Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Testing out the HD170 Stealth

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hendrixx
uhh.... every title of the video says its using the drift hd?

i dont get it
He was referring to the new Drift HD, that's its name with no 170 behind it, probably released late last year. I guess they built it to compete with the Hero 2.

Idk why he is talking about the new HD though, all of the vids I posted say HD170 unless y'all are seeing something different. He probably misread one of them and started talking out of his ***.

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Everything I have read online (of course that's not the end all be all) says it is a great camera and it got great reviews. $159 for the Drift HD170 is not a bad price at all.
Yep! Some people just cannot accept that something can be just as good, for less. I over-research the **** out of everything(and I do mean everything, I stared at microfiber towels for 30+ minutes at the store Saturday, while googling reviews & detailing forums ..I think I have issues) before buying, if it was an inferior product I would not own it.

Last edited by Tan327; 02-21-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 things ,ok first off ,why didnt you run the mustang? some action would have been nice lol, and alsoi think you need to adjust your tune a lil, car should not stall out lol,i dont think its a bad camarajust no gopro
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tan, what mount are you using to attach it to the car? Unless I missed something in what the package contains, I don't see anything that would attach it to the car. Wasn't sure if it came with a suction cup mount like the GoPro does. Thanks man.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
2 things ,ok first off ,why didnt you run the mustang? some action would have been nice lol, and alsoi think you need to adjust your tune a lil, car should not stall out lol,i dont think its a bad camarajust no gopro
I was data logging during that video, cam was just installed. Didn't run the Mustang because there are usually cops in that area, cant take too many risks cause the military would have my *** lol, he took a left soon after anyway.

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Tan, what mount are you using to attach it to the car? Unless I missed something in what the package contains, I don't see anything that would attach it to the car. Wasn't sure if it came with a suction cup mount like the GoPro does. Thanks man.
Im using the Drift suction cup mount, its like $20, really adjustable and well built.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Total for mine 320 with 32gb memory so for a $100 I will always take the better quality heres my first vid with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQU8...e_gdata_player
Old 02-23-2012, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Why's everyone coming in here hating on the guys camera, not like he's forcing you to buy the thing. I own a HD Hero2, but competition is a good thing, keeps prices in check.

Anyway Tan327 what size cam are you running?