Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Gto vs. 18 wheeler(and the winner is?.....)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woman driver... that explains everything
Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ttranssam
most truck drivers are idiots.....

And the award for the dumbass quote of the day issssssssssss...

You just slapped about 25 percent of LS1tech in the face with this dumbass comment.

You cant be an idiot and drive a semi anymore buddy maybe back in the 80's but now there are many of us making a decent living off of it. I am 60 times more worried about the dumb bitch in the explorer who is running late for her 8-5 Mon - Fri job than the 18 wheeler who is working a 12 hour shift driving 300 miles
Old 03-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know your HGV rules over there, but all tractor trailers and rigid trucks here in Europe have to have full length under run side rails going down the sides to prevent vehicles going under the trailer/truck.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackhawk66
I don't know your HGV rules over there, but all tractor trailers and rigid trucks here in Europe have to have full length under run side rails going down the sides to prevent vehicles going under the trailer/truck.
its not a requirement but all the trailers have a saftey bar at the rear to prevent cars/small trucks from running under the rear of the trailer in the even of the trailer stopping short and the vehicle behind rear-ending him
Old 03-05-2009, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God damn. That goat got messed up pretty bad haha. Dont be on the inside lane when a Semi is turning.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by King Nothing
more car drivers are retards who think a truck carryin a 40,000lb load can stop like a car or don't have to make wide turns cause of a 53 foot trailer their hauling

most people in illinois are ignorant but thats a whole-nother subject lol
I agree. Most people don't pay enough attention because they're too busy talking on their phone or screwing with the radio. Trucks take a lot of skill to drive but at the same time they still don't have the maneuverability of cars and people just don't understand it.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by King Nothing
more car drivers are retards who think a truck carryin a 40,000lb load can stop like a car or don't have to make wide turns cause of a 53 foot trailer their hauling

most people in illinois are ignorant but thats a whole-nother subject lol
Not everyone from illinois is ignorant.....

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
you're a ******* idiot to make a stupid *** comment like that
Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KW4life06
woman driver... that explains everything
Woman owned...Man driving. She wasnt even in the car... Read the comments to not have to guess what happened.

She states that the guy in the truck didnt have a CDL. He also admitted to the cops that he made the turn last minute.

I would call this more of an unfortunate accident. Could the GTO driver have been more patient? Probably. Should the truck driver have double checked the mirrors since he was making an abrubt unplanned turn? Sure. Lots of stuff probably could have been different. Thats why its an accident.

I drive on the interstate pretty regularily. A couple times a week sometimes. Ive had my fair share of a-hole truck and dump truck drivers. I cant tell you how many CB fights Ive been in due to a driver putting his rig just about up my *** while going 70mph. So they arent totally inocent out on the road. You get the guys that are on a schedule, and they'll get downright nasty to keep it. They're usually quite surprised when they gate me, and then hear me giving them a piece of my mind over the air. haha. CBs are fun...

It doesnt keep me from respecting them on the road though. I realize they deal with a lot of impatient idiots in cars... But that doesnt mean they can turn around and tailgate... The door swings both ways. And in their case, they are playing with fire because if they tail gate, and the person brake checks, there's gonna be a big problem.

Ah well. Im sure the GTO driver got a big check, probably a new GTO, and all is well.

J.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Watch episode of Top Gear where they attempt to drive semi-trucks...or lauries as they call them over in Europe. Don't take this in offense in any way shape or form, but they prove to you that three idiots can indeed make a futile attempt at driving a semi----but it also shows you that it requires a lot more skill than most people realize. Also you have to have all of your senses at 100% -- 100% of the time.

The semi that hit dirtybird's car avoided hitting the car with the truck, but the back 8 wheels are what hit the car and went right over it, if it wasn't for the truck driver being that aware of his surroundings he probably wouldn't be alive today.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttranssam
most truck drivers are idiots.....
you must be extremely ignorant huh
Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the guy driving. It was his G/F's car they broke up sometime after i donno if she got anything for it or not. Myb he'll post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

hey this happened in the small town i'm from in Rhode Island!!!! No way haha...

but yeah, this really sucks i would be PISSED
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Driving Big Rigs is no joke. This is what I have to do for a living, 10hours, 4 days a week.
I have to deal with a few dumbass drivers everyday. People love to cut you off and think that you can handle like a car. There have been a few times when I have to make a right turn, so I have to open out wide left to make the turn and cars try to pass by through my right side, then I have to slam the brakes.

I have ran across lots of people that know how to drive when big trucks are around. They will even back up and let you finish your turns. Im pretty sure alot of you guys are like this and understand what truck drivers have to deal with, thanks for that!! It sucks that its only a small percentage of people who understand..

Best advise, respect the big trucks and pay attention to what they are doing, it will make it safer for everyone..
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

GTO was clearly in the wrong. Don't F with a Truck.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

unless we are there how can ANY of us say either way who's at fault. The semi driver could have not realised the turn was there and the GTO was already there. Then last second the driver looked and didn't see it(blind spot) and thought it was clear to take the turn. never know.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

People have no idea what kind of blind spots a rig has until you drive one. Going in a straight line, it's not terribly bad, you have at least 2 big mirrors right on the doors, and at least two spot mirrors up on the nose.

Once you make a turn though, all rear vision is pretty much done for, it's not like a car where you can still see down the side, the mirrors go with you and the turning tractor while god knows what can be happening on either side of you and you won't know it until you swing back right (assuming you're making a wide right) and even then you're straight for a split second and usually don't have time to look at your mirrors besides peripheral vision because you're concentrating on not hitting the curb or traffic with the tractor. Usually you don't know what happened until your tandems are up over someones hood and their yelling at you because they illegally passed you and got owned.

But apparently the driver in the video was a jackass and decided to swing the turn at the last second instead of turning around after realizing he was about to miss his turn.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

some people need to think before speaking
Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did he just watch fast and the furious and forget he was not in a honda? lol anywho that would suck in any case
Old 03-06-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

that blows
Old 03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

GTO driver at fault - it was obviously one of the civic drivers from F&F