Originally Posted by dlove
I'm glad that I'm on gsxrtech.com here with everyone that knows what's up. rofl

You guys kill me. Makes me remember why I sold my camaro
u mad?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
They aren't just on ls1tech.com anymore.. Have you paid any attention to the idiots in town?
The idiots in my town are usually overweight, balding, sport bike riders that like to hang out at the Shell Gas station while their G/F pulls their shirt down over their muffin top...

not saying that's everyone, just the majority.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Is that a 2.5 or 5 lb bottle? I am guessing it does have a siphon tube due to it's orientation.
2.5 with a siphon

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
you sold your camaro bc of people's opinion on LS1tech??
I hate to tell you, but your average non-bike enthusiast is gonna think the bike looks odd bc a stretch that long is uncommon. Its the nature of the beast dude.
see what lemons said

Originally Posted by enigmah
Gl getting traction with that
I hear you. I have an aftermarket shock that I hope will help. I will need every bit of it.

What the hell is up with everyone having a problem with saying the majority of fbody owner are total ******* morons? At times almost as bad as some ricers. Nothing wrong with that, it is becoming more and more of a harsh truth everyday.

He is a mod, he helps the site out.. That is why he is still here and we should thank him for that.
this. when you can get an fbody for 4k. The crowd really starts to turn into ricers. I have been saying it for some time now, the fbody is the new 5.0 mustang.

Originally Posted by justin455
The idiots in my town are usually overweight, balding, sport bike riders that like to hang out at the Shell Gas station while their G/F pulls their shirt down over their muffin top...

not saying that's everyone, just the majority.
I'm jockey size.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.....Not too much respect for a moderator in here... He is being pretty lenient by at least not throwing out some warnings, I would have already.

Just because it is something you see everyday doesn't mean it is "stupid" or anything remotely close to the same nature. He is 100% correct about the current and future fbody crowd, this is the same reason why I have considered MANY times moving up to a vette (I just like the look of a Ws6 so much it is hard to justify).
I also don't think he did that to impress any non bike enthusiast, or bike enthusiasts for that matter.. I'd say it was more so he could run an ET at the track. When is the last time someone put a set of heads or an intake on their car to impress the minivan mom sitting at the red light?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To long of a stretch, and really not needed even for a liter bike with nitrous.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
that just looks weird...... props on the effort though
agreed, ruins look of bikes.

dlove how much **** did u push bak in @ 2k10?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Hmm...don't care for that look
Old 03-28-2010, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Personally I think the extension is too much for your purpose and rather should have done a shorter swing arm with a slightly wider tire and a quick removing wheelie bar (for days at the track) but that is just my opinion...for all the others that talk about looks...this is not meant for "looks" it is their for functional reasons...the same as a new welders welds...look like **** but still hold and get the job done
Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sorry, but this looks funny. I think Dlove's look is much more aggressive.

I guess people with no bike experience wouldn't understand.. I'm around bikes a **** ton.. In town and going to bike nights.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
9 Second Club

Bike looks great Dlove.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
agreed, ruins look of bikes.

dlove how much **** did u push bak in @ 2k10?
I bitched out due to the weather. Didn't feel like a 12 hour drive to experience the same weather back home.

Originally Posted by chevyman9306
Personally I think the extension is too much for your purpose and rather should have done a shorter swing arm with a slightly wider tire and a quick removing wheelie bar (for days at the track) but that is just my opinion...for all the others that talk about looks...this is not meant for "looks" it is their for functional reasons...the same as a new welders welds...look like **** but still hold and get the job done
Oh so what's my purpose since you seem to know all about the details on the bike...?

seriously wider tire....quick removing wheelie bar bawahahahahaha. dude I will admit I'm fairly "new" to the drag bike world. But that is some wack **** to say. This is not some harley drag bike....Look up how fast busa's and 1k's are going on stock size tires without any bars. ummmm 7's. Way faster than me btw.

Originally Posted by assassinz28
Bike looks great Dlove.
Thanks buddy!

btw, thanks lemons12. I understand how someone not involved in drag bikes would be like "huh"? I was the same way. They're bikes just like mine with stock tails that look really strange. But for the same guys to voice what they think it should be and how it should be, is the funny part.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks cool, but a stretch only does so much. Stops you from coming up, but no weight on that rear tire will just light it up like crazy, wheelie > fishtail at 100mph. Why not stretch it 6" and strap it? Either way, looks sick.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

I don't care how it looks, as long as it's fast!! Same goes for cars/trucks.
Got any vids of your bike in action?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

I'm sorry, but this looks funny. I think Dlove's look is much more aggressive.

I guess people with no bike experience wouldn't understand.. I'm around bikes a **** ton.. In town and going to bike nights.
You do realize that the bike you pictured can go around a corner without making a wide turn like a 35 foot straight truck right?

Looks good OP and I'm sure it rolls out, just a little over-the-top for my taste for a street ridden bike.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

btw, thanks lemons12. I understand how someone not involved in drag bikes would be like "huh"? I was the same way. They're bikes just like mine with stock tails that look really strange. But for the same guys to voice what they think it should be and how it should be, is the funny part.
No problem man, it just kills me... "Just not my taste", yada yada yada.. Why they don't understand it is for function is beyond me. Although, personally, I think it looks a ton better than stock!
It cracks me up... I know people that think my car looks funny when I put my skinnies on, especially for a street car. I Don't put them on to look good for people, I put them on for a function.
I guess when it comes to bikes people are more "ricer". Meaning they want a bike look good, regardless if it performs for its intended purpose.

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
You do realize that the bike you pictured can go around a corner without making a wide turn like a 35 foot straight truck right?

Looks good OP and I'm sure it rolls out, just a little over-the-top for my taste for a street ridden bike.
Really? Why couldn't it make a turn? I thought that was why people stretched them....

FWIW, I have seen people on stretched Busas leave people behind in the twisties on their slip on 600s.

This bike is purpose built, he obviously doesn't care how the bike performs in the twisties, it is for straight line performance. Most people consider that "lame" but it is what he likes. I'm the same way. Will I take my bike to the twisties and have fun, hell yea... But you better believe I want to race someone on the way there and on the way back.
Again, it wasn't done for looks, it was done for function.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Looks cool, but a stretch only does so much. Stops you from coming up, but no weight on that rear tire will just light it up like crazy, wheelie > fishtail at 100mph. Why not stretch it 6" and strap it? Either way, looks sick.
oh well ****. Thanks for the heads up, I guess...lol

btw the bike was 8'' over last year with a strap and would still come up

Originally Posted by Camaro Z

you do realize you are talking out your ***. What's the longest bike you have been on? I'm pretty sure, that I just rode around the block and had no trouble doing any low speed 90 degree corners.

lol this is so fun.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

you do realize you are talking out your ***. What's the longest bike you have been on? I'm pretty sure, that I just rode around the block and had no trouble doing any low speed 90 degree corners.

lol this is so fun.
Bull ****... You couldn't make it out of your driveway on that bike... Even if you did, that thing doesn't look like it belongs on the street.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

.....Not too much respect for a moderator in here... He is being pretty lenient by at least not throwing out some warnings, I would have already.

Just because it is something you see everyday doesn't mean it is "stupid" or anything remotely close to the same nature. He is 100% correct about the current and future fbody crowd, this is the same reason why I have considered MANY times moving up to a vette (I just like the look of a Ws6 so much it is hard to justify).
I also don't think he did that to impress any non bike enthusiast, or bike enthusiasts for that matter.. I'd say it was more so he could run an ET at the track. When is the last time someone put a set of heads or an intake on their car to impress the minivan mom sitting at the red light?
In your previous post I dunno what town you are talking about, I dont live anywhere near your town in TN. EVERY town is full of idiots and i choose to not be around them. Problem solved. And who said it looked "stupid"?? I personally have never seen a bike stretched that far so it looks odd to me, likely to others as well. The effort seemed commendable, and I stated that. As far as issuing warnings, well you dont start/keep up a website for slapping around people who dont like the way something looks on a car/bike. And as far as no respect for a moderator...nobody even brought that up except you. No one I saw stated he wasn't doing a good job as a moderator. And why would they? Thats irrelevant here.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is what a retarded looking stretched bike looks like. Difference, stock tail.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

oh well ****. Thanks for the heads up, I guess...lol

btw the bike was 8'' over last year with a strap and would still come up

lol this is so fun.
Sarcasm > You

No need to get defensive man, was just trying to make a point that a 70" bike isn't going to be a corner carving bike (obviously not what you built yours for) .

It was nothing against your bike, just that the other guy said a stock un-stretched bike looked like weird as obviously they are built for more than just straight line.

Quick Reply: new pics of my gsxr1000 at 70'' wheel base