Nebraska cops trying to mess with me

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
You driving a Jag?
That's definitely a Jag.
Looks to be a first gen XKR from the dash and the speeds he's mentioned.

I would have to agree that you were being a jackass OP.
Cruising at that speed is one thing, but passing someone on the shoulder is never a good idea.

Also, the cop probably would have just let you go if you had just cooperated.
He didn't catch you doing anything, so there really isn't anything he can get you for.
I would ask him what the hell my dad had to do with anything and if I had done anything.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 12-21-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1ssws6
Comparing a priest molesting children and cops giving tickets is completely absurd. I am a police officer in Philadelphia and I will tell everyone the same thing there is absolutely no quota for tickets at all. General public can think what they want but anyone who is a cop or knows cops know there isnt a quota. I only give tickets to people who are complete asses and then they are the ones like "F the cops they just ticketed me to reach their quota" it had nothing to do with them having an attitude or cursing us out

I agree that maybe the cop calling for the k9 was a little over the top BUT at the same time ls2pontiac admitted to driving over 140mph on what seems to be described as a high traffic area. And on top of all of that he "blew by" two people DOING THE SPEED LIMIT and was half on the grass and on the median. But that is ok right?

People like you are the ones who give us a bad name as sports car enthusiasts/drivers. To speed or go fast on a track or on a highway where there are no cars is one thing but to dso it when there is obvious traffic and then to basically brag about it you should be lucky all you got was the dog search or the warning the cop gave you. Seriously grow up

I wish there were more police officers that had your mindset nowadays.Its your buddies out collecting revenue using poor judgement that ruin it for you good officers and its the idiots like LS2 pontiac that act like a dumbass around traffic that ruins it for us car enthusiasts
Old 12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well then i stand corrected if you have first hand knowledge of quotas, here there arent any and most major cities dont have them.

And no I dont do traffic stops all day but I do my fare share because you can get good things out of traffic stops. 9 out of 10 i let people go with warnings and no tickets.

I have been on for little over 8 months and have already had 4 stolen car arrests, a site rape arrest, 5 guns out of criminals hands and countless drugs off the streets. So i think that speaks for itsself, im not trying to brag but that is how i do my job. So i dont really care if i have your respect because i know i am doing a good job and making peoples lives easier and safer in the process, no offence.

I just got mad at the post you made about the 150mph thing because i just think its WAY over the top. I mean have i sped in my trans an yes, have i sped on my motorcycle yes. Gone over 100, absolutely BUT it has always been on a road where there are little to no cars and if i crash 99% i will be the only one getting physically hurt. But going 150 on the shoulder/grass median is just rediculous. You know the shoulder is for emergencies right? So what if a family was pulled over for some reason on the shoulder when you decided to go 150 and didnt have time to react to avoid them? Just saying....

Go home rookie. There may not be a paper quota but i GUARANTEE you get your but chewed when you dont write as many tickets as they want.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
my dad was in front driving a aston martin DB9 and got nailed for doing 105..it was black with limo tints. same with this car..so it looked highly suspicious i bet. Anyway, i was blowing by a ton of people on the highway for 8 hours straight. at one point i was going over 150 mph in wyoming for a looooooong time. like 20 minutes. Was in nebraska for a while and some jackass was going the speed limit on front of me and in the lane next to him, so i simply blew by them on the shoulder and half on the grass median..i found out he called 911 and said i was driving like a maniac. The cop never said anything about it though..
If this is true, the cop should have harassed you more, a whole lot more. I just wish he would have actually caught you in the act and took you to jail.......Daddy please turn around....sniff sniff....

John Wayne said it best - "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"

Last edited by LS1 Sounds; 12-21-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: personal attacks
Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree that the OP was acting foolishly, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BADMOON
I wish there were more police officers that had your mindset nowadays.Its your buddies out collecting revenue using poor judgement that ruin it for you good officers and its the idiots like LS2 pontiac that act like a dumbass around traffic that ruins it for us car enthusiasts
i just love my job and dont think it is right to nail everyone with tickets, if your rude or an *** or do something really stupid yea youll get a ticket but not if its a simple traffic violation and the person is cooperative, no point. But whatever guess im just a stoooopid rookie \/\/\/\/\/\/

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Go home rookie. There may not be a paper quota but i GUARANTEE you get your but chewed when you dont write as many tickets as they want.
Not being an *** but did you just hear what i said about them not wanting tickets? they want radio calls, ped stops, car stops and arrests, they honestly could care less about tickets, believe it or not. Maybe its different down in TX but all the people I have worked with I asked about tickets and they have all said that no one cares if you write them or not. Half the cops ride around without a ticket book
Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Launching!

hes wrong for doing what he did BUT........

THE COP DIDNT CATCH HIM DOIN IT AND HE WASNT WITNESS TO WHAT HE DID

futhermore there is a quota!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop lying

AND im sure there is no racial profiling, and tasering a 82 yr old is ok, shooting kids with water guns is ok, blackmail, theft, and extorion is ok....and you know we only catch a fraction of it......

wait lets see how many cops speed and lets see if we can ask them guys to slow down

why am i ranting ....well we hold cops in high regards they protect us so i expect them to behave in the best manner possible not like ignorant people or thieves with the law on their side

hey i got a idea have each cop at the end of the year take a lie dector test asking if they have done any thing illegal and take leagal action if they fail.....

just to clairify i dont hate any cop i just know wat ive seen

as comparing the of abuse of power by a cop to what several priest ended up doin it is justifed.

how might you ask??? its the twisted sense of power and a criminal abuse of the authority bestowed upon them thats similar. and the most obvious, someone of authority using his/her power to inflict pain on another person

think about it they both have the ability to do what they want to people who have little means of reprocussion and are afriad to speak out because the consequences.

feels almost like throwing/lumping in traffic violators with drug dealers, rapist, and murders in same cells doesnt it?

im sure cops hear people crying all the time that what they do isnt right. and not to put them in the same palce these criminals are. what do cops tell them???

cops look out for each other ive seen it you know it the world knows it
Old 12-22-2009, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not sure why he called the K9 or asked to search your car, your behavior was not suspicious.

All you had was something covering the license plate and didn't answer one simple question...I don't get it.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
hes wrong for doing what he did BUT........

THE COP DIDNT CATCH HIM DOIN IT AND HE WASNT WITNESS TO WHAT HE DID

futhermore there is a quota!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop lying
I dont know why your so bent on there being a quota. Its not like the free masons or some type of secret society where theres a secret code of quotas. If there was a quota i would be the first to say there is because it wouldnt be a secret and i wouldnt care saying so but you have to get over your obsession of this quota thing because in philly and most large cities there is not a quota.

AND im sure there is no racial profiling, and tasering a 82 yr old is ok, shooting kids with water guns is ok, blackmail, theft, and extorion is ok....and you know we only catch a fraction of it......
Ill be the first to admit there is racial profiling but again what does that have to do with the topic at hand and that is not every cop who does it? Profiling is part of our job like it or not. If a white guy is walking in the area i patrol which is 99% black/puerto rican i would stop him to make sure everything is ok. Maybe he is lost, disoriented, or mentally unstable OR your right maybe he is buying drugs but our job is to figure it out. But lets not get into the racial thing because thats off topic a little. Tasering an 82 year old i would say is a little much but i wasnt there so i cant speak on it. Blackmail, theft, extortion are ll horrible but how can you sit here and judge all cops or say all of them are crooked because of the VERY FEW who do those things? It happens in every line of work that there are bad people. Im sure there are firemen who start fires or insurance people on the take but do we bash everyone in that line of work?

And as far as shooting someone with a watergun, your damn right. Last summer a 20somethign year old guy was walking down the street with a water gun me and my partner drew our weapons on him because something jsut didnt seem right. Ended up it was just a water gun but had some type of acid in it and he was going to his ex's house to spray her with it.
In the old district i worked in there is an article of people who have been locked up for having shotguns incased in waterguns and cellphone guns that shoot .22s. These were all taken in philadelphia so im sure it goes on in other cities too. Judge if you want but this is the job and these things ARE real whether you want to believe it or not. I know it is a small possibility but it is still there, so id rather be safe than sorry. NOW on the other hand if a bunch of 6 year olds are playing with water guns im not gonna draw on them its a situation to situation thing and you wouldnt understand if you have never faced it. I cant find an article on the watergun/shotgun but i can get it when i go to work if you think im lying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxIjkBVEtyE

wait lets see how many cops speed and lets see if we can ask them guys to slow down
our job is to uphold the law, speeding is against the law so we pull cars over for speeding or reckless driving, we dont know its a cop before we pull them over. You want to try and stop a cop for speeding? Go ahead see how far you get. You do not have the authority to do that in your line of work (im assuming your not in LE because of your comments) So yea cops would probably just laugh at you if you tried to get them to slow down.

why am i ranting ....well we hold cops in high regards they protect us so i expect them to behave in the best manner possible not like ignorant people or thieves with the law on their side
You should still hold LE in high regard and not take it out on the good cops because of the few bad apples.

hey i got a idea have each cop at the end of the year take a lie dector test asking if they have done any thing illegal and take leagal action if they fail.....
I wont even address this one because it is so rediculous.

feels almost like throwing/lumping in traffic violators with drug dealers, rapist, and murders in same cells doesnt it?
since when do traffic violators get thrown into cells? Unless they have warrants for other offences or are DUI, no one who was simply speeding, or ran a redlight, or blew a stop sign will be arrested. And if you want to make that point, why would you say drug dealers should be put in with rapists and murderes? They didnt do anything violent, illegal yes, violent no

cops look out for each other ive seen it you know it the world knows it
absolutely just like firemen lookout for firemen, lawyers for lawyers, contractors for contractos, valet parkers for valet parkers, nuns for nuns. Its a similarity, common bond, dont act like its only cops who look out for cops.

I had a long night at work, im going to bed

Last edited by ls1ssws6; 12-22-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
I'm not sure why he called the K9 or asked to search your car, your behavior was not suspicious.

All you had was something covering the license plate and didn't answer one simple question...I don't get it.
agree. He seemed to have gone a little overboard with the K9 and such and his behavior though it was assholish wasnot suspicious. He answered all the questions straight forward and gave all information with no hassle.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

agree. He seemed to have gone a little overboard with the K9 and such and his behavior though it was assholish wasnot suspicious. He answered all the questions straight forward and gave all information with no hassle.
One time a statey (in nebraska) pulled my friend over for having a lanyard hanging from his mirror. We ended up getting the car searched, he called for two back ups, and all 5 of us got searched, not once, but twice. And as a passenger at the age of 23 i got a breath alyzer for some reason.

I guess they get bored here.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So let me get this straight OP....You brag about doing over 100 for 8 hours (150 in some cases) and not getting caught, your dad gets pulled over right before you for getting caught doing over 100 & you're enough of an ******* to pass someone on the shoulder because they aren't getting out of your way fast enough for you.....Then when a cop pulls you over because someone called to complain about your driving, and asks you nicely, you refuse to answer his SIMPLE questions, all the while intentionally having something covering your plate so that car cannot be identified. And you claim that "THEY" are messing with you right? Did I miss anything?

I especially like in the video how you stated: "He's pulling me over for something I didn't do." So then you did or didn't "blow by" someone on the shoulder? Which is it?

Sure, searching the vehicle may have been a little overboard, but here's a tip for you....If you don't act suspicious and cooperate in the first place, since he obivously had just cause for pulling you over, then maybe he wouldn't have bothered with the search. Just a thought.

Of'course then you wouldn't have been able to make your little "Watch me standing up for my rights video". If this was such a great stand by you against the injustice of the Nebraska HP, then where is the rest of the video?

Shay

Last edited by 98-mongooSSe; 12-22-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

simply put...if you dont stop...you dont get tickets..JMO
Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To bad you didnt tape the part where you were sitting their since you wouldnt let the cop search your car. While all the cars you were passing earlier passed right by you.

Last edited by JeaneZ28; 12-22-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

our job is to uphold the law, speeding is against the law so we pull cars over for speeding or reckless driving, we dont know its a cop before we pull them over. You want to try and stop a cop for speeding? Go ahead see how far you get. You do not have the authority to do that in your line of work (im assuming your not in LE because of your comments) So yea cops would probably just laugh at you if you tried to get them to slow down.
you just proved my point on how cops are *******.... by you being a cop does not give you any right to be a dick,*******, or a jerk to the public

"You want to try and stop a cop for speeding? Go ahead see how far you get. You do not have the authority to do that in your line of work (im assuming your not in LE because of your comments) So yea cops would probably just laugh at you if you tried to get them to slow down"

yes i dont have the authority to stop a cop but since when did you get your authority to become a jerk... if i have to obey the speed limit why shouldnt you.. ohh wait you have a badge i guess you can do what ever you like.. people like you and other cops should be put out on the street because you are worthless if you think you are better then me just because you have a badge

and you know the sayin it only takes ONE person to ruin it for everyone, well same goes for cops, it takes one bad cop to give the impression that all cops are bad, in which most cases most traffic/road cops are bad ignorent jerks
Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Wow OP, you sure showed him!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet!
Stand up for your rights!
any other video after?
hey. where can I get one of those radios that you have? pretty sweet!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is so much idiocy in this thread.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by witry
you just proved my point on how cops are *******.... by you being a cop does not give you any right to be a dick,*******, or a jerk to the public

"You want to try and stop a cop for speeding? Go ahead see how far you get. You do not have the authority to do that in your line of work (im assuming your not in LE because of your comments) So yea cops would probably just laugh at you if you tried to get them to slow down"

yes i dont have the authority to stop a cop but since when did you get your authority to become a jerk... if i have to obey the speed limit why shouldnt you.. ohh wait you have a badge i guess you can do what ever you like.. people like you and other cops should be put out on the street because you are worthless if you think you are better then me just because you have a badge

and you know the sayin it only takes ONE person to ruin it for everyone, well same goes for cops, it takes one bad cop to give the impression that all cops are bad, in which most cases most traffic/road cops are bad ignorent jerks
i prooved your point that cops are ******** because i said if you try to slow a cop down see how far it gets you? I do not think im tough or better than anyone all im saying is that it is our job to make sure people dont speed or drive reckless. Yes we do have more authority than you it is a fact. Does it make me an ******* by saying that?

how did i proove anything? i am a jerk now for saying see how far it gets you if you try to slow down a speeding cop? Its not being a jerk its common sense, ANY cop would probably give you **** for pulling up next to them and saying slwo down or do it however you see fit to make a cop slow down. I never once stated that I feel "better than you", i said we have more authority to uphold the law. I do not feel "better" than anyone cause of my badge, you are pulling things out of the air here. I treat everyone equally until they make me do otherwise.

wow if you think that since one cop is bad then all of them must be then you have some serious issues. Im sorry you generalize, i hope you can grow up and understand there are bad people in every industry but that doesnt mean everyone is bad.

Do i feel bad for cops who get jammed up doing stupid/illegal things? No. If you do something wrong, yes you should be punished for your actions and the fact they give a bad name to cops in general pisses me off.

Those firemen who made the lady strip in the firehouse, they are dumb for doing it, so you know what ALL firefighters are dumb because of them

Last edited by ls1ssws6; 12-22-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Launching!

OP acted foolishly. The actions you committed and admitted to do not make you look "cool". You acted like an idiot and endangered other peoples' lives. Oh yeah, "no one was around me", when you are traveling at 100+ mph anyone within a quarter mile is endangered by your actions. Blow a tire, cross the median and ruin someone else's life, including yours.

ls1ssws6, I'm glad to see another figure of the law out there with a good head on his/her shoulders. Members in my family have also been in law enforcement and look at the law very similar to how you do. This is what I grew up around and I know that there are 90% "good" officers out there who know their job and do it correctly.

Of course there are those who get out of line and do stupid stuff sometimes and it is unfortunate, but we should not generalize and stereotype based on these events. I can back you up in saying that there are not "quotas" from where I have been exposed to law enforcement. And to the person asking about pulling another officer over, YES this does happen. I have heard of numerous accounts and actions taken against these officers by other officers. Those who enforce the law properly do not put up with others taking advantage of the "power" given to them. They understand the meaning to protect and serve, without discrimination on race, gender, age, or line of work.

Quick Reply: Nebraska cops trying to mess with me