TECH Resident

goddam that sounds good........
Old 05-23-2012 | 07:37 PM
Teching In

Meh....it's not a Super Snake
Old 05-23-2012 | 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SVTconfused
the stock tune actually looks kinda sketchy... look at all the damn rapid ups and downs towards the top end...
Depending on what scaling/smoothing the dyno was on, you could be right.
Old 05-23-2012 | 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adamantium
Bert stare, chit just got real brah.
this made me spit up my latte
Old 05-23-2012 | 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
possibly i missed tghe first time you asked me.........but they do not have the vette as a limiting factor, because they are two different cars, aimed at two demographics.

those of you that think the vette limits what gm can do with the camaro are over thinking things.
So if ford built a focus that performed better then a gt500 you don't think it would affect the sales with a price tag of almost half?

Lol not one person called the ZL1 garbage, even if they have, do you own one? Who cares? it just failed to perform anywhere near the gt500. That's all. Im not a brand monger so i can say ford made an awesome car, who ever thinks otherwise is in denial, who wouldn't want a car that is capable of those trap speeds stock? and even if you don't like it for w.e reason, it still a awesome car.
Do you own one? If not then who cares about your opinion either. Guess you could call me a brand loyalist but at the same time you cant find a post where I trash talk the GT500 or other brands that don't prove their a better car.
I like my brand but I'm not blinded by the facts either Chevy lost this battle I'm just glad we have a dog in the fight.
Old 05-23-2012 | 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

funny you mention focus....i've been trying to get my mother to let me buy her one....those things are a lot of economy car for cheap.......
Old 05-23-2012 | 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports
Here are a few baseline runs from a 2013 GT500 earlier today.

VIDEO

-Rick
Well that shows why ford had to re-rate there Hp numbers because clearly that bad boy is severely UNDERRATED and now it's mph makes way more sense. That's 700 at the motor based off a 15% drivetrain loss...WOW
Old 05-23-2012 | 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
funny you mention focus....i've been trying to get my mother to let me buy her one....those things are a lot of economy car for cheap.......
I liked the old svt hatch back but the Saleen n2o edition was hawt also.
Old 05-23-2012 | 10:30 PM
Teching In

Redline Motorsports ran a 11.6 at 118 in a ZL1 with mickey t street drags and a cold air intake (without a tune) not sure if it was auto or standard but like a few people have said these speed shops are mainly trying to promote their business they arent professional drivers. I would be willing to bet that guy on youtube RangerC6Z06 could run a mid 11 with a stock ZL1. He ran a 10.66 with a stock ZR1 and a 11.02 with a stock Z06 both had the factory tires and neither of them have launch control. Granted the Camaro weighs a lot more with the right driver the race between a GT500 and a ZL1 would be closer, for the 1/4 mile anyways.
Old 05-23-2012 | 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Heater
I don't think the ZL1 is garbage, I just think that GM thought all they had to do was better than the 2011 GT500.
The truth. I think it'll be interesting to see how many changes come for the 2013 ZL1. And yes, the 'Vette is in fact the flagship performance vehicle for GM, so no, they won't build a lesser Camaro and rate it at higher HP. That would be poor marketing. Who would pay $120k for 638hp versus $60k for 650hp?....the average person doesn't pay attention to weight etc.....Horsepower sells cars baby.

Last edited by why87; 05-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2012 | 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The GT500 is a sick monster but the ZL1 is a dam good car as well, for its weight and power its moving out pretty well...the A6 is even more impressive. I think both cars are awesome and I am glad we have both out running around.

Ford has the advantage with the Mustang since its their flagship car, where as GM has the Corvette and everybody knows that GM will never allow the Camaro to be faster/better then the Corvette.
Old 05-24-2012 | 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ttop_ls1
Redline Motorsports ran a 11.6 at 118 in a ZL1 with mickey t street drags and a cold air intake (without a tune) not sure if it was auto or standard but like a few people have said these speed shops are mainly trying to promote their business they arent professional drivers. I would be willing to bet that guy on youtube RangerC6Z06 could run a mid 11 with a stock ZL1. He ran a 10.66 with a stock ZR1 and a 11.02 with a stock Z06 both had the factory tires and neither of them have launch control. Granted the Camaro weighs a lot more with the right driver the race between a GT500 and a ZL1 would be closer, for the 1/4 mile anyways.
As much I as wish that were true I think even with the best driver on the same day same everything the ZL1 will improve some but the GT500 would have more to gain based on trap speed. A dyno proven 600-610whp is roughly 700HP at (15% loss)the motor in a lighter car. Only way the ZL1 wins if it the auto beats out the manual with a crap driver.
Old 05-24-2012 | 02:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firebird99
As much I as wish that were true I think even with the best driver on the same day same everything the ZL1 will improve some but the GT500 would have more to gain based on trap speed. A dyno proven 600-610whp is roughly 700HP at (15% loss)the motor in a lighter car. Only way the ZL1 wins if it the auto beats out the manual with a crap driver.
Truth! Couldnt have said it better. Both are great cars but Ford really overdid it here with the latest GT500 and I am so happy they did! It's like a modern day muscle car era and the most badass mustang ever made and the last one by Carroll, Couldn't ask for anything else.
Old 05-24-2012 | 07:30 AM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Well that shows why ford had to re-rate there Hp numbers because clearly that bad boy is severely UNDERRATED and now it's mph makes way more sense. That's 700 at the motor based off a 15% drivetrain loss...WOW
Oh now its "WOW".

So i came in here made some corrections/updates on the Shelby and ZL1's performance, tell everyone the ZL1 doesnt hold a candle to the Shelby and i get called out and basically told i dont kno chit.

You watch one dyno video and its all hail the GT500.

When i say something, take it to the bank. LOL
Old 05-24-2012 | 07:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by why87
The truth. I think it'll be interesting to see how many changes come for the 2013 ZL1. And yes, the 'Vette is in fact the flagship performance vehicle for GM, so no, they won't build a lesser Camaro and rate it at higher HP. That would be poor marketing. Who would pay $120k for 638hp versus $60k for 650hp?....the average person doesn't pay attention to weight etc.....Horsepower sells cars baby.
the person smart enough to realize that the vette in that instance will still pummel nearly anything that lines up next to it, regardless or course type.
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Oh now its "WOW".

So i came in here made some corrections/updates on the Shelby and ZL1's performance, tell everyone the ZL1 doesnt hold a candle to the Shelby and i get called out and basically told i dont kno chit.

Haha that's how things go; the brand loyal look at your username or avatar then decide what youmeant by your post. If you made a username with something about fbodies you could say the same thing and get a 100% opposite reaction. To some its more important who said it than what they said.
Old 05-24-2012 | 03:04 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Haha that's how things go; the brand loyal look at your username or avatar then decide what youmeant by your post. If you made a username with something about fbodies you could say the same thing and get a 100% opposite reaction. To some its more important who said it than what they said.
Sad but very true. Lol
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:44 PM
Banned

Do you own one? If not then who cares about your opinion either. Guess you could call me a brand loyalist but at the same time you cant find a post where I trash talk the GT500 or other brands that don't prove their a better car.
I like my brand but I'm not blinded by the facts either Chevy lost this battle I'm just glad we have a dog in the fight.
Seems like you were defending the ZL1 to death there, or atleast that's what i got from all of you're posts. You don't have to care about my opinion, but it was based on facts. But the facts are this. The ZL1 is the slower car, by a good amount. Other than that choosing which car is "better" is based on opinion. Both cars start at the same price, one is alot faster than the other, only difference between is the brand. In reality, you don't look at a ZL1 or GT500 if you aren't into sports cars or cars that perform, the obvious choice for someone interested in this is the gt500.

Last edited by adamantium; 05-24-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2012 | 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Oh now its "WOW".

Seems like you were defending the ZL1 to death there, or atleast that's what i got from all of you're posts. You don't have to care about my opinion, but it was based on facts. But the facts are this. The ZL1 is the slower car, by a good amount. Other than that choosing which car is "better" is based on opinion. Both cars start at the same price, one is alot faster than the other, only difference between is the brand. In reality, you don't look at a ZL1 or GT500 if you aren't into sports cars or cars that perform, the obvious choice for someone interested in this is the gt500.
Please show me a post I made where I was blind by the facts. I have never said the zl1 is the out right better car only that it has it's own advantages compared to the gt500 and I have always said the GT500 would be faster and by all means it should. My "defending" was against people that totally trash talk zl1 so I will be waiting for your findings....
Old 05-24-2012 | 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Well after looking over your last 15-20 post nothing you say really adds to the conversation other then being negative and that has nothing to do with your name and I invite others to search your most recent post.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT500 goes 11.83@123 Stock