Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I actually LoL'ed when it started playing Vanilla Ice
Yep 'Ice Ice Baby"
Old 10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
So after 2002, it took ford 8+ years to build a bad *** ford to beat a ls1 camaro. Thats R&D fo yo ***.
The '03 Cobra actually came out in 2002...so your whole 8+ years statement is incorrect.

Regarding the 5.0 running 8's, that's always a respectable number.

People who complain about "shop cars" are funny to me. Anybody can modify a car just like a shop would, but anything a "shop car" does has an asterisk next to the run. Please.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Without reading the pissing and moaning in this thread.. that car is freaking sick.. I love the new 5.0s the power they are making with such few mods is amazing. Although the OP did open a can of worms with all the **** talking, that car was most certainly given a nice bit of parts.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
The '03 Cobra actually came out in 2002...so your whole 8+ years statement is incorrect.

Regarding the 5.0 running 8's, that's always a respectable number.

People who complain about "shop cars" are funny to me. Anybody can modify a car just like a shop would, but anything a "shop car" does has an asterisk next to the run. Please.
Actually its not incorrect cuz its not comparing supercharger to N/A.. Its N/A vs N/A. Im really surprised that Ford didnt create something like it sooner. Seems like they got lazy the whole time and just slapped a supercharger on and called it a day.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

The back tire doesn't know if it's N/A or F.I, horsepower is horsepower.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Heater
The back tire doesn't know if it's N/A or F.I, horsepower is horsepower.
The discussion is about the car not having a power adder. Why add fuel to the fire?
Old 10-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSmoken
ok well what if i come back in 13 years posting about the latest gm motor and saying how its sooooo much better than the 5.0? these cars are badass but its pretty obvious that they improve things with time.
Well i guess maybe we will see who is on the band wagon after all the **** talk-en, now ls1 owners have to take it instead of dishing it out. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house! I will buy you some p-jelly to put on your hurting bung hole!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nhraracer
First, why would I want the engine that takes a "smart" person to make it "hang" with the LS1? What's the advantage in that other than to rub your own ego? It also increases your chance of error. That's like owning a complicated TV remote instead of one that just does what you need just so you can say you can operate it.

Second, I didn't compare nor mention bolt-on LS1s vs 4.6s. I compared Equally modded LS1s vs. 4.6s. Any LS1 F-body (properly driven as well!) with the same level of mods (not only the same mods but the same caliber of modification. Similar lift cams, similar blowers, similar PSI etc) will always out run a 4.6 Mustang.
It's called the love of being the under dog not being like everybody else hence the term being original lol! But not trying to disrespect the true drag racing ls motor guy's you guy's def set a president, much respect.

Last edited by kennyxg; 10-17-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nhraracer
My posts are plenty clear, if you actually read them and not cherry pick/distort them.

I have simply given my opinion on the 5.0 Mustang (as well as responded to the distortion of my posts), as many others have done, and that is plenty worthwhile.

Since you couldn't follow my thoughts in my original posts, you require simplification, not elaboration. So here it is

I was disappointed in the 4.6 when I was looking to buy a muscle car so I got into 4th Gen F-bodies
4.6 Powered Mustang < LS1 Powered F-body
After the long drought, I am happy that Ford finally made a motor worthwile in the 5.0
The 2011 5.0 Mustang is awesome. Would be the car I would choose right now
Hopefully the new Z28 will be better by the time I'm looking to buy

This is a thread on LS1tech in a public section and I may comment as I wish so long as I remain within the rules of the board. Just because you started the thread does not mean you get to decide the content of the posts in it.
Pretty sure I started the topic and clarified that I was wrong in some areas. If you don't like the thread don't look at it and start your own thread about what you think.

Last edited by kennyxg; 10-17-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
Without reading the pissing and moaning in this thread.. that car is freaking sick.. I love the new 5.0s the power they are making with such few mods is amazing. Although the OP did open a can of worms with all the **** talking, that car was most certainly given a nice bit of parts.
I did and it was wrong,I respect your post .
Old 10-17-2010, 03:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Well i guess maybe we will see who is on the band wagon after all the **** talk-en, now ls1 owners have to take it instead of dishing it out. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house! I will buy you some p-jelly to put on your hurting bung hole!
Uhhh what?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSmoken
Uhhh what?
Damn you need a hearing aid lol!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kennyxg
now ls1 owners have to take it instead of dishing it out.
we have to take what? these motors arent from the same generation / decade as ls1's so your statement makes no sense.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
So after 2002, it took ford 8+ years to build a bad *** ford to beat a ls1 camaro. Thats R&D fo yo ***.
Originally Posted by Ws6 Love
Actually its not incorrect cuz its not comparing supercharger to N/A.. Its N/A vs N/A.
See above. He didn't mention anything about comparing a supercharger to a naturally aspirated engine. He said "so after 2002, it took ford 8+ years to build a bad *** ford to beat a ls1 camaro" which is an incorrect statement, as I said. It's irrelevant though since it's 2010, not 2002 or 2003. That fact of the matter is that the 5.0 is a badass car.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Brand vs brand pissing matches are such a waste of time. For all GM advocates, this mustang is legit. Give it credit. With the weight and the hp, its leading its segment at the present time IMO. That being said, I still think the OP is a trolling douche.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Teching In

The new mustang is by far the best priced performance car on the market right now.They sticker around the same price as our ls car's did 10 years ago.The mustang in this video is in no way a representation of any car we are going to meet up with on the street under normal circumstances.If we only knew how much money was really invested in that car? Again I will say the new 5.0 is badass, but come on guys lets think from some kind of a budget. He probably has 80-100 grand in that car. The ls cars are what the mustangs have been,you can now buy them affordably and there is alot of used race parts floating around for them at a reasonable price.We have to give ford some credit for the new mustang,but nobody stay's on top for long.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Uuuuugh... Far from stock much?? And yes, almost ANY V8 can run 8's blown with a built motor.. F-Body OR Stang..
Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
See above. He didn't mention anything about comparing a supercharger to a naturally aspirated engine. He said "so after 2002, it took ford 8+ years to build a bad *** ford to beat a ls1 camaro" which is an incorrect statement, as I said. It's irrelevant though since it's 2010, not 2002 or 2003. That fact of the matter is that the 5.0 is a badass car.
lol We all know what he meant. He said 8+yrs.. meaning he wasnt talking about the cobras but just a regular N/A mustang.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

IM going to go ahead and say this.... I raced a 2011 California Special 5.0 with a whipple and few other mods on it. The kids said he was in 56k and had 6-8k in mods. I have longtubes, slp maf, k&n cai, built 4l60e, and 4.11's. We went from a 40 roll (because he said he has 650rwhp....yeah ok) but anyways i got jump on him held it for a little then he started pulling and pulled about car and a half on me. second race same thing pretty much. I was expecting for him to walk and walk and walk on me and not be a race. He raced my buddy with low 12 second WRX and beat my buddy by 1 car. THe stang looked good and sounded nasty but i was very unimpressed considering for 1 its a new 5.0 and 2nd that it had a whipple on it. The kid was a good driver no doubt he shifted fast and on point and was rapping out the rpms good. My sig says TSP heads but they arent on yet btw so only mods i listed up abbove. And yeah he prob was running low boost but come on now thats weak. My car is nothing special and he drove the **** out of the car so im kinda baffled
Old 10-17-2010, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

i rode to midnight drags last night with my friend in his 2011 gt. car just rolled over 1,000 miles. managed a 12.8 @ 110 w/ 2.0 60'. i like these cars alot.