Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2011 gt in the 9s already!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
You gotta admit the Camaro vid sounded better though!
I agree but we couldnt hear the 5.0
Old 06-19-2010, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrob56
I agree but we couldnt hear the 5.0
no but that rap was so kick a**
Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

NO RAP!@!!!!!!!!! Swap this for the one in post #1 please for all to enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avULeTJRgGU
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
NO RAP!@!!!!!!!!! Swap this for the one in post #1 please for all to enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avULeTJRgGU
that was a 10 sec pass. thats old news
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Launching!

damn impressive, but the camaro does sound better, put some cams in the 5.0 and lets hear her
Old 06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

**** Same car though, nabbed the wrong video link.

Just for the sound then

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36780
Post # 20

"His reasoning was that he didn't want anyone to hear what he has done to the car tuning-wise so he covered it with the music. Not my deal so I didn't ask.

In another related story.....I spoke with Rick Head of Exile Turbo Systems earlier this evening. Trial fitting of the Stealth GT Twin Turbo System to a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 will begin early next week."

Last edited by djsanchez2; 06-19-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

why put that annoying music in the video???? i kinda wanted to hear the car. either way its quick no matter how much spray its on. 9's is nines....
Old 06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

So its spraying 250? Other than the tune does it have any upgrades in the fuel system? Damn, very impressive for a car with paper plates still!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Smooth *** stock motor vs a cammed out motor heads and cam no contest any way you want to slice it or dice it! Camaro is light years behind..slow and heavy,1OOOHP what a joke the Mustang has paper plates lol!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything can be made to go fast. It's just a matter of your personal taste on what sheet metal surrounds you.

The 5.0 has great potential for sure. At least as much as the LS1 did when it debuted in '97. It will have a long life in the aftermarket and will see many awesome mods. I especially like it's potency considering the small displacement. The new 5.0 is pushing the Mustang GT down the 1/4 faster than the much larger Camaro SS power plant. However, the old adage rings true ... there's no replacement for displacement. Mod for mod, the Camaro will have an upper hand when people are spending there own hard-earned dollars in the aftermarket instead of the tuners, speed shops and magazines who are currently trying to make their name by being the first to do something right now.

I like the new Mustang GT and the new 5.0. But, seriously, are we going to see a new Mustang post from a Mustang owner who just joined every time a 5.0 runs a fast number?

To the OP -- I get it. You own a Mustang and you're excited because Ford is FINALLY giving you something to feel excited about. But really, did you need to join LS1tech.com this month just to post as many 5.0 vids as you can? Funny thing is you start calling others "haters" when they hadn't attacked you just because they wondered why LS1tech.com was suddenly home of nearly all new 5.0 media. I'm happy Ford is in the game for a fast and affordable (relatively) pony car again, but it's not that big of a deal. This game has been being played since the '60s. It's not like you designed the engine, built the car, or even own one for that matter. Settle down and just enjoy it for what it is -- a temporary claim of king of the hill. Next year either Dodge or Chevy will step up to take the title. It's a constant game of one-upping the competition.

Welcome to LS1tech.com, I think there are a lot of great people here with a whole lot of knowledge. I'm sure you'll like it here.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

^ Someone needs to make that a STICKY and post it at the top of the multimedia section!!!! VERY WELL PUT
Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

C'mon... This video was "breakthrough" territory and everyone knows it.

If you don't know what the other guys are doing, where are your goals? Sure, there have been some pointless threads, but seeing 9's happen so soon with a new car is impressive, particularly with stock internals. This one was worthy of note. We're actually getting to see what this new power plant is capable and soon we'll probably see its limits.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by toneloc60
Anything can be made to go fast. It's just a matter of your personal taste on what sheet metal surrounds you.

The 5.0 has great potential for sure. At least as much as the LS1 did when it debuted in '97. It will have a long life in the aftermarket and will see many awesome mods. I especially like it's potency considering the small displacement. The new 5.0 is pushing the Mustang GT down the 1/4 faster than the much larger Camaro SS power plant. However, the old adage rings true ... there's no replacement for displacement. Mod for mod, the Camaro will have an upper hand when people are spending there own hard-earned dollars in the aftermarket instead of the tuners, speed shops and magazines who are currently trying to make their name by being the first to do something right now.

I like the new Mustang GT and the new 5.0. But, seriously, are we going to see a new Mustang post from a Mustang owner who just joined every time a 5.0 runs a fast number?

To the OP -- I get it. You own a Mustang and you're excited because Ford is FINALLY giving you something to feel excited about. But really, did you need to join LS1tech.com this month just to post as many 5.0 vids as you can? Funny thing is you start calling others "haters" when they hadn't attacked you just because they wondered why LS1tech.com was suddenly home of nearly all new 5.0 media. I'm happy Ford is in the game for a fast and affordable (relatively) pony car again, but it's not that big of a deal. This game has been being played since the '60s. It's not like you designed the engine, built the car, or even own one for that matter. Settle down and just enjoy it for what it is -- a temporary claim of king of the hill. Next year either Dodge or Chevy will step up to take the title. It's a constant game of one-upping the competition.

Welcome to LS1tech.com, I think there are a lot of great people here with a whole lot of knowledge. I'm sure you'll like it here.
first off thats the first thread i have ever started about the new mustang on any site. i saw it on the svt site and thought it was interesting that its already in the 9s. and thought some of you may like to see it as well.

and yes i'm ready to see some new gt owners post up some times, and some on the svt already have which was 12.7 i believe.

second off, what makes you think i'm excited about the new mustang?!?!? i have abosolutely no intentions of buying one. if i bought a new muscle car it would be the ss before i buy the mustang. i dont really care for the looks of the mustang. but either way i'm not paying that much for either one of them.

and third, i joined ls1 tech cause i been thinking of getting a ls camaro soon, and like to see what mods are the best and what peoples cars run that way i could get a idea of what i could do to my ls1 "if i get one" to make it run like i want.

and yes people have attacked me for having a ford being on ls1 tech. power is power no matter what brand it is. i like to talk about cars, and thought this would be a good place to join thinking there are some like minded individuals like me that just like going fast and talking about cars. but i can see your not of them, your one of the ls owners that walk around thinking your all high and mighty like your **** dont stink "like some of the 03 04 term guys".

as far as you say its not like i designed the motor your right. i never did or ever claimed too. dont think you designed the ls motor either.

i'm not saying all ls or term guys are that way. if you or anyone else dont like me being on ls1 tech because i got a ford, i dont give a f***. i'm here to stay so you can get over it. if you dont like seeing what i post then dont read it or reply to it.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Smooth *** stock motor vs a cammed out motor heads and cam no contest any way you want to slice it or dice it! Camaro is light years behind..slow and heavy,1OOOHP what a joke the Mustang has paper plates lol!
What does it having paper plates matter with how fast it is LOL. Still rather have the cammed heavy camaro over the 5.0 sorry. Not really sold on the looks of the new mustang but thats my opinion.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Very impressive, ive yet to even see one of these on the road yet...
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12

Music ruined the video.
Agreed. With videos like this, I want to hear the car. Not lame music.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

I am much more interested in seeing what times these cars run stock or with bolt-ons. I could care less what a car does downing a 300 shot of nitrous or 25lbs. of boost, although at this point I realize it's all about being the first to run a number. I do like the modular 5.0 Stang, maybe even more than the Camaro tank.

Larry
Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
I am much more interested in seeing what times these cars run stock or with bolt-ons. I could care less what a car does downing a 300 shot of nitrous or 25lbs. of boost, although at this point I realize it's all about being the first to run a number. I do like the modular 5.0 Stang, maybe even more than the Camaro tank.

Larry
I agree..
Old 06-20-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 31camaro
damn impressive, but the camaro does sound better, put some cams in the 5.0 and lets hear her
Originally Posted by djsanchez2
**** Same car though, nabbed the wrong video link.

Just for the sound then

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36780
Post # 20

"His reasoning was that he didn't want anyone to hear what he has done to the car tuning-wise so he covered it with the music. Not my deal so I didn't ask.

In another related story.....I spoke with Rick Head of Exile Turbo Systems earlier this evening. Trial fitting of the Stealth GT Twin Turbo System to a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 will begin early next week."
Originally Posted by SSmoken
why put that annoying music in the video???? i kinda wanted to hear the car. either way its quick no matter how much spray its on. 9's is nines....
Originally Posted by Ke^in
Agreed. With videos like this, I want to hear the car. Not lame music.
What if he unlocked the cam timing in the tune, and didn't want anyone to hear it
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

There are other videos of it without the lame music.