Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Procharged C6 Z06 vs 942whp GTR

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
The GTR engine & trans are built in matched sets & each trans is unique to its' engine.

Not true. You can swap trannys from different cars. The trans is actually quite strong, it just got a bad rap from people on the internet years ago. Stock trannys hold just fine at 700+WHP, built trannys have been holding 1200+WHP without issue. Clutches do need to be upgraded when you start making a lot more power just like any car, and there are plenty of aftermarket clutches/gear sets available to hold what ever kind of power and abuse you want to throw at it.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nickate
May I ask how (you think) you're gonna stick it to the ground???!!!???

My buddies' Ultima GTR is making 1000 ish at the crank and it has traction issues at 135+mph.

IMO roll racing at the 1000 hp level needs AWD or somebody will be a statistic in due time.
There are plenty of supras, vettes, vipers, etc that have 1000whp and roll race. You just need a big, sticky tire, long gears, and suspension. The ultima doesnt hook because it weighs nothing.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Not true. You can swap trannys from different cars. The trans is actually quite strong, it just got a bad rap from people on the internet years ago. Stock trannys hold just fine at 700+WHP, built trannys have been holding 1200+WHP without issue. Clutches do need to be upgraded when you start making a lot more power just like any car, and there are plenty of aftermarket clutches/gear sets available to hold what ever kind of power and abuse you want to throw at it.

It is true that they are built in tandem. Each is unique to its' engine. This is straight from Nissan. Although, I didn't mean to imply that they had a different footprint or that that they could not receive an upgrade. Don't know what exactly Nissan is implying by the statement (engine/trans matched). I a$$ume it relates to enhancing under the curve WHP/WTQ through the RPM range.

Don't know what "years ago" means. The car hasn't been out that long.

The owners' nephew has already confirmed that it holds well to 700 Ft-#'s of torque regardless of peakl HP. That's great news. Am only trying to increase my knowledge of the car & its' weak points as power/torque increases.

The GTR is a great car, as is. Want to learn as the aftermarket improves on an already awesome design.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Good stuff
Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nickate
May I ask how (you think) you're gonna stick it to the ground???!!!???

My buddies' Ultima GTR is making 1000 ish at the crank and it has traction issues at 135+mph.

IMO roll racing at the 1000 hp level needs AWD or somebody will be a statistic in due time.
Originally Posted by TheHitman
That vette at 24psi would have issues staying on the highway.
Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
There are plenty of supras, vettes, vipers, etc that have 1000whp and roll race. You just need a big, sticky tire, long gears, and suspension. The ultima doesnt hook because it weighs nothing.
Here is how you put 1000+ rwhp to the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzxKdkFPnM
Old 09-20-2011, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Here is how you put 1000+ rwhp to the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzxKdkFPnM

Just to let you know the vette and viper in that vid are both on traction control systems that limit power output until higher gears and speeds. Some of those cars don't see over 1000whp until well over 100mph. Also 24 psi on a C6Z (if you were able to put that much power on even a built LS7) could possibly put that motor well over 1500, more likely closer to the 2000whp range. With that much power you would have some serious issues on the road.