Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Police helicopter films street race

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All i know is a couple of those guys got smoked. The first race, the guy put a couple of buslengths on that guy before he slowed down or something
Old 05-31-2010, 11:54 PM

Look how open and deserted those rodes are! That's heaven for any fast car owner.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The apache pic reminds me of the Top Gear episode with an Apache and a Lotus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCC7LrHu7cw
Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Teching In

This is directed at Joblo

I get where your coming from. Although you seem to ignore some other points I made earlier. There is a guy, named Greg Sanford, who has been trying to implement a track in and around the city of Lincoln & Omaha. He has agreed to pay 100% of the cost and they will not let him. In my opinion, this is the city giving a big "F U" to all motorsports enthusiasts in Nebraska.

Then with your insurance point. Risks are involved with you driving to work in the morning. What is the difference with us going out in the middle of nowhere and having a few races? Yes the risks are amplified, but we take out the innocent person factor.

And since you don't street race, how would you know what our racing is about (I think you've seen to many F&F movies). We don't street race to see who has a "bigger dick", we don't race for money and we don't do it because it's illegal. We race because it's what we enjoy doing. I would love to have a track that I could race at. I guarantee I would never street race again. But until this city pulls their head out, it's going to continue.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ttranssam
holy hell, id be pissed. the thing that really sucks is look where there at?...i just dont see any reason to screw with ppl like that. god i hate some cops, get a friggen life!
yeah I totally agree with that one, that's bullshit. If your out in the sticks who fn cares. As long as your not endangering anyone else and not in a residential area who cares. That's just lame.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
Was that on th PA turnpikke i laugh at them sings too
I gatta go plead for mercy here in 2 weeks for going 87 on the PA turnpike in my 06 GTO just bought the bitch that day too and was bringing her home from Phili LOL 13 miles from my house to boot
Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to know tax dollars are being used so effectively.

Cost of buying, maintaining and flying a helicopter > two exhibitions of speed tickets.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Ha, just found this thread.

I was supposed to be there that day, but had to work. Awesome video for sure
Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Ha, just found this thread.

I was supposed to be there that day, but had to work. Awesome video for sure
Old 06-11-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That is actually a great vid and story.

Pros and cons to everything when it comes to street racing. Place, time and lack of good judgment usually results in innocent people getting hurt, fined or both. Unfortunately that's the stigma of most street racing! My take is if the drivers and spectators are aware of the consequent of racing on the street there shouldn't be any whiners if things goes bad.

Their was a time here in SoCal in the early 2000's that certain county's street racing was so prevalent that local officials and law enforcement made a attempt to shut down various streets surrounding the local drag spots so the racers can have some sort of organization and safety instead of people at risk of getting busted trying to flee. Dumb idea or crazy like a fox!? Subsequently the racers slowly faded away from those racing spots.

The folks in the vid seem to make every attempt to keep it safe. Too bad the big brother in the sky watching otherwise nobody else would have known it took place.