Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Nissan GT-R vs. ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMXP...eature=related

Unless he took out the stock IP and all it's components from the time of this 8.15 run and his 7.75 run. I'd say it's more than full weight with the addition of a cage, turbo system and it's working parts... If he took off the chute and put on a plate it'd fly here and obviously does where he lives.

Besides, GM High Tech just featured this car a few issues back and it said he drives it to shows and around town.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its still pulling probably about 3300lbs vs the 4000+ lbs that the fastest GT-R is pulling (full interior plus cage and Alpha 12 kit.)

Atomicfusion's car is something else but these GT-Rs are awesome as well.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed

Unless he took out the stock IP and all it's components from the time of this 8.15 run and his 7.75 run. I'd say it's more than full weight with the addition of a cage, turbo system and it's working parts... If he took off the chute and put on a plate it'd fly here and obviously does where he lives.

Besides, GM High Tech just featured this car a few issues back and it said he drives it to shows and around town.
The car has been gutted and 25.3 caged between the 8.15 and 7.75. It is no longer a street worthy car.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Its still pulling probably about 3300lbs vs the 4000+ lbs that the fastest GT-R is pulling (full interior plus cage and Alpha 12 kit.)

Atomicfusion's car is something else but these GT-Rs are awesome as well.
I would guess it is closer to 3500 at that point in time, but yeah, there's a decent weight difference.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Well considering its already been confirmed that a GT-R needs 80-100whp more than a ZR1 to pull on it, I am positive the ZR1 didn't have near the work done to it the GT-R has, hence the 'lack' of a vid description.

Those Alpha GT-R's run hard for sure.

I don't know. I don't think a ZR1 would blow up like that with just an intake unless the car was not maintained properly.

Also I checked Nagtroc and the GT-R is a stock motor Alpha 9. I think the ZR1 is a lingenfelter package with a ported blower but I'm not sure. Either way a ZR1 with intake and exhaust isn't gonna blow up like that.
What makes you think that? Most likely just a pulley/bolt-on/tuned car.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
It was just an example and I said quickest, not fastest.
The fastest LS corvette trapped over 200...

Either way, it doesn't detract from the fact that the other post was pretty ignorant.

The GTR and C6 are on equal ground.
They each have their own pros and cons.
Na-Ahh. Not with the weight different they aren't. GT-R's can be ridiculous, but C6's dont have any problem making well over 1000++rwhp either. Plus they're much lighter...did I already say that?

Lastly, to speculate and compare both cars in the without knowing the mods for the ZR1 is silly. The OP obviously didnt list the mods for a reason.

- Ron
Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Nevermind... brain fart made me think we were talking Z06 and not ZR1...

GTR and Z06 are fairly equal

ZR1 is a level above BOTH obviously.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Na-Ahh. Not with the weight different they aren't. GT-R's can be ridiculous, but C6's dont have any problem making well over 1000++rwhp either. Plus they're much lighter...did I already say that?

Lastly, to speculate and compare both cars in the without knowing the mods for the ZR1 is silly. The OP obviously didnt list the mods for a reason.

- Ron
I was mostly talking about stock.
I'd say the C6 should have the edge if you went for all the bells and whistles on both, but the GTR has a definite dd advantage. But I guess you could always turn the boost down on the c6.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
What makes you think that? Most likely just a pulley/bolt-on/tuned car.
That was the talk from the Puerto Rican guys who worked on it. I also believe the shop that did the ZR1 did the GT-R as well. The other thing is the ZR1 blew up. If the ZR1 was bolt ons with a decent tune it wouldn't blow up like that. Alpha 9's make over 800whp on race gas and high boost and have trapped over 145mph.

Bottom line: Mods on the ZR1 are speculation.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I was mostly talking about stock.
I'd say the C6 should have the edge if you went for all the bells and whistles on both, but the GTR has a definite dd advantage. But I guess you could always turn the boost down on the c6.
As for stock, the ZR1 outperforms both the GTR and Z06 in every category.

That was the talk from the Puerto Rican guys who worked on it. I also believe the shop that did the ZR1 did the GT-R as well. The other thing is the ZR1 blew up. If the ZR1 was bolt ons with a decent tune it wouldn't blow up like that. . Alpha 9's make over 800whp on race gas and high boost and have trapped over 145mph.

Bottom line: Mods on the ZR1 are speculation.
I don't think you quite understand how well the LS9 responds to simple mods. The LPE 750 kit consists of upper/lower pulley, bolt ons/tune - on the *stock/untouched* Eaton and will trap 140-145 in the 1/4. And will back it up with 9-second E.T's all day long.

The LS9 has put down 800+whp on the stock Eaton blower (ported of course)

Here is the 750 kit. No porting. This car even has the stock manifolds and cat-back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ndv...e_gdata_player

Last edited by RON 95ZR1; 07-22-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

I don't think you quite understand how well the LS9 responds to simple mods. The LPE 750 kit consists of upper/lower pulley, bolt ons/tune - on the *stock/untouched* Eaton and will trap 140-145 in the 1/4. And will back it up with 9-second E.T's all day long.

Here is the 750 kit. No porting. This car even has the stock manifolds and cat-back.

You mean this car?

Its now a member of the RPM Transmissions stable.

(The view from my work area)
Attached Thumbnails Nissan GT-R vs. ZR1-2011-07-22_13-33-19.jpg  

Dumb question.. why are they testing at Budds Creek? Love that track but just doesnt seem local to lingenfelter
Launching!

Not true.

GTRs have ran 9.9 at near 140MPH on stock turbos, just full bolt on and tune.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:52 PM

This argument is MUTE... tehy are similar cars. They both respond to MODS very well and tend to be acceleration BEASTS stock and especially MODDED.

But one is a all out performance car witha manual transmission and sports car standard Front engine RWD...

The other is a automatic(kind of) AWD super car want to be that is also VERY good at going very fast.

Its like the difference between Tub butter and margerine. THey both get you to ABOUT the same place(cooking) but differ slighly...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
You mean this car?

Its now a member of the RPM Transmissions stable.

(The view from my work area)
She's gorgeous.

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Not true.
No offense, but are you on crack?!?

Just joking, but seriously..ZR1's have went 10.7x's @ 131-134 100% stock. A 2012 GTR, even with its AWD and fancy driver aids won't touch that.

Some of these GTR guys remind me of how the import guys were about the Corvette back in the '90s; in pure denial.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
This argument is MUTE... tehy are similar cars. They both respond to MODS very well and tend to be acceleration BEASTS stock and especially MODDED.

But one is a all out performance car witha manual transmission and sports car standard Front engine RWD...

The other is a automatic(kind of) AWD super car want to be that is also VERY good at going very fast.

Its like the difference between Tub butter and margerine. THey both get you to ABOUT the same place(cooking) but differ slighly...
Amen brother!

She's gorgeous.
Yes she is. Its so hard to have to sit so close to your dream Corvette all day long.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Launching!

No offense, but are you on crack?!?

Just joking, but seriously..ZR1's have went 10.7x's @ 131-134 100% stock. A 2012 GTR, even with its AWD and fancy driver aids won't touch that.

Some of these GTR guys remind me of how the import guys were about the Corvette back in the '90s; in pure denial.
In a straightline race the ZR-1 is the faster car stock vs. stock. Although in a 1/4 race they will both post similar ETs...the ZR1 will undoubtably trap noticably higher. Stock 2012 GT-Rs have hit 11 flats at around 125MPH numerous times...someone will crack a 10.9 bone stock im sure. My point was that the GT-R is faster stock vs. stock on some road courses, as this is the GT-Rs forte.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just for reference we had a sponsor make 740rwhp with a zr1 with intake pullies and tuning. 100% stock exhaust.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:03 PM

All this talk of perfect cars for more money then im ever going to have to spend is actually starting to get on my nerves... GOD DAYUM IT!!!

Yuo can spend 100k + mods on a lot of cars and get these results(Twin engine and turbo ______ with meth injection and nitrous LOL)... But these cars have all that stock and look fawking gorgeous in their own right...

Cant we all just get a long while I masterbate to thoughts of driving either of these cars?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
In a straightline race the ZR-1 is the faster car stock vs. stock. Although in a 1/4 race they will both post similar ETs...the ZR1 will undoubtably trap noticably higher. Stock 2012 GT-Rs have hit 11 flats at around 125MPH numerous times...someone will crack a 10.9 bone stock im sure. My point was that the GT-R is faster stock vs. stock on some road courses, as this is the GT-Rs forte.

Eh. Except for the Nurburgring time, all the other times posted for the ZR1 are pre-2012 model. Nice try though! The new Sport Cup tires on the 2012 make a huge difference, as evident by the 5-second gap between the ZR1 vs GTR at the ring. And 5 seconds is huge!

As for posting similar 1/4 times, how do you consider running .5 tenths/5-6mph faster "similar" performance? That's ridiculous. Stock for stock a ZR1 will hand a GTR its *** on a drag strip. Even with the GTR being AWD with all the driver aid features like said before. It's on a different level than the GTR and Z06 plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R vs. ZR1