Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Does everyone love ricers nowdays?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Haha, that clown wishes he was "pulling 11s"
Yeah, maybe he's goin 11's in the 1/8th!!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:20 AM
STF Veteran

Ricers miserable failures as human beings are destroying the image of the fast car. The other day my 9 year old nephew said he wanted a Honda with NOZ cause they're so fast. I gave him a little taste of 400 American Ponies and a **** eatin' grin! Best to give them the muscle car anti-rice vaccine when they're young! Try this, when one of those little butpluggin' bedpans pulls up next to you, tell him "Cute little car you have there Mary!" They seem to like that! uncle bens
Old 02-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Launching!

I've been getting anti-rice vaccine my whole life...ROTFLMAO!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

That's another reason for me to boycott Mc Donalds. Thanks Teal for adding to my arsenal.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, my little cousin loves the Fast and Furious movies, he was always like, man, that eclipse was bad, that thing is soooo fast, I asked him about my car, he said, its just loud, it doesn't sound fast like that eclipse, he jumped in, and i changed him forever, now all he wants is a big bad muscle car, instead of the eclipse, its the charger now..lol
Old 02-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HOSS
yea, my little cousin loves the Fast and Furious movies, he was always like, man, that eclipse was bad, that thing is soooo fast, I asked him about my car, he said, its just loud, it doesn't sound fast like that eclipse, he jumped in, and i changed him forever, now all he wants is a big bad muscle car, instead of the eclipse, its the charger now..lol

My father made it simple for me... If I got an GM, he would help get it for me. ...if I got an import (german or jap) I was SOL. To a degree I thank him, though I never did want a jap car anyways...just wanted a BMW
Old 02-03-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

funk master flex is pretty big with the muscle cars, the chevelle and the charger are especially nice. he has like 5 other cars, he's had them before anyone here knew his name as well.

and as far as , if gm and ford and mopar only made cars with small engines and little potential 3/4 of the people wouldn't really be here and if they were they'd eb gettin spanked by everything in the street. like they are.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

What the **** is "Pulling 11's" supposed to mean in this context? Certainly not in the 1/4.

The marketing door ***** even threw DRIFTING in there so they would be ultra current with the rice demo.

BLAH
Old 02-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

No see if they really wanted to sell to the rice market a simple one liner would've done the trick...

"I live my life a 1/4 pounder at a time."

and then maybe thrown in...

"It doesn't matter if you get a regular or supersize, eating is eating."

Look at the background with the rims hanging on the wall...I think they shot this at a pep boys
Old 02-03-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboLaserAWD
Lmao, that's freakin' great
Old 02-03-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

he even likes two quarter pounders at a time.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pat-Man
"Ricers" as we like to call them, are simply based on an image that has been imported from Japan and China (an image that is not new to them) and the X-generation has gripped to it because of the media (movies, adds like the one above). Trust me, people will get tired off it and eventually it will be just another dusty realic trying to be sold at a thrift store...or maybe they will come to their senses and back off a bit.
The X-generation aren't the ones holding onto it. The X-generation is all out of college now. This new group has some other gay name like Millenias or something. I forget what it's called but Gen X was this age back in the 80s. The only Xers dumb enough to buy rice are all working for MTV now. Thats how the image grew so fast. Plus it's shiny, noisy, and easy to sell (to a person with the mind of a 3 year old). Noone seems to care that the power side is all made up.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

It's really a simple formula. Speed costs money.

The problem is that most kids don't have gobs of cash to throw at their cars. In effort to compensate they buy parts to look fast and they think they are cool because they cost much less then real performance parts. It's almost like buying off-brand clothes at Fiesta because its says Nautical, Paolo, and Hilfigger...it's still not the real thing.

The money hungry auto makers, aftermarket parts suppliers, and now mainstream companies picked up on this cash cow and exploit it for all it's worth. The business men could care less what the real performance enthusiast thinks about their exploitation, as long as ricers are putting money in their wallet.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still think the black guy is stealing that rim
Old 02-04-2004, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gluemaker
I still think the black guy is stealing that rim

HOLY **** THAT IS FUNNY
Old 02-04-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrhawk
HOLY **** THAT IS FUNNY
The other brownish guy got the front one off already. Just sharing what history has taught us all.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

No see if they really wanted to sell to the rice market a simple one liner would've done the trick...

and then maybe thrown in...

"It doesn't matter if you get a regular or supersize, eating is eating."

Look at the background with the rims hanging on the wall...I think they shot this at a pep boys

Pep girls is more like it
Old 02-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Hey gluemaker, please keep the racist comments out of here.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Launching!

i find funkmaster flex to be a real car guy, i.e. he really truly likes cars like we all do, but I think his whole plan to cash in on it is nonsense... his rides show is a joke... and I don't really see the "talent" in putting some 24's on a yukon, three 15's in the trunk, and calling it a "special edition"....

He does have some sick cars, and for that I have to give him lots of respect, but he just has to stop with the whole marketing campaign... it cheapens his whole image...
Old 02-04-2004, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Location: Who said you were allowed to post in The ATLANTA SECTION?

It's really a simple formula. Speed costs money.

The problem is that most kids don't have gobs of cash to throw at their cars. In effort to compensate they buy parts to look fast and they think they are cool because they cost much less then real performance parts. It's almost like buying off-brand clothes at Fiesta because its says Nautical, Paolo, and Hilfigger...it's still not the real thing.

The money hungry auto makers, aftermarket parts suppliers, and now mainstream companies picked up on this cash cow and exploit it for all it's worth. The business men could care less what the real performance enthusiast thinks about their exploitation, as long as ricers are putting money in their wallet.
So true, the seller doesn't care what it looks like as long as their profit margin is good and their sales are up to keep the inventory moving. Now many people are doing so "everyone" else wants too...well not me...

I think we should all have a meet at McDonalds, but not go in. And make sure a McDonalds Rep is there to see it.