Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

IROC vs G8GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow IROC vs G8GT

You can skip ahead to the video, but trust me, the intro is worth it.

Sooo this guy joined up on a local forum with his 88 IROC. To make a very long story short, he can't handle the sarcasm the internet dishes out. His intro thread was a clusterfuck of him not admitting his car is slow and thinking that everyone is a douchebag because they don't like his car.

Then he decides to start a thread in our "member's rides" Sub-forum, BIG MISTAKE. This thing was rattle-canned in a lot of places. That thread took a turn for the worst for him...but nothing but win for the rest of us! Here's a few gems from that thread:

Originally Posted by CombatIROCZ28
I appreciate you talking to me straight up like a man and not a chump, I respect that.

As far as my car goes, I REALLY don't care all that much if folks don't like it, to each his own, but I know that I do and that's all that matters. I also know alot of people with nicer cars than mine who like my car and I don't have to get approval from anyone here or anywhere else. When I use the word respect, I mean human respect in general, not about the cars. Just being a person. When you spend 6 years in the military, you get real ******* acquainted with what respect is all about, so I put that on my list of things to do. The IROC-Z's are some of the best cars ever made in America, not the fastest in stock form, but have great styling, fast torque and were some of the BEST handling cars ever made by an American company. Do I care if anyone knows this, no.

As far as going to meets and stuff, hell no at this point. If I did come I'm sure a bunch would be running their mouths behind their breaths and I really don't have the patience to deal with kids at a meet who don't know how to respect another individual. As for telling people to shut up, well, if folks would stop ******* me so much, I'd stop saying it. I'm very fair.

It won't be entertaining when I go take my ******* 12 gauge outside to blow the god damn ******* car up with several rounds. I'm about ready to go do that because I've never been so pissed off at a bunch of asswipes off a website who do nothing but act like idiots. To be frank, all of this bullshit talk happening, it has made me HATE my car and enough to go blow the **** off of it.

There's nothing inferior about my car, Jesus Christ. What do you care anyway? I know you don't so don't try to pretend you do by bashing me some more.

How people portray themselves on here is an indication of how they're in person. If someone starts **** with a total stranger on here then more than likely that person would do the same offline, well, depending on how stupid they are, they would. But there's a VERY fine line on what goes on here and off here. If someone gets attacked here and defends themselves as I have done, then that's a normal human response.
Originally Posted by notoriousdoa
you're a grown man crying to people on the internet. kick rocks dude
No, you can kiss my *** ************. Nobody here is crying except you since you gotta keep egging it on.

After these races, we stopped to talk. He said it made "almost 300 to the tire" on his Dynolicious iPhone app. He was DEAD serious.

Anyways, on to the video...which we had a little fun with since we knew he'd blow a gasket if we poked fun at his beloved IROC. This is what and couple friends and I came up with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY05L___LhU
Old 05-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeeze. Tools like that guy is the reason people look down upon third gens . It's hard to get any kind of decent power out of those TPI engines, I don't know where he thinks hes getting his "300 wheel" at haha.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camarorokr
Jeeze. Tools like that guy is the reason people look down upon third gens . It's hard to get any kind of decent power out of those TPI engines, I don't know where he thinks hes getting his "300 wheel" at haha.
He really think his iPhone dyno app is dead on.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

oh

my

god...

that IROC was SLOW...
Old 05-30-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

there are plenty with over 300 at the wheels but they have heads, cam, ported intake and aftermarket runners, etc. or HSR's or mini rams.....

cool story bro
Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
9 Second Club

yep thats embarrassing!
this calls for a little "heart healing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PikeVupD9T4 FAST FORWARD TO 1:20, AND EXCUSE THAT POS IN THE OTHER LANE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A TRACTOR

this is what it looks like with the hood finished
Old 06-07-2011, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by david068513
there are plenty with over 300 at the wheels but they have heads, cam, ported intake and aftermarket runners, etc. or HSR's or mini rams.....

cool story bro
Oh I understand that, I know a few people that have semi-built TPI cars. I was referring to how slow that particular IROC was compared to the G8. With the lengths he was pulling on him, I don't see much possibility of that car having 300 wheel.

Iroc-z23: Off subject, but what springs are you running on your car?

Last edited by camarorokr; 06-07-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 AM
9 Second Club

Iroc-z23: Off subject, but what springs are you running on your car?
They are sportline 2" drop. Changed the entire personality of the car
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

It's so funny to hear the low shift points of an old junk SBC, can't beat 6k+ with an lsx engine.

Nice ownage, always appreciate these videos.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IROC was going to lose HARD either way, but, I don't think that was even a 350 lol! He certainly didn't look happy, but...at least he showed up?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
It's so funny to hear the low shift points of an old junk SBC, can't beat 6k+ with an lsx engine.

Nice ownage, always appreciate these videos.
its not thats its an SBC, they arent tuned to produce 6k rpm. my sbc will turn 6k all day. but agreed, with the technology now, tuned port= yank the **** sucker out. cost too much to make it perform well
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oye.... I want to download his dynoapp and see what it rates my LS1 at haha.. matter of fact, I may do that for S&G's!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anymore info on that IROC? Was it even an L98 car?

And I wouldn't talk **** about another car when you have to cut a hole in your hood to go mid 12s.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy might have PTSD and if he does you don't want no part of him let alone going to meet up with him to race him. He might of seen some pretty messed up stuff in the service so try to understand that.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

link to thread?
Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Anymore info on that IROC? Was it even an L98 car?

And I wouldn't talk **** about another car when you have to cut a hole in your hood to go mid 12s.
Exactly what the hell does cutting a hole in your hood have to do with going mid 12's? oh wait, prolly has to do with something like this, *******
Btw, I did this for ***** and grins. Which is why there's a bolt on Cowl now.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Damn, that gives new meaning to slowmaro. You would have figured this guy would have learned after the first race. I guess what better way to learn how to get your *** handed to you and take a beating, then losing multiple races in a row. 305 V8s are a beast LOL!

On another note Iroc-z 23, sweet *** ride!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Iroc-z_23
Exactly what the hell does cutting a hole in your hood have to do with going mid 12's? oh wait, prolly has to do with something like this, *******
Btw, I did this for ***** and grins. Which is why there's a bolt on Cowl now.
You nailed the **** part.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah maybe if you would have read the whole post you would see that the hood wasn't finished. Sorry I want to go fast vs. A 600 dollar hood
Old 06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Iroc-z_23
Yeah maybe if you would have read the whole post you would see that the hood wasn't finished. Sorry I want to go fast vs. A 600 dollar hood
Hood still doesn't look "finished" with that self-tapping screw held down cowl hood.

Quick Reply: IROC vs G8GT