Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2010 camaro ss vs dodge viper

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28usmc
My "weak" little LSX would smoke that 2010 SS and a NEW Viper took me down with ease- lets not get carried away now k?

If you think that's the New Viper you need to bone up on your American Muscle Bro!!
Here's another one...what does ur little lsx run in the 1/4?Since you know what i run because you can beat me let me know what ur car runs....
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
Here's another one...what does ur little lsx run in the 1/4?Since you know what i run because you can beat me let me know what ur car runs....
99 Z28 - TSP 404 Stroker, Fast 92/NW 95mm, Stage 2.5 heads, Forged bottom end, Fast Toys lid, 1-5/8's AR headers, Fab 9 in w/full spool, 35 spline mosers, Chrome moly DS, UMI Trq Arm, UMI Panhard Bar, FLSFC's, Hotchkiss springs, 5.0 shifter, cartech level 7 clutch, Tick Master/Slave/Bleeder Kit, C5Z Wheels on Nitto 555's. Tuned by RPM in Garner NC 478rwhp 444rwtq

i dont know what it runs.. but if it is anywhere close to what his dyno numbers are, he will be disappointed.. id be getting my money back!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

My "weak" little LSX would smoke that 2010 SS and a NEW Viper took me down with ease- lets not get carried away now k?

If you think that's the New Viper you need to bone up on your American Muscle Bro!!
Ok Kiddy, You need to learn how to ******* read. I said Stock for Stock! With the same mods, the 2010SS would beat your LSX. Sorry but you just have to eat that one.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like an 08 or Better Viper from the looks of the tail lights and side
Old 07-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Ok Kiddy, You need to learn how to ******* read. I said Stock for Stock! With the same mods, the 2010SS would beat your LSX. Sorry but you just have to eat that one.
That's hilarious- "Kiddy"? Your superiority complex interests me not at all. Nice try though SONNY!! LOL

At the end of the day who really gives a F@#$ anyway- because once you start modding ALL arguments go out the window.

Looks like an 08 or Better Viper from the looks of the tail lights and side
Looks like you still don't know what the heck you are talking about- of course that's not really that shocking now is it?

Originally Posted by lemons12
99 Z28 - TSP 404 Stroker, Fast 92/NW 95mm, Stage 2.5 heads, Forged bottom end, Fast Toys lid, 1-5/8's AR headers, Fab 9 in w/full spool, 35 spline mosers, Chrome moly DS, UMI Trq Arm, UMI Panhard Bar, FLSFC's, Hotchkiss springs, 5.0 shifter, cartech level 7 clutch, Tick Master/Slave/Bleeder Kit, C5Z Wheels on Nitto 555's. Tuned by RPM in Garner NC 478rwhp 444rwtq

i dont know what it runs.. but if it is anywhere close to what his dyno numbers are, he will be disappointed.. id be getting my money back!
I had no idea 10 second street cars were slow. I guess not everyone up here in NC has 8 and 9 second daily drivers like you have where you are.

For one it appears abundantly clear you know very little about suspension mods because the car runs VERY strong at the track- do you have any idea what a spool, panhard bar and torq arm do for launches? Apparently not or would wouldn't make assonine statements like you did. Also as far as numbers go- these are N/A numbers. And if you can decifer a little you'd know that the heads and headers are what's holding everything back- with 1 7/8 in headers alone would put the car VERY close to (if not over) the 500 RWHP mark. And some better flowing heads would push it even further. But then again the pistons are gapped for a 300 shot so at this point it's pick your poison- 4 grand for good heads and headers or $1200 for a VERY good Nitrous setup. So despite what YOU think my friend, my car is just fine. Thanks for asking!!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
One phrase- you might want to write this down.

POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO!!

Look it up- it matters.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I had no idea 10 second street cars were slow. I guess not everyone up here in NC has 8 and 9 second daily drivers like you have where you are.

For one it appears abundantly clear you know very little about suspension mods because the car runs VERY strong at the track- do you have any idea what a spool, panhard bar and torq arm do for launches? Apparently not or would wouldn't make assonine statements like you did. Also as far as numbers go- these are N/A numbers. And if you can decifer a little you'd know that the heads and headers are what's holding everything back- with 1 7/8 in headers alone would put the car VERY close to (if not over) the 500 RWHP mark. And some better flowing heads would push it even further. But then again the pistons are gapped for a 300 shot so at this point it's pick your poison- 4 grand for good heads and headers or $1200 for a VERY good Nitrous setup. So despite what YOU think my friend, my car is just fine. Thanks for asking!!
i would be pissed if i had a stroker running 10s, plain and simple.. you can do that on a NA 346... so why would i think a 402 doing it is impressive what so ever?
why dont you give us some track numbers? or do you not have any?
no, i dont know anything about suspension.. thats why i have *full* BMR suspension on my car, right?
i looked at your mods and i can "decipher" them just fine..
the fact is like you said you could be well over 500rwhp.. especially with an m6, i know auto guys well over that mark with cars built for nitrous.. but the truth is, you arent.. and thats what matters my friend..
its pick your poison, run your mouth about what your car could put down with so and so mods.... or go buy and install them... so despite what YOU think my friend, your setup needs some tweaking.

i didnt ask anything, i made a statement.. that is true.

One phrase- you might want to write this down.

POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO!!

Look it up- it matters.
my god, you didnt just really say that did you???

did i accidentally type hondatech.com???
Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Teching In

i would be pissed if i had a stroker running 10s, plain and simple.. you can do that on a NA 346... so why would i think a 402 doing it is impressive what so ever?
why dont you give us some track numbers? or do you not have any?
no, i dont know anything about suspension.. thats why i have *full* BMR suspension on my car, right?
i looked at your mods and i can "decipher" them just fine..
the fact is like you said you could be well over 500rwhp.. especially with an m6, i know auto guys well over that mark with cars built for nitrous.. but the truth is, you arent.. and thats what matters my friend..
its pick your poison, run your mouth about what your car could put down with so and so mods.... or go buy and install them... so despite what YOU think my friend, your setup needs some tweaking.

i didnt ask anything, i made a statement.. that is true.

my god, you didnt just really say that did you???

did i accidentally type hondatech.com???
I know my setup needs tweaking....did YOU read why I wrote? Sheesh!! As far as tack times go I know very well how this age old game is played- it's done on just about EVERY car forum on the net. At the end of the day you won't believe anything I say or post so who cares? NOT ME!! I know what I have- I know what my car is capable of- if you don't like it- SO WHAT. I could care less if I impress you. Seriously.

I'll bottom line this for you since this has gotten to the point of stupidity. THAT 2010 SS is a badass ride- but it's HEAVY. THAT'S REALITY not an opinion. Even with high 4XX rwhp a LIGHTER car with similar HP and BETTER gearing (like mine for example) will be FASTER given equal drivers- once again FACT not OPINION. A good example of this is it takes an 03 Cobra about 85 MORE RWHP to hang with/beat a Z06- why? POWER TO WT RATIO. Bash all you want- but that's a FACT my friend.

That brings us to the race we saw. Once again the bowtie fanboi in you comes out in full force. Do you really expect us to believe a HEAVIER car with LESS RWHP will win? I know this isn't what you want to hear but there is NO WAY that is a NEW VIPER. It's LIGHTER and has MORE RWHP. The older Vipers obviously have much less RWHP. If it's stock it will be less than the MODDED 2010 Camaro SS that we saw in the vid- making what we saw in the vid make much more sense. And that is REALITY.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

More brainless tripe! Noobs these days!
That's hilarious- "Kiddy"? Your superiority complex interests me not at all. Nice try though SONNY!! LOL

At the end of the day who really gives a F@#$ anyway- because once you start modding ALL arguments go out the window.

Looks like you still don't know what the heck you are talking about- of course that's not really that shocking now is it?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Teching In

More brainless tripe! Noobs these days!
Funny guy- what's your stage name? Maybe I can catch your act sometime. BTW- new to site doesn't mean new to cars.

Since I am "brainless" according to you and Lemons12 perhaps you could be more detailed in where am I wrong according to you. Anybody can shout "NEWB" and "your gay" it doesn't really prove your point other than you can throw an occasional juvenile inslut out there. Show me why a car with less power and more wt should win because I'm not seeing it.

And Lemons- since my setup is supposedly garbage (according to you) what is wrong with it? I already know I need 1 7/8 in headers and better heads. But you seem to think with my numbers I should be in ther 9's. How? w/o spray or boost on a full wt car, iron block, heavier suspension etc(appx 3750 lbs).

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong- I just don't think I am in this case.

I personally think a 10 second daily driver is decent.....would I love to be in the 9's? SURE- is it a huge priority? Not really. I'm just curious to see what YOU think since you put yourself out there like you are some sort of expert or something. (I already admit I'm not an expert)

SHOW me where what I said was incorrect.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

nice vid thanks for posting it.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

I have to agree with Z28usmc on this NOT being a 600hp Viper. I think it's just the 505 which is still impressive that the Camaro outran it. The 505hp ones usually run 12.0-12.2. The 600hp ones are around 11.5. This 480whp NA Camaro should be 11.9-12.1. Hennessey's Supercharged 560whp Camaro ran 11.55, I think it was. That math adds up and makes sense.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know my setup needs tweaking....did YOU read why I wrote? Sheesh!! As far as tack times go I know very well how this age old game is played- it's done on just about EVERY car forum on the net. At the end of the day you won't believe anything I say or post so who cares? NOT ME!! I know what I have- I know what my car is capable of- if you don't like it- SO WHAT. I could care less if I impress you. Seriously.

I'll bottom line this for you since this has gotten to the point of stupidity. THAT 2010 SS is a badass ride- but it's HEAVY. THAT'S REALITY not an opinion. Even with high 4XX rwhp a LIGHTER car with similar HP and BETTER gearing (like mine for example) will be FASTER given equal drivers- once again FACT not OPINION. A good example of this is it takes an 03 Cobra about 85 MORE RWHP to hang with/beat a Z06- why? POWER TO WT RATIO. Bash all you want- but that's a FACT my friend.

That brings us to the race we saw. Once again the bowtie fanboi in you comes out in full force. Do you really expect us to believe a HEAVIER car with LESS RWHP will win? I know this isn't what you want to hear but there is NO WAY that is a NEW VIPER. It's LIGHTER and has MORE RWHP. The older Vipers obviously have much less RWHP. If it's stock it will be less than the MODDED 2010 Camaro SS that we saw in the vid- making what we saw in the vid make much more sense. And that is REALITY.
you dont want to post them, or you cant because you have none? all i asked is for you to post some.. you already said your in the 10s and i believed you on that... just post up a 60 ft 1/8/mph and 1/4/mph.. would be no reason to not believe you..

too bad a 5th gen will beat a 4th gen ALL DAY LONG with equal drivers.. this has been shown over and over..

dont know why you would be calling me a fan boy.. i dont know anything about vipers (other than destroying one at the track two weeks ago.. ) i could care less which one won and i never said anything about it..

And Lemons- since my setup is supposedly garbage (according to you) what is wrong with it? I already know I need 1 7/8 in headers and better heads. But you seem to think with my numbers I should be in ther 9's. How? w/o spray or boost on a full wt car, iron block, heavier suspension etc(appx 3750 lbs).
you keep talking about all these mods you need and what you could be running and this and that.. im curious as to what your running right now..

o, btw.. if power to weight is everything why do you weigh 3750.. that would make for one slow stroker.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

heres a killer race with a c6 base model.......
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...goes-down.html
Old 07-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Teching In

you dont want to post them, or you cant because you have none? all i asked is for you to post some.. you already said your in the 10s and i believed you on that... just post up a 60 ft 1/8/mph and 1/4/mph.. would be no reason to not believe you..

too bad a 5th gen will beat a 4th gen ALL DAY LONG with equal drivers.. this has been shown over and over..

dont know why you would be calling me a fan boy.. i dont know anything about vipers (other than destroying one at the track two weeks ago.. ) i could care less which one won and i never said anything about it..

you keep talking about all these mods you need and what you could be running and this and that.. im curious as to what your running right now..

o, btw.. if power to weight is everything why do you weigh 3750.. that would make for one slow stroker.
10.8 @ 133 with a 1.6 60 ft.

3750 is pretty fat- BUT my goal was to have a FULL WT - FULLY FUNCTIONAL (radio, ac, full interior etc) 10 second car I can daily drive and that's what I have. And while 3750 is heavy that's still at least 300 lbs lighter than the STOCK 2010 ss. So yeah- with 478 rwhp she runs pretty damn good. Can she be beat? Of course- there is ALWAYS someone faster. So far though the ONLY car I've lost to is a new viper. The 2 closest races were with vettes- 1 C6 with exhaust the other a FRC with a built 346 and full bolt ons.

The only reason I brought up mods I need to do is my goal is to get to 500 RWHP w/o nitrous. My cats, 1 5/8 headers and heads are what's holding me back from getting to 5XX. That's a fact. My tuner is VERY good at what he does- It's a fairly safe tune but I'm confident he's got about as much out of her as he can. I am a little dissappointed with the low numbers esp the tq. But she runs strong. There are 2 other reasons the numbers are a little skewed- the gears and the gap for nitrous. He said that can make the numbers come in a little low.

The new Viper is on a whole different level btw- 8.4 V10, 600 hp, 560 ft lbs of torque and it only weighs 3450 and as I said- with a flash tune it bumps the RWHP to 600. I am good friends with the guy who owns the new Viper that beat me. He's got the dyno sheets to prove it There is no way the SS in the op's vid was racing a NEW Viper- even a new bone stock Viper would destroy the modded SS seen in the Vid. Now keep in mind I'm not bashing the SS- it is what it is- a very nice HEAVY and powerful street car. But in the same league as a new Viper- not a chance, not without a lot more mods. The whole reason I called you fanboi is because you seem to have the "LSX can never lose" syndrome just because a few of us have stated that the SS didn't beat a new Viper and if it had been a new Viper it would have destroyed that SS. You seemed to take great offense to that.

Also- you keep saying you would be dissappointed with my dyno numbers- why? In your opinion where should I be?

As far as Vipers go- there was new one on H2H being compared to a Z06, enjoy!!:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...Z06_159582.htm

Last edited by Z28usmc; 07-25-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Once again, you're a freaking moron. Must be a Cpl or less. I said, Stock for Stock the 2010 SS wins hands down compaired to a 4th gen. Stock for stock will out handle a 4th gen as well. Hello Gump!

Funny guy- what's your stage name? Maybe I can catch your act sometime. BTW- new to site doesn't mean new to cars.

Since I am "brainless" according to you and Lemons12 perhaps you could be more detailed in where am I wrong according to you. Anybody can shout "NEWB" and "your gay" it doesn't really prove your point other than you can throw an occasional juvenile inslut out there. Show me why a car with less power and more wt should win because I'm not seeing it.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong- I just don't think I am in this case.

I personally think a 10 second daily driver is decent.....would I love to be in the 9's? SURE- is it a huge priority? Not really. I'm just curious to see what YOU think since you put yourself out there like you are some sort of expert or something. (I already admit I'm not an expert)

SHOW me where what I said was incorrect.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Once again, you're a freaking moron. Must be a Cpl or less. I said, Stock for Stock the 2010 SS wins hands down compaired to a 4th gen. Stock for stock will out handle a 4th gen as well. Hello Gump!
HEY DIPSHIT!! I'M TALKING ABOUT A STOCK 2009 VIPER. Reading isn't really your thing is it?

I would hope a 2010 SS would beat an LS1 F-body given that it's putting down a lot more HP. NO ONE HERE IS DEBATING THAT. Try to keep up willya
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

HEY DIPSHIT!! I'M TALKING ABOUT A STOCK 2009 VIPER. Reading isn't really your thing is it?

I would hope a 2010 SS would beat an LS1 F-body given that it's putting down a lot more HP. NO ONE HERE IS DEBATING THAT. Try to keep up willya
Looks like your a ultra size douche bag. Read what I wrote and eat it. I wasn't talking about the viper or care about it. I get tired of people with 4th gens saying the 5th gens are so ******* slow.
Looks like a newer Viper and it got beat. I love how so many people rip on the SS on here but would still Stock for stock kick the living crap out of their LS1 F body. Face it, the 5th gen is a better car than the 4th gen. Good video.
Thanks for reading newb!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

10.8 @ 133 with a 1.6 60 ft.

The only reason I brought up mods I need to do is my goal is to get to 500 RWHP w/o nitrous.

The whole reason I called you fanboi is because you seem to have the "LSX can never lose" syndrome just because a few of us have stated that the SS didn't beat a new Viper and if it had been a new Viper it would have destroyed that SS. You seemed to take great offense to that.

Also- you keep saying you would be dissappointed with my dyno numbers- why? In your opinion where should I be?
not bad at all, it def. has more in it.. good trap just not so good 60... faster trap than what i was expecting though..

did you build this car or buy it with the mods, doesnt matter.. just curious is all..

dont really care what the vipers run.. stock cars or semi stock cars dont interest me too much... none of it matters at the strip!

i could be wrong.. but i never once defended the SS.. i could care less which car won.. you must have mixed someone elses response with mine..

yes, i would.. with a 6 speed and your mods i would expect min. 500rwhp.. properly setup i would expect 550rwhp.. but, it runs good and thats all that matters!