Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Not Again!!! FML

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012 | 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
What a ******* bitch
He drives a Ford and Caddy, whatcha expect?

Hope things work out!
Old 05-31-2012 | 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

I dont see why everyone is pissed that itsslow98 said it was his fault. It is his fault. No matter how hard someone slams their brakes in front of you you are responsible to stop without hitting them. No argument about it.
Old 05-31-2012 | 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jetaws6
I dont see why everyone is pissed that itsslow98 said it was his fault. It is his fault. No matter how hard someone slams their brakes in front of you you are responsible to stop without hitting them. No argument about it.
Negative. It varies by state. I've seen rear end collisions where the vehicle that hit the brakes was at fault. "Fault", if the state even has that, is determined by either the officer on scene, the insurance companies, or state/commonwealth laws.
Old 05-31-2012 | 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

As i stated before the cops were called and when the arrived they asked for mine and the other driver side of the story and then went to his patrol car, the officer came back after about 15 mins and said that the first car that slammed on there brakes causing the accident was at "fault" but since the car that caused the accident left the scene me and the second driver were left to deal with it our selves. No one was issued a citation as we were not at "fault".
Old 05-31-2012 | 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got a call from Statefarm the adjuster is going to be looking at it tomorrow. Part of me wants it to be fixed as I have built this car from the ground up but the part wants it totaled where I can just start over on low mileage accident free SS/WS6.
Old 05-31-2012 | 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atrain59
Got a call from Statefarm the adjuster is going to be looking at it tomorrow. Part of me wants it to be fixed as I have built this car from the ground up but the part wants it totaled where I can just start over on low mileage accident free SS/WS6.
Damn man it seems like these pewter SS's are like a curse for you

Odds are they will fix it for you and if they total it you can always fight it but the insurance companies will typically total it if the amount of damage is 75% of the vehicles value and the damage doesn't look like it adds up to me anyway.

I understand you've but a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the car but do you think that a new car would be an option? I mean if I wrecked two cars almost identical to each other in looks not even a year apart, I would consider getting at least a different year or at least color f-body. Anyways thats just my opinion and I hope everything goes well with your car.

Old 06-01-2012 | 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

No luck with 99's hopefully the 00 will treat you better.
Old 06-01-2012 | 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Damn man it seems like these pewter SS's are like a curse for you

Odds are they will fix it for you and if they total it you can always fight it but the insurance companies will typically total it if the amount of damage is 75% of the vehicles value and the damage doesn't look like it adds up to me anyway.

I understand you've but a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the car but do you think that a new car would be an option? I mean if I wrecked two cars almost identical to each other in looks not even a year apart, I would consider getting at least a different year or at least color f-body. Anyways thats just my opinion and I hope everything goes well with your car.

Oh I know, I think I need to stray away from camaro's and maybe go with a Ws6 lol, but I found a clean 99 Black SLP SS with 19,000 miles for 10k so most likely if mine gets totaled that's the car ill be buying and when I do get a new car or the fix mine its no longer going to be my DD, ill be buying a Honda or something to make my DD
Old 06-01-2012 | 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Default ss

Oh I know, I think I need to stray away from camaro's and maybe go with a Ws6 lol, but I found a clean 99 Black SLP SS with 19,000 miles for 10k so most likely if mine gets totaled that's the car ill be buying and when I do get a new car or the fix mine its no longer going to be my DD, ill be buying a Honda or something to make my DD
sounds like your liking that low mile ss I found for you
Old 06-01-2012 | 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NHRA4MULA
sounds like your liking that low mile ss I found for you
I was until I got the vin and checked the RPO codes and found out its not a real SS so I'm still looking
Old 06-02-2012 | 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

No

That's what I was thinking. I know I can get a used one off here or Craigslist for about $700
That's a good thing.. Those airbags can add $2000 in un-needed damage. I've had a car totaled before and their airbags went off. If they hadn't, the car probably wouldn't have been a loss.

And if you left black marks, the ABS wasn't working properly.
Old 06-05-2012 | 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got off the phone with Statefarm and they said its totaled they said thats its going to take them at least a day to come up with a figure of what the car is worth since it is so heavily modified.
Old 06-06-2012 | 12:51 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that man.
Old 06-06-2012 | 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Simplɘ Jack
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that man.
Yea it sucks now I'm waiting on Statefarm to figure out what the car is worth so they can give me a check. Statefarm told me that its going to take a couple of days as they have to consider all the modifications done to the car and I have to fax in all my receipts. How long does it usually take for an insurance company to figure up what the car is worth and send you a check?

Also ill be buying the car back and parting it out so get ready for that thread and ill be starting another thread looking for anoher low mileage SS or Ws6.
Old 06-06-2012 | 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

This is a picture from 2 days ago at G16

And this is what the car looks like as of 8:30pm today, Thanks to some jackass deciding to slam on there brakes because they missed there turn into Zaxby's

And for yall that have forgotten this is what happened a week ago last year https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...-5-2011-a.html . I had the SS towed to a body shop and will be going up there first thing in the morning to see what they say.
That sucks!
Old 06-08-2012 | 02:52 PM
On The Tree

I feel your pain sir.... I'd been home from the Gathering for about 3 days... drove mine to work and had some douchebag back into mine. So much for my fresh paint job. Hope it all works out.
Old 06-08-2012 | 06:21 PM
MASS seller approved

first question why did you and the other guy let someone leave the scene of an accident?

second, let me know what you want for it as a roller
Old 06-08-2012 | 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Running into the back of someone= your fault. Therefore no sympathy here.
I once rear ended someone after sliding 20+ feet in antifreeze because some asshat cop didn't do his job and clean the road after a previous wreck. not every rear ender wreck is cut and dry like you think it is.
Old 06-08-2012 | 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

This is 100% not true. This hasn't been true since the late 90's probably. Because there was a epidemic of people that new about this "loophole" and would swerve in front of someone and slam on their brakes, and what do you know, it would be the person in the back's fault, and they get their hoopty fixed up for free.

You know what I mean? I have a family member that works at Allstate. Rear end collisions are judged on fault on a case by case basis. HOWEVER, 98% of the time, yes it is the person in the backs fault.
Old 06-08-2012 | 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Do us a favor and buy a black one next time lol... Sucks you got into another accident, Watch out for stupid drivers they are everywhere. The thing is, most bad drivers don't get into accidents, they cause them.

Quick Reply: Not Again!!! FML