Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2013 GT500 goes 11.83@123 Stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 13 gt500 is rumored to be running 7:30's around the ring...

i cannot recall what forum i read it on... but it was a rumor
Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?

Well since it has more hp, more tq, quicker 0-60, quicker/faster in the 1/4 mile, much better fuel economy, and its base price is actually cheaper than a ZL1, yes i would have to say its a better car. Actually a much better car.

And that was a serious answer with serious FACTS.

Better fuel economy? I just looked and they get about the same. Too close to declare a winner on that front. Both get teens in the city and low 20s on the highway. I did noticed Chevy claims lower. No body buys these cars for that though.

The ZL1 would have more power but it has the ZR1 in its way.

So the GT500 beats it in power and straight line performance. The only thing you fans boys have is that the car makes 662 and is fast in a straight line.

And no Im not a ZL1 nuthugger. In fact, I dont like the 5th gens at all. I would rather have the Mustang but you some of you guys make it sound like the ZL! is a huge piece of ****
Old 05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cosmos
Better fuel economy? I just looked and they get about the same. Too close to declare a winner on that front. Both get teens in the city and low 20s on the highway. I did noticed Chevy claims lower. No body buys these cars for that though.

The ZL1 would have more power but it has the ZR1 in its way.

So the GT500 beats it in power and straight line performance. The only thing you fans boys have is that the car makes 662 and is fast in a straight line.

And no Im not a ZL1 nuthugger. In fact, I dont like the 5th gens at all. I would rather have the Mustang but you some of you guys make it sound like the ZL! is a huge piece of ****
LOL

I drive a dodge but im a ford fanboy?? Makes a lot of sense.

The info you looked up is WRONG!! The ZL1 does NOT hit 20's on the highway. Ever stop and ask yourself why doesnt the Shelby have the gas guzzler tax and the ZL1 does?? Duuuuhhhhh let me think... Lol

Yes no one buy these cars bc of fuel economy but it doesnt hurt to have it with almost 100more hp. It also doesnt hurt to have over $2000 more in your pocket from not having to pay the gg tax.

ZL1- city 14 hwy 19
GT500- city 15 hwy 24

Oh and the car is the FIRST pony car to be capable of 200+ mph out of the box. Just another reason why its a much better car. And yes straight line performance means everything. Tell me, when the last time you ran a road course??? Also tell me how many road course threads there are on here vs drag strip threads. GET REAL.

Im also not saying the ZL1 is a pos, just compared to the GT500 it may seem like a pos.LOL

The fact that you dont want to admit the Shelby is the better car (even tho i know you know it is) screams that your a good ole Chevy fan boy.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Well FWIW:

Equal boost out of each setup yeilds some damn close racing. (Wish the ZL1 had the TVS2300!!!)

LMR = Still on stock stall and street tires!

I know this isn't stock but pretty close comparison of what could happen if the general would quit playing around!!!!!!

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-lmr-...the-dragstrip/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ATdRgnMZoq4#!

put a TVS2300 on the LS7 = 2013 ZR1
Revamped cam LS9 = 2013 ZL1

WTF are they waiting for!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1. I provided you with proof that GM ran 11.9's with two ZL1's on drag radials. (not bone stock)
4. You said that the ZL1 would beat ANY Dodge. Whether its street legal or not its still a Dodge. I just took your words for exactly what they were.

As for the drag pak, put it up against any NA package car and watch it stomp the crap outta them. Even the supercharged cobra jets arent that much faster than the V10 powered challenger. Besided iirc they are in different classes. Dodge kicks *** in its class and so does ford. Chevy will be in both classes i think, we'll see how that goes.
1. Either the video is up and YOU can't prove that their pass was with dr not stock tires so I'm sticking with GM on that one.
2. I corrected my previous statement about ANY DODGE since you couldn't see where I was going and dodge still lose's so.....
3. As a drag only option the COPO is way better since it doesn't limit you to only one class and gives the ability to buy all 3 engines with the car as one package.
4. Don't cry about fastest N/A car just because your dodge with 512ci has a hard time with a Lil 5.3 with the small blower not even the big blower version. Because if that's the way your going to argue then the ZL1 would be better then the GT500 "IF" it was lighter with the same power, see how that works yeah it doesn't.

There I left those open so you can have the last word and feel better about yourself.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVTconfused
the 13 gt500 is rumored to be running 7:30's around the ring...

i cannot recall what forum i read it on... but it was a rumor
You would think the GT500 would be faster there since are alot of high speed sections and ford has proved that sucker will roll on the ZL1 by the traps speeds in the quarter so I could only imagine what it would do from a roll.

I do think it's funny how some Chevy guys dismiss the GT500 as a good handling car and some Ford guys dismiss the ZL1 because it's not as fast in the quarter. Now if that GT500 had the performance pack that's almost 10 g's more then I say the ZL1 is stock for stock better on the road course plus it will be a easier driving car when equipped with the auto which alot of people will appreciate and is an option ford should add to their arsenal of tricks.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firebird99
1. Either the video is up and YOU can't prove that their pass was with dr not stock tires so I'm sticking with GM on that one.
2. I corrected my previous statement about ANY DODGE since you couldn't see where I was going and dodge still lose's so.....
3. As a drag only option the COPO is way better since it doesn't limit you to only one class and gives the ability to buy all 3 engines with the car as one package.
4. Don't cry about fastest N/A car just because your dodge with 512ci has a hard time with a Lil 5.3 with the small blower not even the big blower version. Because if that's the way your going to argue then the ZL1 would be better then the GT500 "IF" it was lighter with the same power, see how that works yeah it doesn't.

There I left those open so you can have the last word and feel better about yourself.
So since you know what the Copo can beat how about you release some numbers. For all three engines. What kinda ets and mph are these cars seeing?

Also if the little 5.3 with a little blower is so much of a light weight how come its not the entry level engine???

Instead of putting the v10 against the blown 5.3 how about you keep it apples to apples. Ya kno, na vs na. As in 427 (ls7) vs V10. I promise you it wont be pretty for the copo...
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

So since you know what the Copo can beat how about you release some numbers. For all three engines. What kinda ets and mph are these cars seeing?

Also if the little 5.3 with a little blower is so much of a light weight how come its not the entry level engine???

Instead of putting the v10 against the blown 5.3 how about you keep it apples to apples. Ya kno, na vs na. As in 427 (ls7) vs V10. I promise you it wont be pretty for the copo...
Pretty Bold statement!

Incase you didnt know the 427 Ls7 ran faster in testing than the 5.3/2.9L whipple car.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha if you think the 427 is a slouch that's just silly and if the dodge can't beat it with an extra two cylinders and 85ci then it will be another sad day for mopar fans. I guess time will only tell huh? But it still comes down to the motors offered by the manufactures so it's Chevys choice to choose which motor not yours because if they had a boosted v10 it would a different argument for you.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Put down the motortrend and get back to us when you actually know something about cars.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ Me? If so please explain your reasoning behind your comment if not disregard this comment.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not you, gothemi? On mobile, can't quote.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't mind knowing if these GT500s being tested are base models or models with the SVT Performance & Track Upgrade packages?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not you, gothemi? On mobile, can't quote.
I see thank you for clarifying sir.
Originally Posted by jmurray87
I wouldn't mind knowing if these GT500s being tested are base models or models with the SVT Performance & Track Upgrade packages?
Oooo....That would be good and bad if it did have the pack because it would be even heavier and still that fast (the good) but on the flip side that puts a much bigger price tag compared to the ZL1 which evens it up a little when comparing performance for the $$$(the bad) but it's probably the base model GT500 which is nasty either way.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:43 AM
10 Second Club

According to Motor Trend, "Prices as tested $64,000.00+ on the GT500"
Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Well FWIW:

Equal boost out of each setup yeilds some damn close racing. (Wish the ZL1 had the TVS2300!!!)

LMR = Still on stock stall and street tires!

I know this isn't stock but pretty close comparison of what could happen if the general would quit playing around!!!!!!

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-lmr-...the-dragstrip/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ATdRgnMZoq4#!

put a TVS2300 on the LS7 = 2013 ZR1
Revamped cam LS9 = 2013 ZL1

WTF are they waiting for!
Your forgetting that the same psi with a smaller blower isnt the same as a bigger blower so it's still not the same but we don't have a bigger blower yet so that is a pretty cool comparison even though the mph was still really low but most times a auto car will mph less but it shouldn't be that low.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Put down the motortrend and get back to us when you actually know something about cars.
LMAO Son if you only knew...GTF with that weak *** chit.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Ok so ive seen the ls7 performed better in testing. To know that one would have to know what they tested at. I asked for numbers but didnt get anything. Sounds like its just more talk coming out of asses.

If that is indeed the case what a dumb *** mistake by GM. Heres a cheaper entry level engine thats faster than the more expensive engine above it. Great for for consumers, horrible for gm.

Also if thats the case bring on that WEAK *** BLOWN 5.3. I got somethig for its ***.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvup1r5O08k

And yes this is from my own personal page. Every video i own. This is not my car but i can set up races for it just like its my own. Wheres that damn motor trend book i would love read about fast cars...
Old 05-22-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I might be the only one, but I am not impressed that any car that costs what the ZL1 or GT500 cost only does mid to high 11's? I was expecting a bit more.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Ok so ive seen the ls7 performed better in testing. To know that one would have to know what they tested at. I asked for numbers but didnt get anything. Sounds like its just more talk coming out of asses.

If that is indeed the case what a dumb *** mistake by GM. Heres a cheaper entry level engine thats faster than the more expensive engine above it. Great for for consumers, horrible for gm.

Also if thats the case bring on that WEAK *** BLOWN 5.3. I got somethig for its ***.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvup1r5O08k

And yes this is from my own personal page. Every video i own. This is not my car but i can set up races for it just like its my own. Wheres that damn motor trend book i would love read about fast cars...
Give yourself about 4 to 5 weeks and the COPOs will be on the track, then do some more talking.

Our COPO #26 is expected to be completed in late august. First 5 COPOs should be out in June.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT500 goes 11.83@123 Stock