Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Gto vs. 18 wheeler(and the winner is?.....)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto vs. 18 wheeler(and the winner is?.....)

this would suck so bad!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmluT...eature=related
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

most truck drivers are idiots.....
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^^^^^^^^^
GTO fault
most car drivers are idiots
Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ttranssam
Don't think so. Most of the people driving cars today are complete idiots, and somehow seem to forget that these trucks cant stop or turn as good as their cars.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** that will buff out.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

The truck was making a wide right turn and the idiot in the car drove up and got crunched.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

That was definately the GTO's fault and there are plenty of stupid people driving cars, but there are just as many stupid semi drivers.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

more car drivers are retards who think a truck carryin a 40,000lb load can stop like a car or don't have to make wide turns cause of a 53 foot trailer their hauling

most people in illinois are ignorant but thats a whole-nother subject lol
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by King Nothing
more car drivers are retards who think a truck carryin a 40,000lb load can stop like a car or don't have to make wide turns cause of a 53 foot trailer their hauling

most people in illinois are ignorant but thats a whole-nother subject lol
ownage
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Launching!

you're a ******* idiot to make a stupid *** comment like that
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He's lucky to still have his head.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Launching!

I don't think half of us realize what kind of $hit the 18 wheeler drivers put up with everyday with everybody darting out in front of them. I get tired enough of putting up with regular automobile drivers that drive like a$$holes so can you imagine how you would feel after 8 + hours of that crap in a rig that doesn't stop on a dime? It doesn't make them or anybody any lesser or a person or driver, road rage knows no driver boundry.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

awww, c'mon eddie, don't you know those things handle better than the average f-body? hell, i think my old mans dodge extended cab 4x4 has a tighter turning radius than my camaro
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Quiet! Your not supposed to know me!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Teching In

dirtybird222's old car. Thanx to an old lady stopping on an on ramp and an idiot not paying attention behind him, he got slingshotted into a semi....

BUT That looks like GTO driver error and truck driver not being completely aware of surroundings even though they have huge blind spots on the right...I've seen plenty of them just fly over into lanes before.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

dammmn!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ x2
Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if most non-semi-truck-drivers realize that:
  • Semi truck drivers drive way more than non-semi-truck-drivers, and are probably safer drivers because of this, if not for just being on the road more often.
  • Semi trucks have huge blind spots. Why do you think there are huge mirrors on the cab?
  • You should not accelerate past a semi truck that has it's right blinker on with an intersection ahead. The signs on the nearly all semi truck trailers tell you this, assuming you read them.
  • If there is a semi truck turning into your lane move the **** out of the way! I don't care if you curb your ****. It's better than totalling your ride.
I had to sideswipe a ******* freeway stopper bin (those big water bin things) to avoid getting run over by a semi with an extra wide load that decided to pass me at 70MPH in a 55MPH construction zone in a narrowed down Z section with a sharp elevation change. Sparks were flying from his trailer hitting the road but I noticed him moving into my lane way before that. Even looked like his extra wide cargo was government issue with a security clearance on its contents so it would have sucked for him to be in an accident. Didn't know I hit the water bin until I stopped at a gas station. Fortunately 99% of the scratches buffed out and with no sheet metal damage. I even found a piece of the truck (or another object) that had chipped off from them hitting something (wall, road, car) and subsequently flown into my hatch rain channel... Another highlight of my recent road trip.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

It's wierd that you must have a CDL to drive a Semi. Then with an rv it only takes a valid drivers license. Some of these motorhomes are damn near as long as a tractor/trailer. I believe if everyone got the chance to take either one for a spin they would change their perspective on it. It's nowhere near like a car and you'd be cussing every 4 wheeled vehicle in sight while having a panic attack.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by King Nothing
Well said. People are so ******* impatient and ignorant when it comes to trucks (real trucks, not F350's) it just pisses me off. It's not that hard of a concept that when you see a rig in front of you with its right blinker on and they're slowing down and then turn left a bit it's not your cue to try to fly past them on the right. Obviously it needs to swing the turn wider than anything else on the road because it's slightly longer than your vehicle.

Now, don't know the OP's case, just ranting about careless drivers. Sure, some truck drivers are bad and some regular drivers are bad. Though I have to say it's way harder to obtain your CDL than it is a regular license, so that weeds at least the most incompetant people.

Originally Posted by 3fourty6
It's wierd that you must have a CDL to drive a Semi. Then with an rv it only takes a valid drivers license. Some of these motorhomes are damn near as long as a tractor/trailer. I believe if everyone got the chance to take either one for a spin they would change their perspective on it. It's nowhere near like a car and you'd be cussing every 4 wheeled vehicle in sight while having a panic attack.
26,001 lbs + air brakes is grounds for a CDL. RV's don't have air brakes. I don't know if this is true but apparently pilots need to have their CDL's because planes have air brakes. Don't know if I believe that one...