Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

1st N/A 2011 Mustang GT in the 9's

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A mustang owner would start this thread. Keep your videos on the mustang forums. This is ls1tech
Old 11-23-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got two comments. Why does it sound like a 4 cylinderand It really does launch weak because of the lack of torque. I do agree that this is LS1tech not expensive mod tech. keep it on another forum
Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Keep the modular videos coming OP.

Nothing is funnier than someone looking at and posting in a thread that they aren't interested in and don't approve of when the title makes the content of the thread blatantly obvious.

Dabest09: "Look, Monza355. Vanilla Ice Cream!"

Monza355: "So it is, Dabest09. Lets have a scoop."

*Dabest09 and Monza355 each eat a scoop of vanilla ice cream*

Dabest09: "Hold on Monza355, I don't like vanilla ice cream at all."

Monza355: "Neither do I, Dabest09. If only we knew ahead of time that this was ice cream that we didn't like."

Oh how wonderfully flawed their logic is.
Tune in next week when Monza355 and Dabest09 read a thread involving a car that they aren't interested in and complain.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 11-23-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

So you guys would rather wander through life with blinders on?

Guess I'm different, I like to know about cars; so that I know what I'm up against if I ever end up in the lane next to it.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I tuned in because I saw 5.0 NA goes nines. Well that really isn't the case. It is a stripped down, butt load of money mustang that goes nines for a lot of money. Am I missing anything? Not really. Is it street competition. Again, not really. Heater, no blinders here, I see what I see. A stripped down built engine race car. DiscerningZ32, you are not funny even though you try. Get a life.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

I would say I expected more, but I'd be lying.

It's ok, because you're comments are funny in themselves, so it makes up for it.

Try bitching less and see where that gets ya sunshine.

Originally Posted by Heater
So you guys would rather wander through life with blinders on?
Come one man, you must have known that since September '09.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think I'm bitching. I made some comments about a car that is fast but has a lot of money in it. so what...
Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Monza355
this is LS1tech not expensive mod tech. keep it on another forum
=/= not bitching

There will always be Ford stuff posted on Tech at one point or another.
Not only do some people enjoy it, but it's even posted in a section that allows it.

Multimedia Exchange rules: Threads related to cars/automobiles. These threads should contain audio, video, or pictures of said topics.

Whatever you're doing, bitching or otherwise, it's pointless. The occasional Ford thread is going to pop up.
It's within your best interest to ignore them or enjoy them.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been watching mod motor threads in here since 04 so I know it happens. I can ignore them or enjoy them as you say but dare I make a comment otherwise or you will bitch about me making a comment. I can appreiciate a fast car for what it is but when it is portrayed as something it is not than I call BS. 5.0's dominate all the return. i saw this in the 80's and here it is again.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:17 AM
10 Second Club

Choose your words wisely Monza. Here in a minute youll be labeled a "BRAND LOYALIST" for stating your opinion on a GM BRAND LOYALIST FORUM???? I could see If I ventured over to SVTPerformance and started bashing mustang and posting LSx record vids I would probly get a few that would tell me to move my GM **** over to tech! But its a different story for a Mustang owner to do the same here??

Heck some even get touchy if you post some of the LSx achievements for a fair compairson! Then they sway the subject to "NO **** a Corvette will beat a Mustang!!" Point is that corvette is close to the same curb weight as the stripped down Money Pit you've posted in the video (Z06 is probly abt 200lbs heavier). The difference being the LSx did the same thing with technology from over 3 years ago, at a 1/10th of the cost, and was still a full street trim, steetable car getting over 26mpg on the STOCK GM BOTTOM END!
Old 11-24-2011, 02:24 AM
10 Second Club

Should change the title of this thread to "JPC dumped a **** ton of $$ into a stripped down 5.0GT, with aftermarket Trans, TALL rear gear, and a built motor!! And just barely broke 10's!"

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 11-24-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
While I'm not disagreeing, I don't think that "easiest/cheapest way to run 9s" is something can based just N/A. 5.0s love power adders w/ their heads and the stock internals have been holding up well. They are hitting that 475/500 w/ 6 LBs of or so.
I could say the same for the old LS1's, but Ill let you do your own searching on some of the power numbers from them.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

I'm a GM guy to the core, but seeing how much better the new 5.0 Stangs are when compared to the 5th gen Camaros actually makes me happy. Why you ask? GM now will hopefully respond with something big. I can smell a smaller, lighter, direct injected 6th gen around the corner. Competition is a good thing.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FUH Q
I'm a GM guy to the core, but seeing how much better the new 5.0 Stangs are when compared to the 5th gen Camaros actually makes me happy. Why you ask? GM now will hopefully respond with something big. I can smell a smaller, lighter, direct injected 6th gen around the corner. Competition is a good thing.
Speaking in OEM form, I will agree, the general will respond with something big soon!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Choose your words wisely Monza. Here in a minute youll be labeled a "BRAND LOYALIST" for stating your opinion on a GM BRAND LOYALIST FORUM???? I could see If I ventured over to SVTPerformance and started bashing mustang and posting LSx record vids I would probly get a few that would tell me to move my GM **** over to tech! But its a different story for a Mustang owner to do the same here??

Heck some even get touchy if you post some of the LSx achievements for a fair compairson! Then they sway the subject to "NO **** a Corvette will beat a Mustang!!" Point is that corvette is close to the same curb weight as the stripped down Money Pit you've posted in the video (Z06 is probly abt 200lbs heavier). The difference being the LSx did the same thing with technology from over 3 years ago, at a 1/10th of the cost, and was still a full street trim, steetable car getting over 26mpg on the STOCK GM BOTTOM END!
I believe this was just a thread to show the 5.0's recent achievement.
It wasn't a dick measuring contest to see what engine has done the most.
Well, it wasn't anyway until someone made it into one.

And Tech is NOT a GM brand loyalist site. Many members, including the people who started the site have owned a variety of makes, including Fords an Dodges. I guess appreciating all makes and models is still too much to ask of certain people.

The 6th gen camaro will run off of the soon to be new ATS chassis (think smaller and lighter) and will still use a version of the LS3.
No news as to whether it will be DI or not. I just know that the C7 will sport a 6.2l.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Why you say the 5.0 is better? Have you drove both? Acceleration #'s?

My buddy just went 12.9@110 in a stone stock 2012 1,000 mile Camaro. The only thing that could make the Mustang better than the Camaro is the gearing in the trans.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

And the weight

And the number of options

And visibility

And track times

And road course times

And then some...
Old 11-24-2011, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

I have to admit the #'s make me want the 5.0. I have driven the Camaro and it is a very nice driving car. I would like to drive a new 5.0 to see for myself .
Old 11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Who asked JPC what they had in the car? You guys keep talking like you know.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

If this wasnt a GM brand Loyality site how come there is no Ford section, Dodge section, Import section, etc...? All I see is Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Cadillac, Gen I & II, BBC, GTO, and 5th gen!! (I have a Dodge cummins parked next to my GTO and Z06 fwiw! One of my best friends had an 03 Cobra for years. Now drives a '10 Camaro SS)
KEY WORDS: LS1TECH.com (Not AMERICANMUSCLETECH.com)

This site is for GM!! You expect to post this vid here and have everyone say OMG I've gotta have one of those and not post a decent comparison! Sounds like you have the blinders on son. The reason I posted the vids is to show the potential of the OLD 97-04 Gen III LS1 vs the 5.0L Ford product. Lets not even get started with the GEN IV stuff.

BTW the mustang lacks serious displacement vs the Ls3 (Let alone stroker capability of each). You wanna compare platforms lets see how Copo's do on the 1320, and goodluck on the road course vs the ZL1. Do you think it would be hard for someone to slap on some of the ZL1 shocks?? Or the Live Axle conversion? Heck Stroke out an 5th gen with crazy *** compression on race gas with 4.10s and a Liberty Trans and No Passenger Seats, Radio, A/C, inner fender wells, etc.... Bet itll do better than 9.98!

I'm glad to see so many Ford owners excited for the 5.0L. And it is good to see some decent N/A Hp come from ford. If it puts more ppl in the seat of a modern muscle car, GREAT!! But, if your gunna come into tech calling the 5.0L GT light years ahead of the 2010 camaro not expecting to get some response plz let me know what drugs your on!

Quick Reply: 1st N/A 2011 Mustang GT in the 9's