Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

OK that was stupid Top Gear Camaro SS vs E63 AMG????

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lazylongboarder
It's entertaining to see the denial on this site. I don't like seeing my team bashed either, but the MB spanked the SS.
Unless I read over it, I honestly have not seen any denial. I don't think (or atleast hope not) that anyone thought the Camaro would be faster around a race track, or a better car, just like I wouldn't expect the MB to be quicker than a 911 Turbo or be a better car.

American cars are critiqued the same as any other vehicle.
Not on TopGear they're not...

You just don't like the harsh truth. If GM charges "Xxxxx$" for a vehicle and puts plastic ***** and cheesy attention getting gimmicks, it'll be pointed out, aka clear motor window in zr1's hood,
Me personally (I don't know if this is directed at anyone else in the thread), I don't mind the truth being pointed out. Cheasy, cheap interior, flimsy unsupportive seats and the see through hood suck, I agree.
the rear 'plastic' fascia and road noise of the vettes.
Its this that bothers me, the "pretend" truth.
AGAIN, the rear of the Corvette is SUPPOSED TO FLEX. Ferraris do this as well and you will never see TopGear pointing this out.
This would be like complaining that you can't pop the tires because they are runflats
You WANT it to flex so when some idiot bumps you you're not left with a dent or cracked panel.
Who said GM engineered the Corvette to be the quietest car out there? You can complain about noise all you want but the fact of the matter is its a sports car, not a luxury car.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does know one realize that $40k GBP = ~$61k USD

would you pay that for a camaro - HELL NO.

Actually I am kind of disappointed in the performance of the new camaro. It weighs to much, the suspension is too tame and because of it's weight it really doesn't have as much power as it should IMO. Hell the new 5.0 keeps up or wins

and again, PLEASE! Put an exhaust on the car!

I would take the E63 in a heartbeat lol.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD_AMG

Its this that bothers me, the "pretend" truth.
AGAIN, the rear of the Corvette is SUPPOSED TO FLEX. Ferraris do this as well and you will never see TopGear pointing this out.
This would be like complaining that you can't pop the tires because they are runflats
You WANT it to flex so when some idiot bumps you you're not left with a dent or cracked panel.
Who said GM engineered the Corvette to be the quietest car out there? You can complain about noise all you want but the fact of the matter is its a sports car, not a luxury car.
I'm thinkin' about going to the local Ferrari dealership and checkin' that out... That would be great to put a video of the on tube for those idiots to see!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1998MysticZ28
anyone know where i can watch this? they took it off youtube
Wondering the same...
Old 07-24-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

There are several places you can watch it.

I suggest using a torrent or direct download.

There's a forum called FinalGear. It has regular video offers in both formats within hours of the shows airing.

Quick Reply: OK that was stupid Top Gear Camaro SS vs E63 AMG????