Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

1st N/A 2011 Mustang GT in the 9's

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Who asked JPC what they had in the car? You guys keep talking like you know.
Watch first 15 seconds of video. Get out a Pen, Paper, and calculator. Then write down all the components, finally get on the internet and add up the totals without labor. There you will find the information that you seek
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Choose your words wisely Monza. Here in a minute youll be labeled a "BRAND LOYALIST" for stating your opinion on a GM BRAND LOYALIST FORUM???? I could see If I ventured over to SVTPerformance and started bashing mustang and posting LSx record vids I would probly get a few that would tell me to move my GM **** over to tech! But its a different story for a Mustang owner to do the same here??

Heck some even get touchy if you post some of the LSx achievements for a fair compairson! Then they sway the subject to "NO **** a Corvette will beat a Mustang!!" Point is that corvette is close to the same curb weight as the stripped down Money Pit you've posted in the video (Z06 is probly abt 200lbs heavier). The difference being the LSx did the same thing with technology from over 3 years ago, at a 1/10th of the cost, and was still a full street trim, steetable car getting over 26mpg on the STOCK GM BOTTOM END!
You know what's funny, the people over on SVTP are soooooo much more tolerant than people here. If I had to take a guess, it comes down to age of the owners. LS1 F-bodies are getting cheap, so the average owner age is dropping and therefore the maturity level...but you could tell that part from looking at a couple threads for about 5 seconds. Over there on SVTP, they have huge threads dedicated to vettes and LSX stuff, and you don't here anywhere near the bitching you do here. Not even close.

If this wasnt a GM brand Loyality site how come there is no Ford section, Dodge section, Import section, etc...? All I see is Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Cadillac, Gen I & II, BBC, GTO, and 5th gen!! (I have a Dodge cummins parked next to my GTO and Z06 fwiw! One of my best friends had an 03 Cobra for years. Now drives a '10 Camaro SS)
KEY WORDS: LS1TECH.com (Not AMERICANMUSCLETECH.com)

This site is for GM!! You expect to post this vid here and have everyone say OMG I've gotta have one of those and not post a decent comparison! Sounds like you have the blinders on son. The reason I posted the vids is to show the potential of the OLD 97-04 Gen III LS1 vs the 5.0L Ford product. Lets not even get started with the GEN IV stuff.

BTW the mustang lacks serious displacement vs the Ls3 (Let alone stroker capability of each). You wanna compare platforms lets see how Copo's do on the 1320, and goodluck on the road course vs the ZL1. Do you think it would be hard for someone to slap on some of the ZL1 shocks?? Or the Live Axle conversion? Heck Stroke out an 5th gen with crazy *** compression on race gas with 4.10s and a Liberty Trans and No Passenger Seats, Radio, A/C, inner fender wells, etc.... Bet itll do better than 9.98!

I'm glad to see so many Ford owners excited for the 5.0L. And it is good to see some decent N/A Hp come from ford. If it puts more ppl in the seat of a modern muscle car, GREAT!! But, if your gunna come into tech calling the 5.0L GT light years ahead of the 2010 camaro not expecting to get some response plz let me know what drugs your on!
Goddamn you sound like such a crybaby sometimes.

Bet it wouldn't do better than 9.98 either. Theres not many 5th gens in the 9s last time I checked, and they had a head start on the 5.0s.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

If this wasnt a GM brand Loyality site how come there is no Ford section, Dodge section, Import section, etc...? All I see is Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Cadillac, Gen I & II, BBC, GTO, and 5th gen!! (I have a Dodge cummins parked next to my GTO and Z06 fwiw! One of my best friends had an 03 Cobra for years. Now drives a '10 Camaro SS)
KEY WORDS: LS1TECH.com (Not AMERICANMUSCLETECH.com)

This site is for GM!! You expect to post this vid here and have everyone say OMG I've gotta have one of those and not post a decent comparison! Sounds like you have the blinders on son. The reason I posted the vids is to show the potential of the OLD 97-04 Gen III LS1 vs the 5.0L Ford product. Lets not even get started with the GEN IV stuff.

BTW the mustang lacks serious displacement vs the Ls3 (Let alone stroker capability of each). You wanna compare platforms lets see how Copo's do on the 1320, and goodluck on the road course vs the ZL1. Do you think it would be hard for someone to slap on some of the ZL1 shocks?? Or the Live Axle conversion? Heck Stroke out an 5th gen with crazy *** compression on race gas with 4.10s and a Liberty Trans and No Passenger Seats, Radio, A/C, inner fender wells, etc.... Bet itll do better than 9.98!

I'm glad to see so many Ford owners excited for the 5.0L. And it is good to see some decent N/A Hp come from ford. If it puts more ppl in the seat of a modern muscle car, GREAT!! But, if your gunna come into tech calling the 5.0L GT light years ahead of the 2010 camaro not expecting to get some response plz let me know what drugs your on!

Thanks to you; this thread is now more about LSX than it is about the new 5.0.

I didn't post the video to be used for dick measuring nor did I think that someone's vag would have a bloody blow out.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

This site is for GM!! You expect to post this vid here and have everyone say OMG I've gotta have one of those and not post a decent comparison! Sounds like you have the blinders on son.
Don't be a dolt.

The original intention of this thread was to showcase a car's accomplishment.
It wasn't a dick measuring contest until you came into it and got your panties in a twist.

A simple, "nice times," would have sufficed, but you had to show the world that the LS has done the same thing.
You can't give credit where credit is due because you clearly find the video upsetting. Get over it.

And just an FYI, I've never even owned a Ford and was already aware of every car you've posted.
I doubt you can say you're aware of any of the single digit NA mod motors out there.
I'm sure it's partially because you don't care, but those blinders aren't helping much either.

Originally Posted by Heater
Thanks to you; this thread is now more about LSX than it is about the new 5.0.

I didn't post the video to be used for dick measuring nor did I think that someone's vag would have a bloody blow out.
This.
He'll never get it though. Time to move along.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny thread. Maybe I'll create some Ford sections. This section was never meant to be GM specific, regardless of what certain people think.

I find it funny when guys with slow cars run their mouths about fast cars. It comes off like sour grapes every time.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Do you have any idea how much agony that would cause some users?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Old 11-24-2011, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Funny thread. Maybe I'll create some Ford sections. This section was never meant to be GM specific, regardless of what certain people think.

I find it funny when guys with slow cars run their mouths about fast cars. It comes off like sour grapes every time.
I will donate a massive $10 to this site if you create that section. A subsection called, "Badass Fords and everything non-GM" with the description under it, "close minded cry babies stay out."

edit: can we get that specific post stickied?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Hey man Nice to see you got yourself a terminator...its been a long *** time.

Damn that is awesome!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Wait, you guys mean to tell me its not cheap to take a new motor and be the first to go 9's N/A with it? WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?!?!?

Seriously though, I promise you guys the first LS1 to go 9's N/A had a whole lot of money in it too.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Any car into 9's N/A has a lotta money into it. lol
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Franchi
Any car into 9's N/A has a lotta money into it. lol

This is the truth.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Wait, you guys mean to tell me its not cheap to take a new motor and be the first to go 9's N/A with it? WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?!?!?

Seriously though, I promise you guys the first LS1 to go 9's N/A had a whole lot of money in it too.
Most of these punk *** noobs dont remember the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS (well maybe not that much, but close?!) it took the Colonel in a ******* complete DRAG CAR auto setup, with a $25k (somewhere in that range, and thats 2000 year dollars, not 2011) MTI 422 inch motor to run BARELY in the 9's over 10 years ago, not to mention getting it done with an auto is CHILDS play compared to a stick car when it comes to putting up the glory numbers at the track.

Or what it took bazillionaire SW to get his stick giant cube C5 into the high 9's back then!

The stuff that was around then is super outdated by today's standards, just like this offset grind stroker (hey remember those in the LS1 days?) car with ported stock heads, and regrind cams, stock production intake from a boss car etc.......sounds alot like what people were working with way back when in the LS1 world, but people forgot.

JPC knows how to make cars MOVE, and they have way bigger plans for that car to go faster. They seem to just be trying to get stuff out there, and try things to keep business rolling. There is a bit more left in the 60 ft alone.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:04 PM

Lmaoo!!

Quick Reply: 1st N/A 2011 Mustang GT in the 9's