Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2011 gt in the 9s already!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if it is a Ford, who cares its nice to see our American automakers finally getting back in the game!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

No shizzle

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

I would rather have the camaro simply because it's trapping nearly 145mph.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe
first off thats the first thread i have ever started about the new mustang on any site. i saw it on the svt site and thought it was interesting that its already in the 9s. and thought some of you may like to see it as well.

and yes i'm ready to see some new gt owners post up some times, and some on the svt already have which was 12.7 i believe.

second off, what makes you think i'm excited about the new mustang?!?!? i have abosolutely no intentions of buying one. if i bought a new muscle car it would be the ss before i buy the mustang. i dont really care for the looks of the mustang. but either way i'm not paying that much for either one of them.

and third, i joined ls1 tech cause i been thinking of getting a ls camaro soon, and like to see what mods are the best and what peoples cars run that way i could get a idea of what i could do to my ls1 "if i get one" to make it run like i want.

and yes people have attacked me for having a ford being on ls1 tech. power is power no matter what brand it is. i like to talk about cars, and thought this would be a good place to join thinking there are some like minded individuals like me that just like going fast and talking about cars. but i can see your not of them, your one of the ls owners that walk around thinking your all high and mighty like your **** dont stink "like some of the 03 04 term guys".

as far as you say its not like i designed the motor your right. i never did or ever claimed too. dont think you designed the ls motor either.

i'm not saying all ls or term guys are that way. if you or anyone else dont like me being on ls1 tech because i got a ford, i dont give a f***. i'm here to stay so you can get over it. if you dont like seeing what i post then dont read it or reply to it.
Wow, there's a lot of hostility there.

Let me apologize about saying you started more than one 2011 GT thread. I was mistaken and I'm sorry for it.

Other than that, I'm not really sure why you're so defensive. I'm not sure what you're talking about with me being "high and mighty." I'm also not sure why you told me to get over you being on here seeing as I've welcomed you.

Calm down. Seems you're making some assumptions and resorting to lashing out because you feel a need to defend yourself. I'm telling you this, there's no need.

Just a couple last little notes; 1.) I've been saying I like the new 5.0. 2.) I've not said anything about the LS engines being better than the 5.0. 3.) I'm not attacking you. 4.) I'm not a brand loyalist (I own a 2009 F150)

So, again, I'd like to tell you I am not mad at you. I don't have a grudge against you. I am not attacking you. ----------And, in all sincerity, I'd like to tell you I'm sorry for hard feelings and welcome to LS1tech.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by toneloc60
Wow, there's a lot of hostility there.

Let me apologize about saying you started more than one 2011 GT thread. I was mistaken and I'm sorry for it.

Other than that, I'm not really sure why you're so defensive. I'm not sure what you're talking about with me being "high and mighty." I'm also not sure why you told me to get over you being on here seeing as I've welcomed you.

Calm down. Seems you're making some assumptions and resorting to lashing out because you feel a need to defend yourself. I'm telling you this, there's no need.

Just a couple last little notes; 1.) I've been saying I like the new 5.0. 2.) I've not said anything about the LS engines being better than the 5.0. 3.) I'm not attacking you. 4.) I'm not a brand loyalist (I own a 2009 F150)

So, again, I'd like to tell you I am not mad at you. I don't have a grudge against you. I am not attacking you. ----------And, in all sincerity, I'd like to tell you I'm sorry for hard feelings and welcome to LS1tech.
no need to apologize. i'm not hostile either. just a misunderstanding between us. my only reason for starting this thread was cause it was already in the 9s and was impressed, reguardless of the mods or if its on a 50 shot or a 500 shot lol. these manufactuers nowadays are building some awesome cars. they just to damn heavy. lol
Old 06-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Launching!

yeah, way too heavy. You can thank the damn crumple zones, 10 airbags and emissions devices for that. The new cars have to have 400+ HP just to be able to get out of their own way! LOL.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

yeah, way too heavy. You can thank the damn crumple zones, 10 airbags and emissions devices for that. The new cars have to have 400+ HP just to be able to get out of their own way! LOL.
for real lol. motors getting bigger power and is increasing, but wheels and car getting bigger too. they just need put the bare nesicitys on them. and come with some factory 15x10 and 15x3s. and weigh 3200lbs race weight. i'd go buy one then lol
Old 06-20-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats to Ford, gotta have respect for the new engine. LOL that guy is shifting the hell outa that new 6 speed getrag too. My ford buddy will be proud.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Launching!

I'd be a buyer if they offered a car you can license that was basically stripped down of all luxuries and offered in the mid $20s. I'd like to see no more than 3200 pounds.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd be a buyer if they offered a car you can license that was basically stripped down of all luxuries and offered in the mid $20s. I'd like to see no more than 3200 pounds.

Good luck
Old 06-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Good luck
If we can put men on the moon ...
Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

We know cars can be built that light... We've had them for decades. Problem is, obviously, the government has its grubby fingers in everybody's pie, forcing this and that in the name of safety, economy and emissions. We end up burning more fuel, using more energy and being more cramped in many cases... but cars are safer!

Hmm... I wonder what a Cobra R would do in today's configuration? No radio, no rear seat, no A/C, no power windows, lightweight parts... That could be a 3200 lb version without much additional help, built much like the 2000 model. I still wouldn't buy one, and it would probably be more expensive than a well optioned GT, but it would be a good performer.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Launching!

I'd be a buyer for nearly anything American made that is 3200 lbs or less with 350+ HP in the $25K range. When that starts being provided, I'll start buying. Till then, I'll admire these high HP heavy cars from a distance.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Launching!

I'd be a buyer for nearly anything American made that is 3200 lbs or less with 350+ HP in the $25K range. When that starts being provided, I'll start buying. Till then, I'll admire these high HP heavy cars from a distance.
Thanks for buyin' a new F-150... Was your's built at KCAP or Detroit? I work at KCAP... Of course, I'm on the SUV side.

EVERYONE should buy American in this country...
Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
http://www.mustangheaven.com/2010/st...5-0-in-the-9s/

"How did they do it you might ask–well Strictly Performance swapped out the stock six-speed transmission for a C4 and than added a direct port nitrous system along with a custom prototype tune. A set of upper and lower control arms along with Bogart racing wheels kept this Mustang GT screaming down the drag strip. On the dyno the 5.0-liter engine threw down an insane 656rwhp which comes courtesy of the nitrous. How about the stock block holding up under those conditions, not bad at all."

So what is that a 250 shot? Most others put down 400 with basic mods and a tune right?
Theres no C4 in that car!! Still a 6 speed!!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
Thanks for buyin' a new F-150... Was your's built at KCAP or Detroit? I work at KCAP... Of course, I'm on the SUV side.

EVERYONE should buy American in this country...
It was built at KCAP! And, you're welcome. There were a number of reasons I bought the F-150 (my first ever Ford), but one of the big reasons was the blue oval didn't take any government money. I love this country and the capitalist ideas it used to stand for. I will always spend my dollars in a way to support America, her ideals and her people.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 AM
***Repost Police***

I spend my money on whatever suits my wants/needs best. No matter what country it comes from.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was built at KCAP! And, you're welcome. There were a number of reasons I bought the F-150 (my first ever Ford), but one of the big reasons was the blue oval didn't take any government money. I love this country and the capitalist ideas it used to stand for. I will always spend my dollars in a way to support America, her ideals and her people.
Not to be a stickler, but Ford took money and loans from the government way before the GM or Chrysler did, they were just ahead of the curve in that respect.

I have found myself agreeing lately though, I'm not even from here and I prefer to buy American.

I heard an interesting saying the other day "if you are not buying domestic, you are the trade deficit". Extreme? Probably, but still interesting.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

very good results for a car that just came out. Sounds like it will be a strong running motor
Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Not to be a stickler, but Ford took money and loans from the government way before the GM or Chrysler did, they were just ahead of the curve in that respect.
From what our Union paper told us the loans they got were from "private investors" not the government. Although they rent the plant from the government for only a dollar a year for tax reasons. Also, they are paying their loans off.

Here's one thing I'm kinda stuck on the fence about.
They're trying to aprove $20mil of the stimulus to help out manufacturing jobs here in Mo. The paper says that us local Ford Union workers pay over $20mill in state taxes a year. So, really they'd be giving FoMoCo money to help them out... I'm undecided on how I feel about this.

What I can say is our plant has the best production numbers and quality numbers out of any auto assembly plant in the country. Unlike other plants in the area and around the country, we aren't pamperd either. There's no A/C nor TV's like most of the GM plants. Friday night it was close to 120* in there...