Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2013 GT500 goes 11.83@123 Stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a very strong running car. Nice work, Ford.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firebird99
I believe most of the the mid 12 second runs we're done by shops trying to promote their upgrades and the vast improvement over stock which we all know is bs on their part. Also I was in no way saying that it's faster then a gt500 because even though I'm a GM guy im smart enough to see the truth but like I said a fast auto most of the time is faster then a quicker stick car from a dig on the street which is why I worded it the way I did since I would rather have ten street kills over one track lose.

Also on a side note there has been more then "ONE" hero run of 11's in a "STOCK" zl1 so do some more searching my friend.
No sir you need to do more research. Ive been on camaro5 for a while now in both Shelby ZL1 threads. There has been NO PROOF of an 11sec BONE STOCK time from a ZL1. Only a 11.9 CLAIM from GM. No documentation or video of the pass. They had a camaro5 member there when they ran the 11.9 and he said he watched them put a fresh pair of Nittos drag radials on the car bc they were determained to get a 11sec pass out of it. The rest of the passes were mid 12's on factory tires @ around 116mph.

I dare you to provide proof of a single case where a ZL1 made a 11sec pass BONE STOCK (factory tires)

116mph vs 125-129mph is HUGE.

Also Nite you should edit youre OP. This car will indeed be capable of beating a Z06 and GTR. Its def a drivers race and id give the edge to the Shelby from a roll.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

im not impressed for 650 hp just my .02 cents i bet my cam car would drag it on the street
Old 05-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brandon331
im not impressed for 650 hp just my .02 cents i bet my cam car would drag it on the street
Its 662hp.

I bet theres a car with less mods and hp that will drag your car too...Whats your point?

I bet your car would drag a ferrari, does that make your car better???

Its a serious question.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
No sir you need to do more research. Ive been on camaro5 for a while now in both Shelby ZL1 threads. There has been NO PROOF of an 11sec BONE STOCK time from a ZL1. Only a 11.9 CLAIM from GM. No documentation or video of the pass. They had a camaro5 member there when they ran the 11.9 and he said he watched them put a fresh pair of Nittos drag radials on the car bc they were determained to get a 11sec pass out of it. The rest of the passes were mid 12's on factory tires @ around 116mph.

I dare you to provide proof of a single case where a ZL1 made a 11sec pass BONE STOCK (factory tires)

Since you believe a member of the forum over GM then there's no point to further dispute it with you but on the other i dare you to prove GM a liar. So until that day I stand behind my previous comment and I will go on enjoying the zl1 and gt500 battle knowing that BOTH will whip any DODGE.....May not be first but atleast were not last!!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Staging Lane

Since you believe a member of the forum over GM then there's no point to further dispute it with you but on the other i dare you to prove GM a liar. So until that day I stand behind my previous comment and I will go on enjoying the zl1 and gt500 battle knowing that BOTH will whip any DODGE.....May not be first but atleast were not last!!!!!

Exactly what i thought. U made a claim and cant back it up. So if ford says tomorrow that they nailed a 10.7@131mph on street tires i guess we should all just run with that bc thats what they CLAIM right?? Lol!

You claim that theyre more than one bone stock ZL1's that has ran in the 11's and ive called you out on your claim. Just admit like a MAN that you CANT prove it. Why? Cause it has never happened. Just jump on camaro5 for 5min and you would know that instead of just pulling stuff out of ur you know what.

And ANY Dodge huh?? Even a DODGE Viper? or how about a DODGE Challenger Drag Pak?? Once again you sir have put your foot in your mouth. Try thinking before you talk/type. I know its hard but give it a shot. It will save you from a lot of embarrassment.

Here ill even help you. Heres a link to the thread where GM engineers claim that they ran an 11.9 on street tires and posted a video of them racing at the track. One thing tho. In the video it shows the engineers mounting DRAG RADIALS clear as day. They wanted to make a big deal about the car running a 11.9 on street tires, had a film crew out there but some how doesnt have any footage of the 11sec pass where its visable its on street tires. Just read thread. Its full of pissed off CAMARO and ZL1 owners calling BS. Enjoy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221434

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBefU6CIr5Q

Last edited by GotHemi?; 05-21-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought livernois motor sports ran a hand full of 11 sec passes with there zl1 in stock form.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Its 662hp.

I bet theres a car with less mods and hp that will drag your car too...Whats your point?

Its a serious question.
It's been done allready lol guy was pissed I love my bottle and too me yep it sure does
Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHRIS'S 98 SS
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought livernois motor sports ran a hand full of 11 sec passes with there zl1 in stock form.
No 11sec passes have been made stock. Than have made 11 sec passes with at least a tune and tires.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Props to ford on the gt500.

Wish GM would pull its head out of the sand, put the tvs2300 on the zl1 or at least up the boost on its current tvs1900 to 14 to 16lbs.

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 05-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess there isn't really much argument, the new gt500 is clearly faster, but some guys posting are acting as if the zl1 is in the same power range as the 13' gt500,& clearly its not, so of course it's gonna be quicker, but what I do remeber is that the 13' gt500 was built to beat the zl1, while the zl1's main deal was to compete against the 2012 gt500 (550hp),
Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

The new GT500 is amazing. No doubt in my mind someone will get into the 10s with just a tire and good air. As for the GT500 vs ZL1, that's a moot argument. The ZL1 is by far out matched. Just the way it is my fellow GM friends.

Its 662hp.

Its a serious question.
So when are you going to stop trolling the GM forums and pony-up and buy a Mustang?

Serious question.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its 662hp.

Its a serious question.
So the Gt500 will have no problem beating the ZL1 in a drag race, does that make the gt500 a better car?

Its a serious question.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO

Wish GM would pull its head out of the sand, put the tvs2300 on the zl1 or at least up the boost on its current tvs1900 to 14 to 16lbs.
Gm also has the ZR1. It has to regulate the power on the camaro because the vette is its flagship.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Demon 383
The new GT500 is amazing. No doubt in my mind someone will get into the 10s with just a tire and good air. As for the GT500 vs ZL1, that's a moot argument. The ZL1 is by far out matched. Just the way it is my fellow GM friends.

So when are you going to stop trolling the GM forums and pony-up and buy a Mustang?

Serious question.
Lol! Im a car guy period. No matter what make i own i will be on every type of forum talking cars.

Im actually up in the air on my next ride.
C5Z
Or and built f body that runs 9's or better. Really cant beat the f body since ypu can find those all the time for 15k or less. And im not loyal to any brand, i just wanna go fast, real fast.

Originally Posted by Cosmos
So the Gt500 will have no problem beating the ZL1 in a drag race, does that make the gt500 a better car?

Its a serious question.
Well since it has more hp, more tq, quicker 0-60, quicker/faster in the 1/4 mile, much better fuel economy, and its base price is actually cheaper than a ZL1, yes i would have to say its a better car. Actually a much better car.

And that was a serious answer with serious FACTS.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon331
wow. you could even beat it if its running 315 DR's and similar mods to you? you must be making 1k hp. cuz thats what it will take -apples to apples to beat a car like this. you think owners who race it are gonna run you with 285's?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GOTHEMI?- Well sir you have proven that you try way hard to be the alpha male on the Internet guess you don't have that at home huh?

1. You provided the proof for me with 2 cars that went 11's based on GM
2. The viper goes against the corvette I was referring to the pony cars but I guess next time I'll clarify that for the Simpletons.
3. The "drag pack"is a race only package that can't be directly compared to a street car so that was a FAIL!!!
4. ^^^^COPO CAMARO if wanna go there and the mustang cobra jet so once DODGE=LAST
5. Like I said before I'm sticking to what GM claims right or wrong and if I am wrong then I apologize to all that wasted their time reading my post.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

GOTHEMI?- Well sir you have proven that you try way hard to be the alpha male on the Internet guess you don't have that at home huh?

1. You provided the proof for me with 2 cars that went 11's based on GM
2. The viper goes against the corvette I was referring to the pony cars but I guess next time I'll clarify that for the Simpletons.
3. The "drag pack"is a race only package that can't be directly compared to a street car so that was a FAIL!!!
4. ^^^^COPO CAMARO if wanna go there and the mustang cobra jet so once DODGE=LAST
5. Like I said before I'm sticking to what GM claims right or wrong and if I am wrong then I apologize to all that wasted their time reading my post.
1. I provided you with proof that GM ran 11.9's with two ZL1's on drag radials. (not bone stock)
4. You said that the ZL1 would beat ANY Dodge. Whether its street legal or not its still a Dodge. I just took your words for exactly what they were.

As for the drag pak, put it up against any NA package car and watch it stomp the crap outta them. Even the supercharged cobra jets arent that much faster than the V10 powered challenger. Besided iirc they are in different classes. Dodge kicks *** in its class and so does ford. Chevy will be in both classes i think, we'll see how that goes.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think both cars are awesome and I like all domestic performance cars.... but stock for stock, the Shelby should make more power and beat the ZL1

I would hope the Shelby makes more power though, it's a bigger blower with a smaller pulley than the ZL1.

-Rick
Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports
I think both cars are awesome and I like all domestic performance cars.... but stock for stock, the Shelby should make more power and beat the ZL1

I would hope the Shelby makes more power though, it's a bigger blower with a smaller pulley than the ZL1.

-Rick

Were you attempting to quote me earlier?????

Quick Reply: 2013 GT500 goes 11.83@123 Stock