Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The car You Love to hate!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how mustang owners/nut swingers are always posting about how the BRAND NEW 2011 5.0L is always "stomping" our 8-12yo. cars....makes me wonder who the REAL hater is.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverM6TA
I love how mustang owners/nut swingers are always posting about how the BRAND NEW 2011 5.0L is always "stomping" our 8-12yo. cars....makes me wonder who the REAL hater is.
agree
took them how long to come out with it?

anyways nice SHOP car that can only be driven at the track. pretty impressive but Ive been impressed by the lsx platform for the pass decade +.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:13 AM
12 Second Club

Agree with what was said about this being a GM site. Have no idea why ford guys are on here except to troll.

With that said, I have no problem with the 5.0 mustang. It's a great car with a very capable motor. If I was going to buy a new car right now, truth be told, it would be the Mustang 5.0 GT. Being a GM fan though, I hope the supercharged Z28 is out by the time I'm looking to buy in 3 years or so.

However I still choose a LS1 Gen F-body over a 4.6 Mustang (4th or 5th) anyday. Why? Because of pure power production and cost. Regardless of how you slice it, a 4.6 powered Mustang will always fall short of a equally modded LS1 F-body.

It's sad to because growing up the Mustang 4th gen was my favorite car. If it wasn't so underpowered, I would probably be a Ford enthusiast because it would have been my first Muscle Car. But at least Ford finally developed an engine worthy of being in a muscle car!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Launching!

Well what does it matter they are doing it now...
Old 10-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nhraracer
Agree with what was said about this being a GM site. Have no idea why ford guys are on here except to troll.

With that said, I have no problem with the 5.0 mustang. It's a great car with a very capable motor. If I was going to buy a new car right now, truth be told, it would be the Mustang 5.0 GT. Being a GM fan though, I hope the supercharged Z28 is out by the time I'm looking to buy in 3 years or so.

However I still choose a LS1 Gen F-body over a 4.6 Mustang (4th or 5th) anyday. Why? Because of pure power production and cost. Regardless of how you slice it, a 4.6 powered Mustang will always fall short of a equally modded LS1 F-body.

It's sad to because growing up the Mustang 4th gen was my favorite car. If it wasn't so underpowered, I would probably be a Ford enthusiast because it would have been my first Muscle Car. But at least Ford finally developed an engine worthy of being in a muscle car!
Well the 4.6 was never the equal that's for sure but in the right hands it would hang or beat a bolt on ls1 like it or not. It takes a smarter person to make it hang with an LS motor the ls motor def changed the game. Any idiot could make the Ls car run good with just bolt on. That's why the new 5.0 is bad ***. Its better than the ls1 right out of the box.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Well the 4.6 was never the equal that's for sure but in the right hands it would hang or beat a bolt on ls1 like it or not. It takes a smarter person to make it hang with an LS motor the ls motor def changed the game. Any idiot could make the Ls car run good with just bolt on. That's why the new 5.0 is bad ***. Its better than the ls1 right out of the box.
First, why would I want the engine that takes a "smart" person to make it "hang" with the LS1? What's the advantage in that other than to rub your own ego? It also increases your chance of error. That's like owning a complicated TV remote instead of one that just does what you need just so you can say you can operate it.

Second, I didn't compare nor mention bolt-on LS1s vs 4.6s. I compared Equally modded LS1s vs. 4.6s. Any LS1 F-body (properly driven as well!) with the same level of mods (not only the same mods but the same caliber of modification. Similar lift cams, similar blowers, similar PSI etc) will always out run a 4.6 Mustang.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:20 AM
Launching!

First, why would I want the engine that takes a "smart" person to make it "hang" with the LS1? What's the advantage in that other than to rub your own ego? It also increases your chance of error. That's like owning a complicated TV remote instead of one that just does what you need just so you can say you can operate it.

Second, I didn't compare nor mention bolt-on LS1s vs 4.6s. I compared Equally modded LS1s vs. 4.6s. Any LS1 F-body (properly driven as well!) with the same level of mods (not only the same mods but the same caliber of modification. Similar lift cams, similar blowers, similar PSI etc) will always out run a 4.6 Mustang.
Not the new 5.0 it wont. Times have changed, although the ls1 changed the game but now maybe vise versa! You just have to accept it or sell out and go with the crowd lol!4.6 stock fms blower 6 psi boost with a 3k stall = 10.30's all day long a/c full interior, you just need to know about cars. Ls1 's are no joke as well.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:28 AM
12 Second Club

Not the new 5.0 it wont.
You just have to accept it or sell out and go with the crowd

. I compared Equally modded LS1s vs. 4.6s.

Furthermore...2 posts ago

Originally Posted by Nhraracer
With that said, I have no problem with the 5.0 mustang. It's a great car with a very capable motor. If I was going to buy a new car right now, truth be told, it would be the Mustang 5.0 GT
Read my posts in their entirety. Stop responding to things I didn't say and ignoring things I did
Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Launching!

Furthermore...2 posts ago

Read my posts in their entirety. Stop responding to things I didn't say and ignoring things I did
You need to make your self more clear...you really haven't contributed anything worth while to this discussion. Elaborate please? and this is'nt your thread to question anyway...
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 AM
12 Second Club

You need to make your self more clear...you really haven't contributed anything worth while to this discussion. Elaborate please?
My posts are plenty clear, if you actually read them and not cherry pick/distort them.

I have simply given my opinion on the 5.0 Mustang (as well as responded to the distortion of my posts), as many others have done, and that is plenty worthwhile.

Since you couldn't follow my thoughts in my original posts, you require simplification, not elaboration. So here it is

I was disappointed in the 4.6 when I was looking to buy a muscle car so I got into 4th Gen F-bodies
4.6 Powered Mustang < LS1 Powered F-body
After the long drought, I am happy that Ford finally made a motor worthwile in the 5.0
The 2011 5.0 Mustang is awesome. Would be the car I would choose right now
Hopefully the new Z28 will be better by the time I'm looking to buy

and this is'nt your thread to question anyway
This is a thread on LS1tech in a public section and I may comment as I wish so long as I remain within the rules of the board. Just because you started the thread does not mean you get to decide the content of the posts in it.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:56 AM
On The Tree

I'm a Mustang owner that likes your site.

Not here to troll, just like seeing how the other half lives.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

To be honest I've owned 9 F-body's and 1 Fox. If I was spending my hard earned on a new car the new 5.0 would be a strong consideration. It just flat out performs.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Fanboy? I'm not exactly a Ford fan either, so you must just be blind. There are tons of members on here (and quite a few mods) that have no problem with me whatsoever. So it looks like you're on a short list of people that doesn't like me. So... either deal with it, or
I'm not going anywhere. I own an LS car and have spent several $1000
with sponsors on this site, can you say either? Didn't think so.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bones Z28
LOL! That's how I feel.

So basically....the OP is asking lets see a stock F-Body run 9s in comparison to a tune procharged stang.

Well I have one for you SIR! Lets see a stock Mustang pull numbers like these!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsjFC...eature=related
so a stock ls1 with a blower makes that much power still didnt see 9s though

and ls owners have been doing the exact same thing comparing the all mighty ls engine to the fox bodys whopping 205 flywheel hp for years

i like both brands, however i think there is alot done to the mustang in the video, a bolton car with a blower is not gonna drag the rear bumper...
Old 10-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread was bad from the get-go, but some bitches ruined it.

Way to go internet tough guys.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Its better than the ls1 right out of the box.
ummmm HELLO!?!?!? the ls1 is THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!

how stupid are you?
Old 10-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Launching!

the new mustang is a far superior car to our fbodys. no question. I figured that out when someone posted a vid of a bolt-on 5.0 spanking a cammed T/A. but at the same time there is no reason to go around trolling.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSmoken
ummmm HELLO!?!?!? the ls1 is THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!

how stupid are you?
The ls1 might be old but still a motor to be respected. Guess I shouldn't be so argumentative lol!: No need to start with the personal insults bro.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

Well I think the only way to solve the problem is for me to go hunt down some 5.0's put a hurtin on em and go post it on some mustang boards. Then ill make a stupid title like "the car you should have bought" and cause alot of controversy.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

The ls1 might be old but still a motor to be respected. Guess I shouldn't be so argumentative lol!: No need to start with the personal insults bro.
ok well what if i come back in 13 years posting about the latest gm motor and saying how its sooooo much better than the 5.0? these cars are badass but its pretty obvious that they improve things with time.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So after 2002, it took ford 8+ years to build a bad *** ford to beat a ls1 camaro. Thats R&D fo yo ***.