Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

World's Quickest 3.0 Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default World's Quickest 3.0 Supra?

Seems like I've been seeing quite a few fast drag cars in the Middle East lately... Supras, Vettes, etc. Here's a vid of a fast Supra... these guys are claiming fastest 3.0L Supra in the WORLD. Anyone know if this is a legit claim?

Burnout (:04)

Launch (1:13)

Video #2 - From the Grandstands

Launch

Almost loses it at 290 kph...

--Eric
02 SS

YouTube - E.K.KANOO DRAG SUPRA 7.83 @ 292.9 km/h VIDEO 2

YouTube - E.K.KANOO DRAG SUPRA (NEW RECORD ) 7.83@292.9KM/H
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bitch got loose at end of second video.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 PM
***Repost Police***

I would **** myself if I was in a car that started to get squirrelly at ~180mph.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

That car is sick. The tuner of the car is one of the best EFI tuners out there.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

IDK what it is exactly about Supra's, but, the aero of those bodies is excellent for cutting through air. There's almost always a Supra posted in a Texas mile thread that went over 225-230, which is haulin' a$$ over a 1 mile distance. Yes, I understand that there is a lot of power involved, as well. To continue the point, there are similarly powered vettes, Mustangs even Ford GT's that don't reach the top speeds of the Supra bodied cars. Would love to do a 7.0 liter LS swap/build in a Supra body some day.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like he posted another video... 7.9 @ 293 kph

E.K.KANOO DRAG SUPRA 7.94@293 KM/H QUALIFYING ROUND 2 NOV 2010

--Eric
Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1-450
IDK what it is exactly about Supra's, but, the aero of those bodies is excellent for cutting through air. There's almost always a Supra posted in a Texas mile thread that went over 225-230, which is haulin' a$$ over a 1 mile distance. Yes, I understand that there is a lot of power involved, as well. To continue the point, there are similarly powered vettes, Mustangs even Ford GT's that don't reach the top speeds of the Supra bodied cars. Would love to do a 7.0 liter LS swap/build in a Supra body some day.
I don't know about that. Hennessey and Heffner for example have gone nearly 230mph with their "off-the-shelf" 1000hp packages available to customers. At 1000hp at the crank (assuming that's not generous) they're looking at power in the 800 range. The Supra actually should have a drag area VERY close to the Ford GT and C5 and C6 corvettes actually. Its drag coefficient is about the same (.03-.04 difference) and the supra's chassis is taller than the other two. I could be wrong though, couldn't find the exact stats out there. I DO know that a supra hasn't gone over 260mph in the mile yet.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know about that. Hennessey and Heffner for example have gone nearly 230mph with their "off-the-shelf" 1000hp packages available to customers. At 1000hp at the crank (assuming that's not generous) they're looking at power at the wheels in the mid 800 range. The Supra actually should have a drag area VERY close to the Ford GT and C5 and C6 corvettes actually. Its drag coefficient is about the same (.03-.04 difference) and the supra's chassis is taller than the other two. I could be wrong though, couldn't find the exact stats out there. I DO know that a supra hasn't gone over 260mph in the mile yet.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Originally Posted by TheHitman
That car is sick. The tuner of the car is one of the best EFI tuners out there.
Shane Tecklenburg, dude definitely knows what he is doing. His youtube channel has some interesting vids.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

*Not trying to thread jack*

NRE beat ya to it:
(skip to 1:00 if you want to dodge the NRE commercial at the beginning.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgSA7d9ZMz0

"Adam Gier came to us with a request to purchase one of our Twin Turbo Warrior LS Twin Turbo Series engines.
We built it for him and shipped it off. Business as usual, right?

Well, as it turns out, what makes this so unique is Adam sandwiched the 427 cubic inches of American Twin Turbo iron into his Toyota Supra!

Adams complaint was that the 2jz motor he had in the Supra was just too unreliable.
After researching turbo motors, he decided that NRE would need to get involved. Take a look at the results of this car as he is dialing in the chassis.
These runs were made with the boost set at only 16psi.
If you fiqure he has a max of 38 psi, it gives you a good idea of just how powerful one of our turbo packages are.

Adam's got some billet cajones. Thanks for the great video!"

Another one: (testing)
Outlaw Drag Radial LSX TT Supra Testing
Old 11-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Launching!

the only reason the other cars dont go faster is transmissions!!!!the supras tranny doesnt break as easy (the big cube cars make a TON more torque) now it seems for the most part there is a t56 that can hold decent power (the A.R.T. viper went 233 on LOW BOOST with a new version of the g force t56) in the new few months watch as all the big hp big cube cars destroy the supra records ......

just look at it this year. SW's "only" went 238 with better aero and more power (48psi yes 48) yet at the same event same day the art went 233 on 14psi with just a shake down pass this is without any issues...... ALL the fast supras had issues motors are at the limit (i know god forbid i say some about the 2 jz's)

supra are pushing the envolpe of what they can do motor wise think big boost small motor ( i know nut swingers will comeout and want to argue all i have to say is kiss my A** you run the mile and talk to me)

there is a lot more to it then just power and aero (stopping is a issue also) getting these 1500+++rwhp cars to hook (drag radials are a joke at over 180mph) as we saw this year weather is also a problem ....how the car makes power is also a issue... a ton of factors make it hard to keep a mile car in one piece and run a good mph.