Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

IROC vs G8GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
I might be in the minority but I'm a little confused how he was "owned." He joined a forum and was humble at first, then the rest of the forum trolls him relentlessly? You trolled him enough to get a rise, then challenge to a race and he actually showed when he clearly didnt have a chance? Good job internet badasses, you PWNED him.

Rather than trolling him maybe suggest some tasteful improvements?
this.

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Ohhh good. I used to have to go to other sites to see ******** picking on slower people cause they drove Gods car. Now I can get all that entertainment here with people I used to like!!!
What a ******* thrill.
I forget the name of the mod we got here that has the blowen viper. Maybe he should stop in and talk down to us for a bit to maybe get a few heads straightened out. We all know you can make near on anything fast. But our cars have had their day. Most everything has more HP then ours do stock. Yall cant tell me your not usually embarrassed to tell people that you own a 10+ year old Camaro/Firebird. I love it but just like the 3rd gen to us, we are past our time.
Its also annoyin yall are raggin on a Service member.
Very sad seein this **** here.
Oh well

As well as this.

Some really immature people out there who love to be badass behind the keyboard.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Haters gonna hate!
In stead of bashing him how about being cool and just try to advice him on how wrong he is.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Teching In

You know, reading this post has confirmed what I think about internet automotive forums. There's about 1% of us on here that actually understand the internal combustion engine and have the capability to work on one...and millions of idiots who can afford fast cars.

I was born in the 70's and grew up watching IROC's tear up the highway throughout the 80's. When I was in my 20's I could actually afford an 86 IROC and it was my turn to burn up the highway. I spent countless hours and money trying to make my LG4 something that it could never be. Once I was more financially stable I bought an LS1, but, the whole time I drove my IROC, I absolutely loved it! I even got beat by a GMC Denali Truck! Who cares? The bottom line is, everyone who sweats and bleeds on their car in the name of rwhp loves their machine. We all think our cars are faster, we all tell "fishing stories" of how much horsepower our ladies make, and in the end, why do we do it?

We make our cars impressive to impress the poon-tang! It's a known fact that our cars were specifically designed to smoke Mustangs. They always have, always will, (minus you retards spending over 80K for a 500+ hp car) and no matter how many races you win or lose....it's really about how much *** you've bagged in the back seat!

So when most of you pussies start driving mini-vans in your 30's because of your wives, remember this: that sweet succulent woman of yours is checking out my car! OOHRAH!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The02Witchburner
You know, reading this post has confirmed what I think about internet automotive forums. There's about 1% of us on here that actually understand the internal combustion engine and have the capability to work on one...and millions of idiots who can afford fast cars.

I was born in the 70's and grew up watching IROC's tear up the highway throughout the 80's. When I was in my 20's I could actually afford an 86 IROC and it was my turn to burn up the highway. I spent countless hours and money trying to make my LG4 something that it could never be. Once I was more financially stable I bought an LS1, but, the whole time I drove my IROC, I absolutely loved it! I even got beat by a GMC Denali Truck! Who cares? The bottom line is, everyone who sweats and bleeds on their car in the name of rwhp loves their machine. We all think our cars are faster, we all tell "fishing stories" of how much horsepower our ladies make, and in the end, why do we do it?

We make our cars impressive to impress the poon-tang! It's a known fact that our cars were specifically designed to smoke Mustangs. They always have, always will, (minus you retards spending over 80K for a 500+ hp car) and no matter how many races you win or lose....it's really about how much *** you've bagged in the back seat!

So when most of you pussies start driving mini-vans in your 30's because of your wives, remember this: that sweet succulent woman of yours is checking out my car! OOHRAH!

LOL...i hear ya!

as someone born in the 60's i know exactly what your talking about. Except i couldnt afford a 3rd gen iroc......ive always dated girl way younger than me and i remember when i was in my mid to late 20's i dated 2 girls 1 at 19 and the other in her 20's and they both had black 87 iroc's....i would love cruising around in both of them. Once i even took the older's car and me and my buddy drove around drinking and hot rodding all around town while she wanted her car back....THOSE WERE THE DAYS! when dui was nothing!..

but anyways, to your last statement.....im now in my 40's and the ONLY 2 cars I now have are my 383 stroked IROC and my 99 TA mint!....
so becareful that sweet succulent woman of yours might just be checkin me out!..... peace!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife drives the minivan and I drive the G8. No soccer dad here!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Hellz Yeah! If you haven't got your ride, well you haven't got anything...I wonder how many of us actually maintain our machine status throughout life? LMAO at RedHot, no soccer dad here...now that's funny! pssstt....Stroked, does he know that things has 4 doors??? LOL! J/K I like the G8's.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
My wife drives the minivan and I drive the G8. No soccer dad here!
^^^^1st sign of a soccer dad with his Polo shirt tucked in his Khaki shorts---Denial.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

You got me all wrong, a T-shirt and athletic shorts for this guy! lol
Old 08-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Nothing against the guy in the IROC but he was in way over his head. As a few have said you need at least a built TPI to even make it a respectable race.

I have stroked 350 TPI that ran an 8.1 last fall ..... DR's on 18" rims... it spins out the hole.......I think it would get to 7.8 or 7.9 with a better driver lol and getting better traction. With full slicks and skinnies it would get into the 7's no problem. Over a 3 week period I went from 8.5 to 8.1......then I started having a few clutch issues (T56 swap). I'm running Accel Super Ram Intake with standard runners (a true TPI w/ long runners).....no mini ram or tunnel ram. Everything was ported and abrasive flowed.
346 rwhp and 417 ft lb torque

The car is not a drag car....more of a Pro Turning setup......it's heavy as hell.

I've got 3 other LS cars so I've experienced LS power.......my TPI is surprising strong for what it is........considering it's 80's technology.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol his car is of craigslist..... Which one of you guys bought it?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JUSTINSWS6
Lol his car is of craigslist..... Which one of you guys bought it?
Dude, you do realize that this thread is almost a year old?

We need a smiley that has a mummy raising up from a tombstone for people who do this.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Iroc-z bst handling car lol, guess he hasn't ever heard of the Z06/ZL1 corvette? TPI is a waste of space 160hp? maybe if that to the crank.

Thread is old as dirt too.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Captain Double Post

I didnt read much past the first post, but why was he so mad,were you guys picking on him /bashing his car, no offense but thats not cool in my book,like i said i dont know the whole story but theres a handful of people that cant afford to build a car or have a large payment for something nice
Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Captain Double Post

I also didnt see how old this thread was
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by canada4g63
Iroc-z bst handling car lol, guess he hasn't ever heard of the Z06/ZL1 corvette? TPI is a waste of space 160hp? maybe if that to the crank.

Thread is old as dirt too.
What a dumbass post.

In its day nothing could out handle it that was american made and just an FYI 305 TPI was rated 215-225 at the crank and the 350 TPI cars were rated at 240 and the later years were 245 at the crank.

Also, back then there were 1LE cars that were for SCCA showroom stock racing. Those cars could out handle most cars today.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
What a dumbass post.

In its day nothing could out handle it that was american made and just an FYI 305 TPI was rated 215-225 at the crank and the 350 TPI cars were rated at 240 and the later years were 245 at the crank.

Also, back then there were 1LE cars that were for SCCA showroom stock racing. Those cars could out handle most cars today.
Thirdgen Master KING PIN supports this truth full claim.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

What a dumbass post.

Yes it's also 2012. The only good thing american made was the Buick Grand National, pontaic grand prix turbo and other rare cars from the 80's. A 245 crank hp 350 is nothing to brag about. Not much was good about the 80's car wise.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes it's also 2012. The only good thing american made was the Buick Grand National, pontaic grand prix turbo and other rare cars from the 80's. A 245 crank hp 350 is nothing to brag about. Not much was good about the 80's car wise.
Yes it is 2012 but were talking the late 80's early 90's here. When you don't have what you have today you take what you can get. A 245 hp camaro was it and it was whipping mustangs with a good driver.

I can post the same thing about your car vs. what is out there today but I'm talking about that era.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What a dumbass post.

^^^^^^^ preach on sir
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those 245hp 350s will beat the majority of the late 60s/early 70s muscle cars, short of big block solid roller stuff. I guess those "muscle cars" are nothing to brag about either?

Quick Reply: IROC vs G8GT