Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Nissan GT-R vs. ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
In a straightline race the ZR-1 is the faster car stock vs. stock. Although in a 1/4 race they will both post similar ETs...the ZR1 will undoubtably trap noticably higher. Stock 2012 GT-Rs have hit 11 flats at around 125MPH numerous times...someone will crack a 10.9 bone stock im sure. My point was that the GT-R is faster stock vs. stock on some road courses, as this is the GT-Rs forte.

The ZR1 has since added much stickier tires that greatly help it around a track.
The only time on that list with said tires is the Nurburgring time.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Eh. Except for the Nurburgring time, all the other times posted for the ZR1 are pre-2012 model. Nice try though! The new Sport Cup tires on the 2012 make a huge difference, as evident by the 5-second gap between the ZR1 vs GTR at the ring. And 5 seconds is huge!

As for posting similar 1/4 times, how do you consider running .5 tenths/5-6mph faster "similar" performance? That's ridiculous. Stock for stock a ZR1 will hand a GTR its *** on a drag strip. Even with the GTR being AWD with all the driver aid features like said before. It's on a different level than the GTR and Z06 plain and simple.
I'm aware that the new tires make a BIG difference. Not saying the ZR-1 isnt the faster car, as it is. My point is that on SOME tracks, ones where the GT-Rs AWD will really become advantageous, the GT-R is faster. Your also going to see that unless the ZR-1 driver is very adept then the average times are going to be slower then the GT-Rs just for the fact that the GT-R is so precise and consistant(AWD, DCT,etc.). And how is the ZR-1 posting .5 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile stock? New GT-Rs are rather easily hitting 11.0s bone stock...ZR1s are in the high 10s. Again...ZR-1 is the faster car as it should be, not arguing that.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
She's gorgeous.

No offense, but are you on crack?!?

Just joking, but seriously..ZR1's have went 10.7x's @ 131-134 100% stock. A 2012 GTR, even with its AWD and fancy driver aids won't touch that.

Some of these GTR guys remind me of how the import guys were about the Corvette back in the '90s; in pure denial.
Denial about what?

Also unless you drive like ranger at strips like MIR or Englishtown, you aren't going to see 10s in the 1/4 on a stock ZR1. Run a stock ZR1 and stock GT-R in the 1/4 anywhere else and they will get similar ETs with a higher trap on the ZR1.

Last edited by TheHitman; 07-22-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
As for stock, the ZR1 outperforms both the GTR and Z06 in every category.

I don't think you quite understand how well the LS9 responds to simple mods. The LPE 750 kit consists of upper/lower pulley, bolt ons/tune - on the *stock/untouched* Eaton and will trap 140-145 in the 1/4. And will back it up with 9-second E.T's all day long.

The LS9 has put down 800+whp on the stock Eaton blower (ported of course)

Here is the 750 kit. No porting. This car even has the stock manifolds and cat-back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ndv...e_gdata_player

Originally Posted by Lingenfter Performance Engineering
The LPE 750hp package:

The 750 Horsepower package includes the addition of our GT9 ZR1 supercharger camshaft and Lingenfelter CNC ported LS9 cylinder heads. This package gives you additional power over our 710 HP package while maintaining a safe level of boost and supercharger RPM. The GT9 camshaft has an excellent sound quality and will not degrade the vehicles drivability or reliability.

750 BHP / 730 lbs ft of torque

See chassis dyno sheet

Package Includes:

- Engine removal & removal of supercharger assembly, cylinder heads, camshaft
- Lingenfelter CNC porting & polishing of LS9 cylinder heads for optimal flow
- Lingenfelter multi-angle valve job, cc chambers, surfacing & spring height adjustment
- Competition Cams valve springs, LS9 retainers and locks
- Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft by Competition Cams
- GM Head gaskets & head studs
- 160 degree thermostat
- Lingenfelter cast aluminum supercharger front cover assembly
- 2.60 inch diameter steel supercharger 10 bolt drive pulley - powder coated black - 11 rib
- 100 mm aluminum double bearing idler assembly
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Lingenfelter ZR1 air intake system
- Increased boost level 12 - 13 psi
- Professional installation, camshaft degreeing, testing & ECU calibration
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter 2 year/ 24,000 mile warranty
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity

Package price – $12,895.00

Additional Upgrades
Lingenfelter Heat Exchanger upgrade $899.00
Corsa stainless steel cat back exhaust $1,699.95
Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust $3,995.00

Normal installation time required: 3 - 4 weeks with prior notice. Package inclusions subject to change without notice.

Items on this page are not legal for sale or use on California pollution controlled motor vehicles.

Thats all I went off of. It states that it has a ported blower and heads/cam package And that could be the mods the car in the video had. Regarless if it had all the mods and should have run like you state, the car blew up and obviously wasn't running right so thats why there could be some speculation on the mods. Plus the GT-R in the original video in this thread currently is the fastest stock bottom end GT-R in PR.

Not nutswinging, just posting observations.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

You guys do realize the ZR1 lapped Top Gear's track during damp conditions yet still posted a pretty amazing time.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thehitman
Also unless you drive like ranger at strips like MIR or Englishtown, you aren't going to see 10s in the 1/4 on a stock ZR1. Run a stock ZR1 and stock GT-R in the 1/4 anywhere else and they will get similar ETs with a higher trap on the ZR1.
Ranger isn't the only one who has ran 10's in a stock ZR1. I myself went 10.92 @ 131 @ Sac Raceway, as well as several other guys have done it. With good air and seat time its not hard to do. These cars have the power to do it all day long. On the same note, the Mk II GT-Rs I have seen at my track have ran in the low-mid 11's. Respectable nonetheless, but just not up there with when my beautiful beast was stock. Gosh forbid I had ever ran it bone-stock w/ some drag radials. That could have netted me mid 10's at my track.

Originally Posted by Iwannagofaster
You guys do realize the ZR1 lapped Top Gear's track during damp conditions yet still posted a pretty amazing time.
Yes correct. I'm sure we'll be seeing even more impressive lap times out of stock 2012's in the future.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Ranger isn't the only one who has ran 10's in a stock ZR1. I myself went 10.92 @ 131 @ Sac Raceway, as well as several other guys have done it. With good air and seat time its not hard to do. These cars have the power to do it all day long. On the same note, the Mk II GT-Rs I have seen at my track have ran in the low-mid 11's. Respectable nonetheless, but just not up there with when my beautiful beast was stock. Gosh forbid I had ever ran it bone-stock w/ some drag radials. That could have netted me mid 10's at my track.
Not everyone with a ZR1 is doing 10's. Your average ZR1 with average driver isn't doing 10's all day. The GT-R can do low 11's all day though.

Originally Posted by Cammed 02
Actually the 9.8@144 Lingenfelter ZR1 in the youtube video posted above didnt have anything done to stock blower, heads, or cam for that matter. That car had nothing more than LPE supercharger upgrades (upper/lower pulley, snout, heat exchanger, reservoir, etc), tires and a competent driver -that's all.

Here is a link to the mods list. This was the initial 10.0@141 pass in high humidity at 800ft. I believe the car went a best of 9.7@145 with this setup:
http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforum...read.php?t=123

A heads/cam setup with the blower mods listed above is good for 800+whp and 150+ traps still using the 2300 Eaton. Now that's just insane!
Like I said before we don't know what mods are on the ZR1 in this video. What is known as a fact is that it blew up after racing the GT-R.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Those cars are local to me and if Im not mistaken that GT-R is modded as ****.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does the C4 ZR1 have to do with this argument?

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Denial about what?

The top gear time for the ZR1 was with a wet track... And who conducted the tests for those other lap times?

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
In a straightline race the ZR-1 is the faster car stock vs. stock. Although in a 1/4 race they will both post similar ETs...the ZR1 will undoubtably trap noticably higher. Stock 2012 GT-Rs have hit 11 flats at around 125MPH numerous times...someone will crack a 10.9 bone stock im sure. My point was that the GT-R is faster stock vs. stock on some road courses, as this is the GT-Rs forte.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
What does the C4 ZR1 have to do with this argument?
I brought it up as one poster previously stated how import companies were in denial about the corvette back in the 90's, that is all.

he top gear time for the ZR1 was with a wet track... And who conducted the tests for those other lap times?
Check fastestlaps.com for more info on who conducted the laps on both cars for those tests. I believe all of them except for the Nurburgring (Nordschleife) were all done by third party companies.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Cool

Both car's are pretty Fast but i would take the vette any day over the GT-R. Thats just my Opinon.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast T
Both car's are pretty Fast but i would take the vette any day over the GT-R. Thats just my Opinon.
Amen. The GTR is butt ugly.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
Amen. The GTR is butt ugly.
Agreed. Reminds me of an oversized Altima Coupe.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Not everyone with a ZR1 is doing 10's. Your average ZR1 with average driver isn't doing 10's all day. The GT-R can do low 11's all day though.
Well thank God for AWD, paddle shifters, and electronic driver nannies huh?

The ZR1 is still the faster car everytime though.

Like I said before we don't know what mods are on the ZR1 in this video. What is known as a fact is that it blew up after racing the GT-R.
I like how you just assumed the ZR1 had a ported blower when no one knows what mods were done to it. Talk about intimidation.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Amen to that Redfire 03! I'd say even two sticky tires on the Vette still won't make up for all the **** that the GTR has just so it hooks out the hole... Imagine an auto tranny and AWD on a ZR1, I see mid low 10's all day!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Well thank God for AWD, paddle shifters, and electronic driver nannies huh?

The ZR1 is still the faster car everytime though.

I like how you just assumed the ZR1 had a ported blower when no one knows what mods were done to it. Talk about intimidation.
Intimidation? Bottom line of this vid. The GT-R beat the ZR1 and the ZR1 blew up. How's that for intimidation?

Also I've seen ZR1's do 12's and high 11's. Its all about consistency. That said, the ZR1 is faster all around than the GT-R is stock for stock.

Haters gonna hate.

Last edited by TheHitman; 07-27-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 AM
13 Second Truck Club

In the end, its still Import (rice) VS American Muscle...
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
And at the end of the day, the GT-R in the original vid posted drove home and the ZR1 got towed away. Now think about what you said before commenting again thank you.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Not all import is rice, genius.

Fanboys.....nothing worse.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 PM
13 Second Truck Club

If its not made by the big 3 and doesn't have a V8, it's not American Muscle

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R vs. ZR1