Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

How not to pull a motor...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009 | 06:56 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by C5kid
I prefer 2x4's when i go to do any work on vehicles....

Haha, I am going to save this one. This thread is pretty funny.

I've removed engines from the bottom and out the top. If I have access to a lift I go through the bottom every time. If not it is out the top. I haven't ever messed with the cherry picker method, but when it comes time to mess with my Formula that is what I'll be doing.
Old 12-28-2009 | 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Lol @ all the "lolz in this thread" lolz lollerskates lollersalad lolz pwn
Old 12-29-2009 | 02:36 AM
TECH Regular

I just got the Will Hanzel LS1 book, and he has a whole chapter on how to remove from the bottom and suggests that as the best method. I was curious, how high was the nose of the car? I'm curious if i have enough clearance in my garage (looks like you have some high ceilings)...Thanks!
Old 12-29-2009 | 03:46 AM
Rockstar

OP, the general consensus of this thread appears to say that you, sir, are a fuckass.
Old 12-29-2009 | 11:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
OP, the general consensus of this thread appears to say that you, sir, are a fuckass.
Really? Jump on the band wagon dumbass. Take your comments and slow lt1 somewhere else. Good day
Old 12-29-2009 | 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ford vs. Chevy always appears to be a huge pissing match on this site. BTW, I bet his LT1 could hang with an equal year Mustang so
Old 12-29-2009 | 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

i think what it boils down to is choice and space you have to work with...not everybody has a huge *** nicely spaced our garage or any high speed post lifts to go with it..a lot of us are *do it yourself'ers* and dont have a **** ton of cash to put into a garage..so we rely on the help of friends and the god blessed * loan a tool program* from Vato zone. if thats the only way he could get the damn engine out..then so be it..atleast he's doing it instead of farming it out..you may not agree with what he does/or how he does it...but dammit give him credit for doing the job..
thats how modifiying **** happens...doing something on your own and learning from it..what works and what does not.....done with my rant...JMO
Old 12-29-2009 | 04:54 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Really? Jump on the band wagon dumbass. Take your comments and slow lt1 somewhere else. Good day
You're in the wrong forum man. I'm not on the band wagon, I just happen to know and agree that you're a dumb **** mustang owner who has a 0 post count because that Moderators of this forum decided you're a bitch.

Oh, and my stock engine from 1994 can still outperform a stock 2005 GT. Who's the slow one here?
Old 12-29-2009 | 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're in the wrong forum man. I'm not on the band wagon, I just happen to know and agree that you're a dumb **** mustang owner who has a 0 post count because that Moderators of this forum decided you're a bitch.
You are a jackass. What does owning a Mustang have anything to do with being a "dumb ****"?

Oh, and my stock engine from 1994 can still outperform a stock 2005 GT. Who's the slow one here?
Uh, with your gears and tune, it still doesn't look like you are going to beat any 05 Mustangs. As for your question about who's the slow one... you are pretty damn slow.

I thought with the diminished value of the LS1's, there were a lot more idiots on here. I would be really scared to see what the LT1 section looks like if the rest of the LT1 guys are anything like you.

I think its about time for a lock.
Old 12-29-2009 | 05:48 PM
Teching In

ok you just proved you didnt read the whole thread or you would know that the o post count is because I haven't posted in tech sections. You should read the whole thread before you come in tryin to bash someone so you can

And this thread isn't about if your car can out perform another one there are sections for that and plenty of threads you can post that in... Just sayin. but no you couldnt
Old 12-29-2009 | 06:19 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
ok you just proved you didnt read the whole thread or you would know that the o post count is because I haven't posted in tech sections. You should read the whole thread before you come in tryin to bash someone so you can

And this thread isn't about if your car can out perform another one there are sections for that and plenty of threads you can post that in... Just sayin. but no you couldnt
What can I say, I got tired of reading through 6 pages of crap and skipped the last 3. The fact that you don't have any tech posts shows how much you care about how things are done on these cars. Sorry I don't hang around the bullshit exchange to know how things work south of the border here.
I'm no bench racer, but I've seen what a stock 05(ish) mustang runs, and it's not past the 14's. If you're calling me slow, then what does that say about your ride? (assuming you drive what's in your profile pic)
I'm not bashing, just callin it like I see it, after all, this thread was started to bash us stupid F-body owners for dropping the engine right???
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not bashing, just callin it like I see it, after all, this thread was started to bash us stupid F-body owners for dropping the engine right???
I would bet money you have never pulled the engine out of your car top or bottom.

Instead of jumping on the band wagon and trying to make the OP look like an idiot, you are the one looking like an idiot.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I would bet money you have never pulled the engine out of your car top or bottom.

Instead of jumping on the band wagon and trying to make the OP look like an idiot, you are the one looking like an idiot.
Well you just owned yourself. I have seen LT1-Runner help pull/replace 2 LS1s in the last 6 months. One of which was mine. So in a way you are right and dumb. Congrats.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:34 PM
Rockstar

I'll take that money now. What makes you assume such things about a person?

And i reiterate, I am not on the band wagon, I just happen to be among the majority of people here who do things the easy way, or would you rather have me bashing people with you for dropping the drivetrain?
Your Fuckassery is astounding.

Thanks for vouching for me steve,

EDIT: I don't need to make the OP look like an idiot, because he already did that himself.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Well you just owned yourself. I have seen LT1-Runner help pull/replace 2 LS1s in the last 6 months. One of which was mine. So in a way you are right and dumb. Congrats.
I sure did "own" myself. He acts just like all the newbs, its pretty surprising really. Usually people that do the whole brand loyalty, Mustangs are for bitches things, are either newbs, or redneck trailer trash. I assumed he wasn't the second choice because he figured out how to use the internet. I guess I was wrong.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:45 PM
Teching In

What can I say, I got tired of reading through 6 pages of crap and skipped the last 3. The fact that you don't have any tech posts shows how much you care about how things are done on these cars. Sorry I don't hang around the bullshit exchange to know how things work south of the border here.
I'm no bench racer, but I've seen what a stock 05(ish) mustang runs, and it's not past the 14's. If you're calling me slow, then what does that say about your ride? (assuming you drive what's in your profile pic)
Actually I didn't join this site to bash anyone, I joined it because I enjoy muscle cars and I have a lot of friends that post in the midwest forum. Im not going to post in the tech and give information that I dont know and lead someone the wrong way.

I posted the pic in the beginning not to necessarily bash but to a non f-body owner it looked unsafe to me, then when I was informed it was the common way to pull the motor I no longer said anything but people still continue to bash about it?

And if you want to know about my car, my mods are posted a couple pages back. I know it maybe common for the 05+ to run 14's but to any mustang enthusiast who actually knows how to drive will be at least mid 13's stock.

No harm meant to be a personal attack on you or anyone else unless i'm called out first.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:47 PM
Rockstar

I sure did "own" myself. He acts just like all the newbs, its pretty surprising really. Usually people that do the whole brand loyalty, Mustangs are for bitches things, are either newbs, or redneck trailer trash. I assumed he wasn't the second choice because he figured out how to use the internet. I guess I was wrong.
Discretion is the better part of valor, and you went too far, learn how to admit when your wrong. This is an LS1 site. This thread is hatin on F-bod guys. What doesn't belong?

You're in the wrong business.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Discretion is the better part of valor, and you went too far, learn how to admit when your wrong.
I guess I was wrong.
I already did, no back tracking here.

I think the OP realizes that people drop the engine out of the bottom at this point, and I don't see any point in calling him a "fuckass," or a bitch.
Old 12-29-2009 | 07:56 PM
Rockstar

I already did, no back tracking here.

I think the OP realizes that people drop the engine out of the bottom at this point, and I don't see any point in calling him a "fuckass," or a bitch.
Sarcasm doesn't count. Fuckass.
Old 12-29-2009 | 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sarcasm doesn't count. Fuckass.
Look man, I mean it in the most sincere way possible, I was wrong. I figured you for a newb over a redneck, and you continue to prove me wrong with your lack of class. You can quit rubbing it in now, I get it, you are Nascar loving trailer trash.

Quick Reply: How not to pull a motor...