Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

anyone got a video of slp loudmouth dumped

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got a video of slp loudmouth dumped

i was wondering what a slp loudmouth dumped would sound like..what about putting the loudmouth in replace of the stock muffler with a turn down..anyone with loudmouth dumped
Old 09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a cutout right after the LM2 resonator. Long tubes with no cats, ill try getting you a clip of that
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess that can be considered "dumped" but its really just ending the exhaust a few inches early. What people would normally consider dumps are before the axle, ending a foot or 2 early.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the loudmouth resanator is not in place of the stock muffler. its before the axle. the "LM" that came on SS's and Hawks is different and IS in the location of the stock exhaust because those use mufflers, unlike the aftermarket versions. my cutout is about a foot before the axle. i'll still try to shoot you a clip.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know that the slp loudmouth belongs under the car in the middle of the exhaust. i seen a guy on here once that had the resonator (slp loudmouth) located by the stock muffler location. i am wondering what it may sound like located near the back of the car instead of the middle. The resonator would have a turn down on it...
Old 09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Well your mods say you have an x pipe so heres a true dual setup dumped....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq8EvNSvu9A
Old 09-16-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by layz
i know that the slp loudmouth belongs under the car in the middle of the exhaust. i seen a guy on here once that had the resonator (slp loudmouth) located by the stock muffler location. i am wondering what it may sound like located near the back of the car instead of the middle. The resonator would have a turn down on it...
rather loud. my friend had a similar set up on his 30th annv. he had a lot of drone, so he just routed it straight out the back.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

i am wanting to go catback. trade mine for something catback. someone on here said they had a catback with slp loudmouth in replace of where the stock muffler was. thats what i want to hear if someone has it..
Old 09-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by layz
i am wanting to go catback. trade mine for something catback. someone on here said they had a catback with slp loudmouth in replace of where the stock muffler was. thats what i want to hear if someone has it..
seriously take your flowmasters off run it open x pipe for awhile and later on buy dynomax bullets,SLP LM resonators,classic chambered powersticks or what ever. Y pipe setups sound ok no matter what catback setup. But true duals is where its at.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Honestly, im running longtubes with an open x, and i feel like its not nearly as loud as i want it. I might go with Loudmouth1's but more then likely ill go with dynomax.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eh, I wouldn't dump it under the car if you drive it a lot. It's tolerable, but you will enjoy it much more if you run it out back over the axle. (especially if you sit in traffic at all, our "recirculating" AC isn't the best)
Old 09-20-2010, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like crap
Old 09-20-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car at once had headers, 3" offroad y pipe and a SLP resonator at the end of the y pipe dumped at the axle. It sounded good for a few days then got really ******* annoying, way to loud. It was obnoxious. Just put a cutout in your catbacks i pipe

Quick Reply: anyone got a video of slp loudmouth dumped