerous to be out there racing with them...a whole different ball game.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mellon
watch the video carefully...you'll see it's fairly organized for street racing. I moved to Memphis in 2000 and it's come a long way. There's other groups that go out at night with the kiddies and it's extremely dangerous to be out there racing with them...a whole different ball game.
Never said it was not well organized. Just said we have learned that when you get a lot of races lined up for one night people tend to get careless at least up here.

There is a large group of idiots up here that you don't want to be around and not all of them are young..... One of them was like 30... he was killed after trying to take a corner in a dumdumdumdumdum at over 100mph..... hit a building... he almost got life insurance awarded untill his insurance office found out from a little birdy just how fast he was going...... police report said speed was a factory but people watching said he was doing well over 100..... another guy almost got killed when he hit a cement pillar for an overpass......

I liked OKC because you could race out it the boonies and if you lost it chances are you would spin out into a dry river bed or something that was fairly level with the road........ no poles or buildings to deal with.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

My old TA at 500+ hp didnt hook for shi+... from a 50 or so mph roll I do okay but still would blow off the tires. But nice video.. My little brother lives in Memphis but doesnt street race his TA. EVO is wicked fast.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Racer

Thanks for the new sig material Mellon hahaha