Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Want a reason to build a AutoLS car? Watch the video.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if we just say both suck, I have as many stories about A4s as I do M6s whether it be breaking something or not doing jack **** at the track or on the street
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread is to entertaining to quit now.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Nope. For an 05 member you are very lost. How is it that bolt on m6 cars are have trapped 112+ then? Just because some **** setup made 450 and trapped 115 at some **** track with **** DA doesn't mean every car does this? Your logic is flawed. Everyone knows a manual will always trap higher than an auto, its common sense... Also that camaro i shared made a tad over 500whp and traped 131 with slicks... Just to add to your retarded claims
I'm lost? I've worked on more LS engines than you have posts. 2 of them are in my sig. One runs 10s. The other will soon be quicker. You have a lid and catback?

The M6 cars are usually quicker stock or near stock because traction isn't an issue. Add power and they stop working so well. Stop in the Track section of this site. Countless posts of M6 guys dumping tons of time and money into their setups in the pursuit of traction. Many give up and drop an auto in for good reason.

I've seen numerous cam only and H/C M6 cars with impressive dyno sheets disappoint at the track. What track? MIR, Cecil, Capital... 2 of which are the fastest tracks in the world. They run like **** because they can't put the power down when the auto cars hook and go, the streets are even worse. Most M6 guys are as bad the turbo FWD retards who want 60 rolls - GTFO.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
I'm lost? I've worked on more LS engines than you have posts. 2 of them are in my sig. One runs 10s. The other will soon be quicker. You have a lid and catback?

The M6 cars are usually quicker stock or near stock because traction isn't an issue. Add power and they stop working so well. Stop in the Track section of this site. Countless posts of M6 guys dumping tons of time and money into their setups in the pursuit of traction. Many give up and drop an auto in for good reason.

I've seen numerous cam only and H/C M6 cars with impressive dyno sheets disappoint at the track. What track? MIR, Cecil, Capital... 2 of which are the fastest tracks in the world. They run like **** because they can't put the power down when the auto cars hook and go, the streets are even worse. Most M6 guys are as bad the turbo FWD retards who want 60 rolls - GTFO.
Not one single question was answered that day.

So why does this car i shared trap 15mph more than the 450rwhp m6 you claim? With 50more hp? So your going to sit here and say EVERY M6 that makes 450 traps 115, right? Down here some guy with H/C traps 120-121 with 420whp and stock 3.42s... Another one Andyislost (member on here) hasn't even dyno'd his cam only setup, he traps 121 (M6). Another one, studderin cam only setup dynos mid 4's traps 130mph (m6). HIO bolt on ls6 swap makes 426 traps 131mph (m6). There was actually a cam only setup on here that was a stalled auto and ran neck and neck with a stock 5.0 and ran like an 8.4 in the 1/8th. Does that mean all stalled camd cars are turds? NO.

You're talking to the wrong person about dyno sheets, i could give three ***** about dyno #'s. They don't mean squat. Track results matter to me. Yesterday i actually posted on a thread where a guy dyno'd 460 (or something really healthy) with his h/c ls2 gto, went to the track and trapped 111.

At the end of the day, its all preference (like i said several pages back).

My personal preference i waited a long time just to find my car M6, i didn't want an auto its boring IMO. Posting my opinion vs your opinion is dumb. This is the last time im posting in this thread.

Edit: oh and for the record, if your having traction issues and your car not being able to 60ft that has no effect on your MPH (unless its really really bad traction issue) it will effect your E/T. Which is why in most cases a M6 will out trap an auto. An auto will out E/T an M6 car.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-11-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a cool thread...wait.....wait...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Another pointless Auto Vs Manual thread!!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I think studderin is running 10.30's or 60's on his setup. The kid can drive his *** off and knows his ****, and has that car down to a science. All with just a cam and massaged heads (I think), and a ton of weight removal and other tricks. But the point is, he does it. And more people could too if they wanted to put forth the same effort he has. It's just that autos are easier than suspension tuning, so they don't.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's probably training for MMA too...lol
Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

omg we went from auto vs man to mr pibb vs sprite back to auto vs man. isnt this thread done yet? mod please lock
Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Problem?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Really? We can't have a normal discussion without you resorting to changing quotes around like a child?
That strait line stuff looks pretty hard, Ill just leave theses here for you guys...

or maybe...........

i saw that this was going to be pointless the moment it turned into the over beaten auto vs manual threads that have been on ls1tech since this site was first put up, and decided to **** off in the thread because no one is going to budge on their opinion and we are all going to sit here posting videos from youtube as if that proves a point? as if searching for your side of the argument and posting a video of it in a "take that" manner wakes us all up to your ideals and we bow down to your omnipotence.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmurray87

Exactly! Lets argue about it!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmurray87

That's ******* funny. LMAO